TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest British CitiZen

Promotion Wars 1.3 Released

Guest British CitiZen

Promotion Wars 1.3, a Wrestling Simulator in which you can take control of a promotion and book shows, look after workers and generally maintain and look after the promotion, was released earlier today.

The official website is http://www.promotionwars.co.uk/ and the forums, with stat updates, can be found here; http://www.promotionwars.co.uk/forums/index.php?act=idx

Guest Salacious Crumb

I see Promotion Wars got the same threat from the WWF as everyone else did. Man you'd think they'd have better things to do with their time than threaten everyone.

I remember I used to like this alot better then EW, until EW Revenge came out. It would be nice if someone put together a version with a few more promotions, and real WWE wrestlers though.

Guest Evolution

I never liked Promotion Wars, EW always had my support. PW was an awkward game for me to play, and I never could get used to this. I too, thought PW was over with, however. I'm not even going to bother with this game, though.

It's worse than EWR. The winners are random, well in the first version they were, and its like, crappy. It looks crappy, but it's not half bad. The summeries aren't better and you have to keep pressing the spacebar to continue reading the match. It's nowhere nears close to the depth of EWR, but it's not horrible.

I Played Promotion Wars waaaaaaaaaay back when it was first released. To start off, it EATS RAM. If youre running around 128mb RAM (most computers made in the last 4 years shouldn't be this low in RAM, but just so you know), you'll need to go into your program manager and manually shut down nearly everything that is running just to get the game to load-up completely. If you thought the match commentaries in EWR are repetitive, you haven't seen anything yet. Aside from hitting the space bar to advance through the match, you get the same commentary almost every time, just with the wrestler's names changed, obviously. Wrestler's only have 2 stats, entertainment and draw. 3 wrestlers that I remember (Rock, Austin, and Goldberg) were the only ones that had 99 or 98 in draw value. The rest of the wrestlers had to settle for only getting to a draw cap of 97. The entertainment stat is pretty much all the individual stats from EWR (brawl, technical, speed, charisma) all wrapped into one stat. One advantage it had over EWR was that it kept a complete championship history list, instead of just the 10 most recent title changes. However, in terms of replay value, customization, and just being an overall fun waste of time, I would stick with EWR.

My other gripe with Promotion Wars, was the MUCH hyped Promotion Wars 2. The designer of the game, Adam Jennings, kept promising the game was coming, and delayed the release date over and over. He posted several pics of in-game footage, and from what he said about the game, and judging by the pics, it was going to blow-away EWR. However, after pushing back the release date over and over, and promising it was coming for OVER 2 YEARS, Jennings pulled the plug on the game, out of the blue, saying he got an "out of memory" message, and until he could better educate himself in programming, he would not release the game, nor would he turn the code over to another programmer, to finish the game. So, after 2+ years of build-up, it led to nothing but a HUGE disappointment.

In conclusion, EWR is a much better game overall, but if you just want a much more simplistic game, then give Promotion Wars a shot.

I played most wrestling simulators, and I can affirm that TNM7 and TEW/EWR are just thousand times better than Promotion Wars, even though you have to pay for them. They just blow it away.