TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slimm44

TNA's Official Announcement

I found this this morning from tnawrestling.com

TNA WRESTLING TO OFFER MONTHLY THREE HOUR PAY- PER-VIEW EVENTS

TNA WRESTLING “VICTORY ROAD” DEBUTS NOVEMBER 7TH

Nashville, TN (August 19, 2004) – TNA Entertainment, LLC announced today that Total Nonstop Action Wrestling will move to a monthly pay-per-view format beginning in November. The first three hour pay-per-view event will air live on November 7th at 8pm ET/5pm PT and be called TNA Wrestling “Victory Road.”

TNA Wrestling broke ground in June 2002 launching the first ever weekly pay-per-view event series in professional wrestling history. “Victory Road” will be the beginning of a new era for TNA Wrestling.

“In two short years, TNA has leveraged its successful Wednesday night weekly pay-per-view to take the company from a virtually unknown entity to the most recognized ‘New Wrestling Alternative’ for fans around the world,” said Dixie Carter, President of TNA Entertainment. “As we continue to grow the company across all platforms and take advantage and respond to the ever changing cable and satellite marketplace, we strongly believe the move to a monthly pay-per-view event format will be another positive step in establishing ourselves as the serious contender in our industry.”

Carter added, “This change in business strategy has also been very well received by our pay-per-view partners.”

At this time, TNA Wrestling has already secured distribution for its monthly pay-per-view events on

iN Demand, DISH Network, TVN, Viewers Choice Canada, Bell ExpressVu and Shaw Communications.

In addition to the monthly pay-per-view events, TNA Wrestling has two other television properties. “iMPACT!” on Fox Sports Net clears over 83 million homes weekly, and TNA “Xplosion”, a weekly syndicated program, is in more than 40 million homes with plans to expand the distribution by the end of the year.

The last live weekly pay-per-view will be held in Nashville at the TNA Asylum on September 8. The following three Wednesdays will feature a collection of the greatest moments from the most exciting year in TNA history from the Tag Team, X Division and Heavyweight Division.

The alternative for the true wrestling fan, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling prides itself on delivering quality, family programming that is clean, innovative, cutting edge and with the high-risk, high-flying athleticism that TNA Wrestling is known for. Total Nonstop Action Wrestling features wrestling superstars such as Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Raven, Monty Brown and America’s Most Wanted among others. For more information, log on to www.tnawrestling.com.

Brad Bernstein

Trifecta Entertainment

615-254-3333

Guest MikeSC
I found this this morning from tnawrestling.com

TNA WRESTLING TO OFFER MONTHLY THREE HOUR PAY- PER-VIEW EVENTS

TNA WRESTLING “VICTORY ROAD” DEBUTS NOVEMBER 7TH

Nashville, TN (August 19, 2004) – TNA Entertainment, LLC announced today that Total Nonstop Action Wrestling will move to a monthly pay-per-view format beginning in November. The first three hour pay-per-view event will air live on November 7th at 8pm ET/5pm PT and be called TNA Wrestling “Victory Road.”

TNA Wrestling broke ground in June 2002 launching the first ever weekly pay-per-view event series in professional wrestling history. “Victory Road” will be the beginning of a new era for TNA Wrestling.

“In two short years, TNA has leveraged its successful Wednesday night weekly pay-per-view to take the company from a virtually unknown entity to the most recognized ‘New Wrestling Alternative’ for fans around the world,” said Dixie Carter, President of TNA Entertainment. “As we continue to grow the company across all platforms and take advantage and respond to the ever changing cable and satellite marketplace, we strongly believe the move to a monthly pay-per-view event format will be another positive step in establishing ourselves as the serious contender in our industry.”

BULLSHIT FILTER: "We're getting SLAUGHTERED on the weekly pay-per-view shows. We don't make a damned dime on them. We're PRAYING this works. We can't keep bleeding money like this."

“This change in business strategy has also been very well received by our pay-per-view partners.”

BULLSHIT FILTER: "They only air one show a month nobody pays to watch, rather than the present four."

At this time, TNA Wrestling has already secured distribution for its monthly pay-per-view events on

iN Demand, DISH Network, TVN, Viewers Choice Canada, Bell ExpressVu and Shaw Communications.

BULLSHIT FILTER: Screw you, DirecTV!

In addition to the monthly pay-per-view events, TNA Wrestling has two other television properties. “iMPACT!” on Fox Sports Net clears over 83 million homes weekly, and TNA “Xplosion”, a weekly syndicated program, is in more than 40 million homes with plans to expand the distribution by the end of the year.

BULLSHIT FILTER: Less than 500,000 watch the shows, combined, each week. And let's not even do the math of what percentage of a viewing audience tends to order PPV shows.

The last live weekly pay-per-view will be held in Nashville at the TNA Asylum on September 8. The following three Wednesdays will feature a collection of the greatest moments from the most exciting year in TNA history from the Tag Team, X Division and Heavyweight Division.

BULLSHIT FILTER:We should charge .01 for each of them, to make people sit and watch the best we have --- but we don't want to spend the time of screwing over expectations, like we did after our previous .01 show.

