TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blade2kxx

Official TNA Preview for 8/11

So Petey Williams is now the X-Division Champion? :huh:

...If so :o, w00t. Look at the sig. :D

Outside an innovative... and ridiculous finisher, Petey Williams offers nothing to the X-Division. AJ Styles and Kid Kash needs to use the title to propel their feud.

I find that to be somewhat true..but for whatever reason I'm a Team Canada mark. In my EWR game...one of the ideas I had was just..give them the belts, with the exception of world..and possibly getting a main event Canadian in the stable...As you pointed out, Petey, or any of them for that matter..are really well 'the best' ;) but I still like all of them. And of course the Canadian Destroyers made me like Petey even more.

Outside an innovative... and ridiculous finisher, Petey Williams offers nothing to the X-Division. AJ Styles and Kid Kash needs to use the title to propel their feud.

I find that to be somewhat true..but for whatever reason I'm a Team Canada mark. In my EWR game...one of the ideas I had was just..give them the belts, with the exception of world..and possibly getting a main event Canadian in the stable...As you pointed out, Petey, or any of them for that matter..are really well 'the best' ;) but I still like all of them. And of course the Canadian Destroyers made me like Petey even more.

Well all the more power to you. I too am a Team Canada mark (and yes I mark for the Destroyer even though I know its an illogical move)

I'm hoping La Parka... La Park, and Psychosis are kept around. Now that he's got his mask back, Psychosis is even greater.

So this begs the question; are the stories about wrestlers being beat down for putting their mask back on after losing it a sham? Surely Psychosis wouldn't put it back on if so.

The fans at the Asylum were dead during Ekmo/Shelley and Young/Gilberti, though I don't really blame them.

Guest Staravenger

In mexico, it's like a sin to wear a mask again after losing it. I think Rey Mysterio got away with it because he took it off after his match last time he wrestled in Mexico.

Guest whitemilesdavis

Well, I won't pay to watch Dusty and Russo. Period.

I will say bringing in Psychosis could be great if it's a long term thing. He could really boost the X-division.

Guest Dynamite Kido

JARRETT VS. HARDY – THE TITLE MATCH DRAWS NEAR!

Well, this shit was as terrible as expected. The only positive thing I will say about this segment is the fact that no matter how shitty it is.......adding "The Truth" to it makes it better.

20 SUPERSTAR INTERNATIONAL X DIVISION GAUNTLET FOR THE X CHAMPIONSHIP

This was actually entertaining for the possibility that it could have been the biggest clusterfuck in the history of the Gauntlet matches that they have done. Petey winning the x-division title(weather there was interference or not)was VERY good, and now they can actually keep it on him for a while(they could really use this to get Team Canada incredibly over as heels with all the interference potential) and actually get some really good, fresh X-Division title matches. So I was pleasently surprised with this and it left a good taste in my mouth as the show finished too. It was also great seeing La Parka again(wrestling as L.A. Park, since AAA owns the rights to La Parka and he can not legally use it anymore)and I was actually surprised at how well Chris Vaughn(security guy....remember?)did when he was an addition to the gauntlet.

BEST OF THREE SERIES FOR THE #1 TAG TEAM TITLE

AMERICA’S MOST WANTED VS. TRIPLE X

Now this match was basically what I expected...which was pretty decent. AMW, although they do get on my nerves half the time...but they do work well with Daniels/Skipper. Skipper did well in this one, and Daniels is simply the fucking man. AMW went up one fall by winning this one, and I am curious to how these matches are going to be when they get closer to the blowoff.

FOR A FUTURE SHOT AT THE NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE

3LIVE KRU VS. TEAM CANADA w/ Coach D’Amore

Terrible...simply terrible. Konnan and B.G. honestly have no business stepping in the ring anymore. Big surprise that 3LK was the weak link in this one huh?

CONTRACT VS, MONEY MATCH

ALEX SHELLEY w/ Goldylocks VS. DESIRE’S MYSTERY OPPONENT aka JAMAL

GODDAMN IT! Shelly is the fucking man, and they put him in there with Mutoh's AJPW golden boy. UGH. This match sucked from beginning to end.......why are they bringing back Jamal anyway? I swear I will be soooo pissed if they bring in Samoa Joe tag with the Lump of Shit aka Jamal.

