TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrigidSoul

Crying over wrestling

Guest FrigidSoul
I'm pretty much done all of it and this is, without question, the best DVD set the company has put out (IMO, of course).

I'm not saying this as a Chris Benoit fan but more as a pro wrestling. This is the first DVD the company has put out that has shown the most range in terms of promotions, eras and matches. From the Stampede footy to backstage at WrestleMania XX, it covers it all and paints a portrait of a very driven and passionate artist.

I didn't expect to get as emotionally involved as I did with the feature and I found myself fighting back tears when I saw Benoits eyes well up talking about how he owes everything to Stu. I couldn't fight them a second time when Benoit looked at the camera with tears in his eyes and said "I miss him. I miss Owen". Ditto for when Malenko talks about what Benoit said to him after he came through the curtain at MSG.

The matches, as expected, rock ass. Sure, I could've done without the music editing and Todd Grisham comes off looking like an absolute putz, but that's minor. Except for possibly the Flair DVD, the WWE has never put out a feature that shows how much passion and love a wrestler has for the business.

Curry, I think you're a pretty cool guy...but you were obviously hugged and coddled too much as a child. This is terrible. I'm guessing you often watch the Lifetime TV Movies of the week as well. When somebody dies its ok to feel a bit sad if you're a fan, however to break down in tears over somebody else talking about it 5 years later is unacceptable as a man. You may now continue watching Oprah or The View or whatever it is that I tore you away from to read this.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

Actually he's wrong, there's nothing wrong with emotionally identifying with art, considering that's why it's there in the first place. Suggesting there's a limit to that is basically denying the purpose of art.

And that goes for all art, no matter how 'gay' the 4th grade finds it.

Guest Dids

Nothing wrong with showing a little emotion. If the WWE does what they do right- they can tap into that a tad.

FS, I like you bro, but you're running a little high on the jackass meter as of late.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I don't see a problem with it. Though it's a rare occassion indeed. Savage/Liz is probably the only good moment wrestling has ever pulled off though.

Guest FrigidSoul

All of you need to eat a Medium Rare steak and a baked potato with a bottle of Southern Comfort to wash it down.

Guest FrigidSoul

Medium Rare is step one. Their bodies are so pampered and sensitive that they can't just walk up to a cow and bite off a piece like you or I could, Ill.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I am still enraged that the reported Bret Hart DVD lacks his matches at WM 10 and 13. Fuck, does it ever piss me off. Fuck. Fuck.

And how did Curry get his grubby little Canadian paws on this DVD set? How? How? Share, fuck, I need a nap.

And how did Curry get his grubby little Canadian paws on this DVD set? How? How? Share, fuck, I need a nap.

It's cause Saskatchewan is a backwater. Trust me: I spent the first 23 years of my life there.

It's cause Saskatchewan is a backwater. Trust me: I spent the first 23 years of my life there.

We (Saskatoon) have officially been called the crime capital of Canada. Would that make us the Harlem or Detroit of Canada? I'm on edge here, folks. I''m surrounded by pimps and/or drug dealers looking to break my neck. Uh oh, they just got into my house,...don't forget about Bankkkkkky

Oh my fucking God...

Crying over wrestling. What the fuck is wrong with you cunts? You're supposedly men, in your upper teens to adulthood, and you are fucking CRYING BECAUSE A MAN IN TIGHT, BRIGHTLY COLORED PANTS FINALLY HELD DOWN THE OTHER GAY GUY IN A SPEEDO FOR THREE SECONDS.

Go kill yourselves, now.

I cried at the end of Rudy....is that as bad as crying after a wrestling match?

I've never seen Rudy, so I wouldn't know.

Just wait until thse pussies discover ABC at 2 p.m.

I've never seen Rudy, so I wouldn't know.

Just wait until thse pussies discover ABC at 2 p.m.

Are the fucking Olympics starting soon or something?

No, because people can actually relate to Rudy. Who the hell in the right mind would relate to a sweaty homoerotic brawl?

It's entertaining in the same way that a car wreck is. You're a fucking nancy boy if you think of it as anything more than that.

Rudy is about homoerotic men in big pads crunching into each other and patting their asses after every play.

Guest FrigidSoul
I cried at the end of Rudy....is that as bad as crying after a wrestling match?

Its pretty bad, but not as bad

As a man the only fucking thing from a movie you are allowed to get choked up over is the end of Field of Dreams when Kevin Costner asks his ghost of a dad if he would like to have a game of catch. That is the ONLY THING. If that didn't affect you then you aren't human.

How about the end of My Girl? When Macauley dies? Fuck man...that shit hits hard, yo.