TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leon

According to Toronto, Y2J is WWE's top star

Guest Leon

In my opinion, at SummerSlam, Jericho was received more vociferously than any other wrestler. He was even cheered over Toronto's hometown boy, Edge.

Now, I don't think Toronto is too far off, here.

Jericho deserves to be supported as vocally as he was tonight during his triple threat match. He's the most consistent performer in the company. He's vastly entertaining, he's very entertaining on the microphone, he's a great wrestler, rarely sustains injuries, and most importantly, he's the most charismatic wrestler in the company now that Austin and Rock are gone.

Is Toronto really out of their minds?

I don't think so.

Toronto hit it right on the head.

Jericho is WWE's best all-around performer.

As logical as pushing Jericho sounds, I don't see it happening. They'd rather use his bullet-proof heat to get other (less talented) people over.

As I said elsewhere, Edge has shown heel tendencies recently and did so tonight as well. There's no real reason to cheer for him over Jericho. After all, he's the one that picked the fight over Jericho eliminating him from that #1 Contender battle royal.

Jericho is teetering. He's very over but not quite over enough to be the top guy, IMO.

Of course being the most popular guy doesn't always matter, and as far as performance goes Jericho deserves to the top guy.

As logical as pushing Jericho sounds, I don't see it happening. They'd rather use his bullet-proof heat to get other (less talented) people over.

*DING* *DING* *DING*.

Folks, there's your answer.

Guest wildpegasus
As logical as pushing Jericho sounds, I don't see it happening.  They'd rather use his bullet-proof heat to get other (less talented) people over.

*DING* *DING* *DING*.

Folks, there's your answer.

and he has long hair

Guest NoMercy

Any smark from Southern Ontario knows Edge isn't from Toronto. He's just billed as being from there so that the American fans can understand where he is from. Edge is actually from a town in Southern Ontario called Orangeville. Its fairly small and insignificant. But it also means that he gets no heat from Toronto crowds because he's trying to fake being a hometown guy but he never grew up there.

Any smark from Southern Ontario knows Edge isn't from Toronto. He's just billed as being from there so that the American fans can understand where he is from. Edge is actually from a town in Southern Ontario called Orangeville. Its fairly small and insignificant. But it also means that he gets no heat from Toronto crowds because he's trying to fake being a hometown guy but he never grew up there.

I could of sworn with the exception of last night, Edge usually gets a huge reaction in Toronto.

If we're going by last night, RVD is a top star too, since he got a great reaction. But never judge by one night, because that's why Vince hired Buff Bagwell, and you know....

Please don't tease me like this. It makes me think back to january 2002 and the greatbess that was Rock/Jericho. then i look at Jericho now and I just want to cry.

I really don't get how the RR match with Rock was supposed to have done Jericho any favors. He had to cheat about every way possible to finally beat him, and it seemed to me to be the nail in the coffin of his title reign. If with his "not a transitional champ" spiel, he'd also done something about how he was actually better than Rock too, and made him tap out, the reign still could have been salvaged. Even if he'd had an even feud with RVD, it could have been salvaged, but I thought the way they did it just made Jericho look like shit.