FINAL GUTCHECK CHALLENGE

DAVID YOUNG VS. GLENN GILBERTI

OK. First and foremost, am I the only person that thinks it's basically retardation if you think that a 93 match LOSING streak will get anyone over? With that said, TNA should have been paying ME to watch this one. The match was WAY too long, and should have ended about 8 minutes shorter than it did. They seriously should fire both of these guys......they bring nothing to the table......AT ALL.

Guest The Last Free Voice

Okay peeps, here's the deal. Last week's rush is done, but I now have to learn HTML and format it myself, since Laz has gotten a life (good luck with that, by the way) so, the deal will be this: This week's RUSH will be a DOUBLE TROUBLE RUSH, unless the other gets posted for some reason, which I dobut. Don't expect anything too early or nothin, since I am going to rewatch the XXX/AMW and Gauntlet matches over. And learning HTML. Oh well, I've got my work cut out for me. If you see me slacking off, yell at me to get back to work, casue Lord knows I can't keep my self on track.

Screw learning HTML I'll just use the board tags... This is a test to see if that will work, so without further... word I can't spell, here is:

The RUSH for NWA: TNA’s Night of Revenge

By The Last Free Voice

We get the FBI Warning.

Dusty Rhodes shows up in a limo. He’s happy because tonight the “Championship Committee” will be named. Obviously he thinks he’s on it. Basically the concept is that Russo will pick a few people to help him make decisions. David Young walks up and basically says his goodbyes. I think. That was kind of confusing.

Now We go to a recap of Raven vs. Sabu.

MATCH 1: Raven vs. Sabu

Okay, here’s where I’m gonna start doing some match background. So here goes nothing.

Background: Raven and Sabu were both trained by The Sheik, Sabu’s uncle. They wrestled for ECW (duh). Ah Hell, someone’s already done this better… so allow me to plug fellow smartmarks border Lucharesufan, who wrote a great article on it in the General Wrestling area of the forums. But I promise I’ll write background for matches that don’t already have it covered by superior writers.

The Match: Sabu starts by getting a single leg takedown and he slugs away. Raven bails and Sabu follows with a Tope Con Hilo. Sabu does Raven’s legsweep into the rail spot then gets a table and sets it up so it makes a bridge from the apron to the rail. Best description I could come up with, gimmie a break. Chair shot is followed up by Air Sabu. Back in Sabu uses the chair to get the corner leg lariat. Sabu produces a spike of some kind (possibly a screwdriver) and uses it. He tries it again, this time charging at Raven, and Raven proceeds to back body drop him through the table on the outside! Back in Raven uses the chair that Sabu brought in and jams it right on his throat. That’s not a very nice thing to do. While Sabu is writhing around in agony (not really, but he kind of lies there) Raven wedges the chair in the corner. He sends Sabu into it and gets a two count. Raven chairshots him for 2. Raven slaps on the Camel Clutch (the signature move of Sabu’s uncle The Sheik.) No tap, so they go to the next spot, which happens to be Ravens old stand by, the drop toe hold to the chair. He does it a second time. Third time doesn’t work, as Sabu hits a triple jump uh…. Kick…. He really didn’t hit that well. Sabu slugs away and gets a chair shot. Now Sabu puts on a camel clutch. Sabu hits an Arabian Face buster (happy Laz?) Not once, not twice but THREE times. It gets two. Isn’t that supposed to be his finish? Anyway, a triple jump Moonsault gets two again. Sabu goes up to the top rope and misses another face buster. Raven covers for two. Raven goes outside and gets a table. Back in, he takes forever to set it up and eats chair. Sabu grabs a second chair then hits another Arabian Facebuster, this time sandwiching Raven between both Chairs. And one through a table. That gets 2.5. And someone totally masked in a robe type thing is watching from up in the nest/perch whatever. No clue who that is. Sabu goes for a Raven Effect but it’s blocked and Raven covers for 2. Raven then hits the Effect for 2. Raven gets ANOTHER table. Sabu chairs him and sets Raven up, but Raven ends up getting a botched Raven Effect through the table for the win. The table broke early and it just looked bad.

