TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

5 years ago today...

fl99.jpg

fl99_scsa.jpg

fl99_taker.jpg

July 25, 1999, Buffalo, NY: WWF World Champion Steve Austin defeated the Undertaker in a First Blood, End of an Era match at 15:31 following a TV camera shot to the head after X-Pac interfered and kicked a chair into the challenger's face; prematch stipulations called for if Austin won, Vince McMahon would leave the WWF forever and if Taker won, Austin would never recieve a world title shot; Triple H attacked Austin after the match but the Rock made the save; Austin and Taker continued to brawl after the contest until Taker left ringside and Austin gave McMahon a goodbye handshake, just to hit the Stunner on him.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

And since the stipulations lasted 2 months and Taker/Austin only fought 200 more times this truly was a momentous date....

I wrote about this a couple of years ago here when I remembered to do my Today in Wrestling History column. Doesn't really seem significant, does it?

God just seeing that poster brings back like unlimited memories of that era, not just wrestling wise ( although wrestling mostly kicked ass too)

Then the sudden realization it's only been 5 years...and knowing what i know now seeing that poster.....It's kinda weird