The alternative for the true wrestling fan, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling prides itself on delivering quality, family programming that is clean, innovative, cutting edge and with the high-risk, high-flying athleticism that TNA Wrestling is known for. Total Nonstop Action Wrestling features wrestling superstars such as Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Raven, Monty Brown and America’s Most Wanted among others. For more information, log on to www.tnawrestling.com.

BULLSHIT FILTER: Note that only one of the guys we list is actually worth a damn in the ring. That's a coincidence. Really. Honestly. We're TOTALLY not kidding.

-=Mik

Guest Dynamite Kido

C'mon Mike, what do you expect. Them to put out a release based on the things you mentioned? I mean, like TNA or not.......there is no reason for a post like that.....we all know that already. This is basically an advertisement, and I am sure YOU realize why it is written the way that it was.

Guest MikeSC
C'mon Mike, what do you expect. Them to put out a release based on the things you mentioned? I mean, like TNA or not.......there is no reason for a post like that.....we all know that already. This is basically an advertisement, and I am sure YOU realize why it is written the way that it was.

And I commented that it was knee-deep in bullshit.

Poorly written bullshit, to boot.

-=Mike

Guest Salacious Crumb
C'mon Mike, what do you expect.  Them to put out a release based on the things you mentioned?  I mean, like TNA or not.......there is no reason for a post like that.....we all know that already.  This is basically an advertisement, and I am sure YOU realize why it is written the way that it was.

And I commented that it was knee-deep in bullshit.

Poorly written bullshit, to boot.

-=Mike

It's no different than the fantasy land that the WWF has lived in the last couple of years.

Guest ally mccoist

I'm intrigued to see what the main event will be. They've got just under four months to build up to it. I'm assuming it means Jarrett keeps the belt until the ppv and finally drops it then or, and sadly I can imagine this happening, Jarrett drops the belt now and wins it back at the ppv. I'd bet (hope) on the former, but you never know.

America's Most Wanted are worth a damn in the ring, if not pretty stale & boring.

AJ Styles is amazing.

Jeff Jarrett is worth a damn in the ring, if not tired and repetitive.

Monty Brown has great charisma and is improving.

I'm no TNA fan, they've ripped me off plenty a time with shitty shows, but they've got decent enough main players...they just need to get coherent angles and storylines together.

Personally, I think they'll be out of business in less than a year. That's just me, though.

Jarret should drop the belt to Hardy, as Hardy has more main stream publicity than Jarret.. then at the big PPV have Hardy drop it to Raven.. I think advertising Hardy vs Raven *may* have some power to draw crowds, (Hey, it's a match they haven't seen since Sunday Night Heat!!)

No, I don't know what I'm talking about.. It'd be cool to have AJ vs Truth but no one who aren't already fans of TNA will really know/care who they are.

Hardy has more main stream publicity than Jarret..

WHA?!?!!?!?!

Not alot of people watched Jarret back when he was with the WWE... the "new generation" of wrestling fans or whatever had a bunch of hardy marks.. all the ladies in the USA will order the PPV!

Guest Donners

Raven was being jobbed out in his last match and Hardy had all sorts of problems, so I could imagine it being a bit of a mess.

Obviously a change had to be made. Whether it works or not remains to be seen, but it would take a hell of a lot of luck. Much will depend on what happens to Impact, because I can't see a show on 3pm Fridays being used to build up to monthly PPVs. Interesting to note there's no mention of price yet, nor the location of the PPVs.

Guest MikeSC

If it's more than $20, they'll have a dilemma. As for where --- I imagine it'll take place in Orlando --- though it will be a bad idea. I think it would do good for TNA to try and give the big PPV shows a different look and atmosphere than their regular broadcasts.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
I saw on one of the main sites (PWTorch, PWI) that they are going to start out with $19.95

The price point is OK (ECW didn't go higher than $20 and they always had a larger fanbase --- and their shows weren't that great, either). I know they probably can't afford to rent arenas for the PPV --- but I think holding it at Universal Studios is just not going to work out for anybody.

-=Mike

I saw on one of the main sites (PWTorch, PWI) that they are going to start out with $19.95

The price point is OK (ECW didn't go higher than $20 and they always had a larger fanbase --- and their shows weren't that great, either). I know they probably can't afford to rent arenas for the PPV --- but I think holding it at Universal Studios is just not going to work out for anybody.

-=Mike

I agree. They should try to have it at the same place they had at their first PPV. Or if they came to Virginia the Hampton Coliseum would be a perfect place. As long as they have longer storytelling matches, push the right talent, go to arenas that has die-hard wrestling fans and their isn't any run-ins or screwups the monthly PPV thing should work out fine.

Guest Donners

At the same time, Universal Studios looks production value-wise probably as good, if not a heck of a lot better than, any place that they could get for a reasonable price. Plus they already have a relationship in place, which would make things easier.

I found it a bit jarring to see Impact look much nicer than the rather dingy Asylum when it's the latter that was the PPV, and that would only be heightened with a larger fee.

What a logo. Well, no one ever said TNA isn't still catering to the Southern male fanbase.

I'm glad they're doing $19.95. I was worried they'd try to do WWE-prices which would only serve to f them in the a.