The Rating: * ½. It was just a pretty boring brawl. It didn’t have the inteseity that you would expect given the build up, and seemed to rely more on garbage spots than actual moves. Granted I wasn’t expecting much, but this could have been a lot better. Oh well.

Outside at the Asylum D-Ray is driving the limo for Goldie and Shark Boy is being the chef. Shelley gets to talk a bit, Goldie hams it up, and Abyss is in the trunk. Oh boy.

Hype/recap video for Abyss/Siaki.

MATCH 2: Abyss vs. Sonny Siaki. Contract vs. Money

Background: Goldilocks stole Erik Watt’s money (at least that’s the implication) and ended up keeping it when Abyss beat him. She then offered to put up the money against anyone willing to put up their contracts. Shark Boy and D-Ray were the first takers, and they lost. Last week Goldie and Desire (Sonny’s Girlfriend and manager) got into a fight. Sonny accepted the challenge, sighting the fact that he and Desire could use the money to help raise Desire’s kids. But he thought he was going to be fighting Shelley. No dice, as he gets the Monster Abyss. They have also recently been playing up the fact that Goldie is more interested in her “Baby Bear” Alex Shelley, who she brought in using Watts’ money, than Abyss.

The Match: Lockup and to the shock of all Abyss overpowers him. Siaki gets a headlock but is again overmatched by Abyss’s strength. Dropkick by Sonny and Abyss ends up on the floor. Siaki follows with a NICE palancha. Slugfest on the outside doesn’t go well for Siaki as he eats post. Abyss then adds more pain by Avalanching Siaki while he’s up against the post. Ouch. Then Abyss sends him into the steps. Back in Abyss beats the tar out of Siaki with open hand slaps in the corner. Siaki tries to fight back with Chops but gets dropped. Abyss hits a sidewalk slam for two. Abyss goes to the second rope and misses a legdrop. Siaki hits the FLIP MODE~! Sonny then hits an elbow and a 2nd rope clothesline. Abyss tries a chokeslam, but Sonny dodges and hits a Samoan Drop for 2! Goldie runs down and tries to grab the money and run, and this brings out Desire, which brings out Shelley, which then distracts Sonny allowing Abyss to hit a chokeslam! 1…2…No! Abyss grabs the money but misses and Siaki grabs it. He floors him with it and that gets two. Desire and Goldie go at it, and Shelley breaks them up. Maybe this is the part I thought happened earlier. Well anyway the finish comes when Siaki grabs Shelley and then Abyss hits the Shock Treatment for the win.

The Rating: ** ¼. Solid work all around and Siaki actually looked like he could hang with Abyss.

Scott Hudson is in the back with the Rest Hold Kid Michael Shane and Frankie Kazarian. Best part of this team is the fact that they’re managed by Traci Brooks, who I met at an ROH show without realizing I met her. Anyway, Nothing of note is said in this promo.

MATCH 3: Shane/Kazarian vs. Lynn/Sabin

Background: Frankie Kazarian won the X Title when Sabin had to vacate it due to injury. This led to a feud with AJ Styles when he returned to the X Division and beat Kazarian for the title. Michael Shane Joined the party when he and Kazarian decided that AJ doesn’t belong in the X Division any more. Chris Sabin and Jerry Lynn both came to AJ’s defense, and a mini feud has started. Last week Shane and Kazarian became co holders of the X Division title when Kid Kash cost AJ the Ultimate X match and they came down with the belt at the same time.

The Match: The Heels bail to start, with Lynn chasing Kazarian. Sabin ends up hitting a Tope Con Hilo! And it looks like he hit his head on the ground. Concussion anyone? Back in Lynn and Kazarian go. Tag to Sabin and he and Lynn hit a nice Drop Toe Hold/Dropkick combo. Kazarian and Sabin do a nice reversal sequence. Sabin hits a tackle leading to a Quebrada. That gets two. Tag Lynn and they hit a double Bulldog for two. They go at it (nothing really happening) and then Kazarian tags out to Shane. Shane slugs away, but Lynn ends up fighting out of the corner and tagging Sabin. The heels cheat to take over. They hit a nice double team move and Shane hits a kneedrop. Tag to Kazarian and the slaps on a straightjacket chin lock. Spice it up all you want Frankie, it’s still a Chinlock. Sabin counters out of it and gets a rollup for 2. Kazarian takes back over and tags to Shane. Kazarian then hits a springboard Demolition Decapitation for 2. Clothesline by Kazarian and he stomps away. Shane tags back in and covers for two. And he busts out the moveset with a Chinlock~! Sabin fights back and attempts to tag out, but gets cut off. Tag to Kazarian, but he gets caught in the BUM RUSH~! (The over the knee catatonic move) HOT TAG LYNN~! HE’S A HOUSE OF FIRE! Clotheslines abound! Shane gets caught with a T-K-OOOOO~! Traci is in and she gets an Air Raid Crash! Sabin goes for the Cradle Shock but Kazarian falls out the back and tries a Rollup! He can’t get it! Sweet Shane Music! Rollup~! 1…2…3!!!

The Rating: *** A solid tag match, with Sabin playing the Ricky Morton role well, and it got really energetic near the end. Too bad Kazarian needs to be carried and Shane is horrible.

Then we get a video for Monty Brown.

And now Scott is with Monty Brown. Another good promo. He’s really becoming a guy I look forward to listening to. If he keeps getting better in the Ring I think he could be a top player. So does TNA apparently.

And now a video recapping Jeff Hardy’s exploits in TNA.

And now it’s time for Russo to get his interview time. The point of the interview is to announce the Championship Committee. First one announced is Harly Race. Second is Larry Zybisco. And The third and last person is Terry Funk, not Dusty Rhodes. HA! Dusty is upset, comes out, Yadayadayada. JJ comes out. JJ and Dusty fight. Hardy saves. Brown comes out and POUUUNCES Dusty. Truth comes down and fights off Brown. Okay then.

And Hudson is in the back with Team Canada. Apparently next week there is a X Division open Gauntlet for the Gold. Either Shane or Kazarian will be first in, the other will be last in. And Team Canada vs. the Three Live Kru for the #1 Contendership to the Tag titles as well. Petey is gonna be in the X Gauntlet. Snoogins.

And now a video hyping the “Irish Weapons Match” between Vito and Pat Kenny.

MATCH 4: Irish Pat Kenny vs. Vito- Irish Weapons match

Background: Vito came in to help the NYC (Glenn Gilberti, Swinger and Trinity) in their feud with Kenny and Sonny Siaki. He engaged in a couple of fights with Kenny, including a streetfight. This should settle the issue. Hopefully.

The Rules for the match: There are three boxes in the ring, under the corners. One is filled with weapons. The other two are empty. There is a rugby ball with a key on it. (Rugby? WTF?) The match can’t end until the weapons are out.

The Match: Vito chokes Kenny with his shirt to start. He then grabs the ball and poses. This doesn’t look like it’s gonna end up well. Pat takes over with a backdrop. Pat then takes control of the ball but Vito jumps him and takes back over. Trinity opens a chest and it’s….empty. Vito and Trinity argue a bit, then Vito goes back to punching Pat. And he uses the empty chest on Kenny. Trinity opens the second chest which is also empty. Vito sandwiches his head between the two empty chests and hits a dropkick. Trinity then hits a nice kick as well. More punching and Pat takes back over with a Twist Of Fate! Odd, I didn’t think anyone would be allowed to use that one in TNA anymore…. He then goes to unlock the last (weapon filled) chest. Gilberti interrupts and grabs the ball and runs. David Young stops him from leaving. Young chairshots Gilberti. Young passes the ball to Kenny and he grabs the plunda. Green lid shot for Vito. Trinity tries to hit Kenny but misses, then eats lid too. Kenny wraps a green chain around his hand then hits Vito for the win.

Post match Kenny shakes Youngs hand.

The Rating: **. Another pretty average brawl.

Scott is in the back with AMW. Another boring, yelling promo from the redneck and the other redneck.

Match 5: AMW vs. Team Canada

The Background: Basically, Team Canada’s coach Scot D’Amore hates any team getting more glory than his guys. AMW has been pretty much praised as the best Team in TNA, an honor I think should be attributed to XXX, but Kayfabe wise AMW is, I guess. Anyway, two weeks ago Team Canada interfered in AMW’s cage match and cost them the tag straps. This is payback. This is also a “country Whippin” match.

The Match: Big brawl to start. AMW controls, and chokes them using the ropes. Roode meets the rail on the outside. Inside Storm uses the whip on Petey. Harris then hits a standing suplex. Petey comes back with a dropkick and tags out. Roode stomps away in the corner, but Wildcat fights back. Roode stops that quickly and punches away then uses the whip. Tag Petey. Nefarious tactics with D’Amore and Roode ensue. Choke with a strap and tag Roode. He gets another choke but they end up with a double KO! Both guys tag out. Cowboy unloads with the house of fire stuff. He Chucks Petey at Roode, who catches him, then he clotheslines them both! He then proceeds to chase after D’Amore. Back in Petey takes over on him but Wildcat spears him! They go for the Death Sentence (The Midnight Express’s old Vegematic) but D’Amore cuts them off. Roode hits a clothesline and Petey covers for two. Roode hits Scott by mistake and then he and Harris trade Full Nelson slam attempts until Harris gets one for two. Petey gets hit with the Swinging Noose! Hart Attack is broken up! Scot hits a hockey stick shot 4-2~! Williams ends up getting sunset flipped for the three count! Post match D’Amore gets whipped, Devine and Young save, XXX saves AMW. Simple.

The Rating: *** ¼. A hot tag match, but nothing memorable.

Scott Hudson is in the back with the Naturals. Another nothing promo.

Then we get a video for the mystery guy. Still have no clue who it is.

We then throw to Tenay and West at HYPE CENTRAL~! David Young comes out and challenges Gilberti. How many last chances does Young get?

Throw to Hudson with Kash and Dallas. Typical promo from Kash. Dallas Speaks!!! Whatever.

Video for Kash/AJ.

MATCH 6: AJ Styles vs. Kid Kash

Match Background: Basically Kash wanted the X title from AJ. But Kash got hurt, and Jeff Hardy took his match. Kash interrupted that match. This got him suspended by TNA. He of course blamed AJ for this. So when he came back he made AJ his target, eventually costing him the X title in a very counter productive move. Anyway, this should be the blow off.

The Match: Lockup and they trade wristlocks leading to a mat counter/reversal sequence. Stand off ensues. AJ unleashes the forearms and some armdraggery, causing Kash to take a powder. Back in they lock up again, and AJ chops and forearms him into the corner, where AJ gets a lariat and Moonsault off the chest. Slam and a flying kneedrop by AJ gets two. AJ hits a dropkick then hits a B-E-A-UTIFUL Moonsault onto Dallas. Kash then hits a nice slingshot rana to the outside. Kash chops at him then we go back in. He hits the top rope clothesline that I really don’t like. That gets two. AJ tries fighting back but gets clotheslined for two. Kash gets a Rita Romero Special (Mexican surfboard) with a Chinlock! Then he just flips him off so he goes face first into the mat! Nasty! That gets two. Pele kick misses then Kash slaps on an Ankle lock. AJ escapes and gets tossed to the outside. Dallas hits a clothesline and sends him back in where Kash covers for two. Kash goes for the Moneymaker, but AJ fights back and chops him into the corner. Kash takes back over and ends up hitting a double underhook shoulder breaker. AJ hits a jawbreaker and some chops leading to a bad looking double KO. AJ takes over after a short slugfest. AJ with the Quebrada DDT! It gets two. He follows that up with the Hanging Neckbreaker but it’s countered, and they trade reversals until AJ gets a backslide for 2. Kash then hits a triple jump rana and a tornado DDT for a two count! AJ fights back with a HUGE Enziguri and Pele Kick~! They fight back and forth and Kash hits a Hotshot! He heads up while Dallas chokes him. KASH BOTCHES THE VAN TERMINATOR! Styles hits the Styles Special! Both men up and Kash distracts the Ref allowing Dallas to hit a big boot! This match was going pretty well too… That gets two! AJ hits the Discuss Clothesline! 1…2…3!!! AJ WINS IT!

Post match everyone basically ends up in the ring fighting. XXX, Sabin and Lynn, Kazarian and Shane, 3LK, it was a cluster.

The Rating: *** ½. Good match with a somewhat weak finish.

OVERALL: 7/10. I was expecting a lot worse than this, but once again the X Division guys manage to bring this one up. Worth checking out if you have the time, but don’t go out of your way to see it.

VOICE

Did it work right? If so, I'll be sending this in now... And working on this weeks now...

Guest Staravenger

Does anyone know who got that short "Coming Soon" vignette? It aired in the later half of the show.

And who is Alex Shelley? First time I've seen him and have no clue on his background.

No clue on the coming soon guy.

Shelley is a great young talent out of the Michiagan area, I beleive. He first made a name for himself by feuding with Jimmy Jacobs in teh mid west, most notibly IWAMS. He then started working in Ring of Honor, where he put in some solid performances. Earlier this year, around May or June, if memory serves, he started a major stable there, and his star has taken off from there. He trained alot with Joe Legend, and is good at quite a few different styles. He should be a great addition to the X Division roster, if they ever smarten up and put him there.

Guest Dynamite Kido
No clue on the coming soon guy.

Shelley is a great young talent out of the Michiagan area, I beleive. He first made a name for himself by feuding with Jimmy Jacobs in teh mid west, most notibly IWAMS. He then started working in Ring of Honor, where he put in some solid performances. Earlier this year, around May or June, if memory serves, he started a major stable there, and his star has taken off from there. He trained alot with Joe Legend, and is good at quite a few different styles. He should be a great addition to the X Division roster, if they ever smarten up and put him there.

I just wanted to add this....

The group that Shelley is in is called Generation Next and consists of Alex Shelley, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, and Jack Evans.

Does anyone know who got that short "Coming Soon" vignette? It aired in the later half of the show.

It's a repackage D'lo. If you taped it pause it when the person is doing his pose(the same pose D'lo does before his leg drop) and you can see the back of his head.

Guest Staravenger

Damn...I was hoping for someone like Kanyon. Was D'lo having another stint in Japan?

Guest Donners

Kanyon's about to retire apparently. Now D'Lo can join the successfully repacked masked workers like Apolo and Carl Oulette.

Well all the more power to you. I too am a Team Canada mark (and yes I mark for the Destroyer even though I know its an illogical move)

Johnny Devine is so under rated!

He wrestle's for Callis in NHB in my city... if they would let him 'go', he is sooooooo good. He would be perfect in the main event picture.. although anyone who hasn't seen him in house shows wouldn't understand why.

I can understand why. Of the few matches I've seen with Devine, he's been the shining star. Uber-charismatic, seems to know when to hit his moves, sells everything, and just comes across as a generally good wrestler.

Me and my best friend watched it last night. We both really enjoyed it. He is wanting to order next week for the Hangman's Horror match between Raven and Sabu. We SOOOOOOOO marked out for La Parka last night. We were goin crazy when he FINALLY did his dance. We are both La Parka marks goin back to WCW. I hope that he stays. Anyways...we both really enjoyed last night. The only thing that I was REALLY wanting to see were some of the X-Division wrestlers to do their finishing moves (630, Shooting Star Leg Drop, etc.). I really wanted my friend to watch it cuz he doesn't watch or keep up with TNA, but from seeing it last night, he is really wanting to watch it next week. Now if TNA can have Sabu and Raven deliver in their match, I am sure that they will have him become a regular viewer. He isn't a casual viewer though. His family have been wrestling fans for 3-4 decades now. Matter of fact...in his mom's hospital room, after she gave birth to him, she was watching wrestling on tv. His grandma also got banned from going to see some wrestling shows in our home town because she cut a wrestler with a can opener at a show cuz the wrestler said or did something to her. :lol: Anyways...if TNA can deliver next Wednesday, then I am sure they will have a new viewer :headbang:

As for who the coming soon guy is...(I dunno how to do the spoiler tag thing so yea, would appreciate if someone PM's me how ;) ) But..

***Spoilers***

Reports have said that the 'Coming Soon' videos are supposed to be for a repackaged D'lo Brown..

***ok, spoiler gone***

Guest Staravenger
His grandma also got banned from going to see some wrestling shows in our home town because she cut a wrestler with a can opener at a show cuz the wrestler said or did something to her. :lol

Wait....Stunt Granny is REAL!?! :huh: