Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

8/20 SWF Storm HOLT Report

SWF Storm HOLT report

August 20, 2004

San Antonio, Texas at Alamodome

Report by Sean Castillo of Amarillo, TX, Smartmarks.com reader

Dark Matches:

Syndicate defeated Viktor Tarakanov by disqualification in 3:32 when Tarakanov hit him with a steel chair.

The Wayward Sons (Alan Clark & Ced Ordonez) beat Déjà Vu in 5:18 when Clark pinned Kris following a double missile dropkick.

Ace Lezaire pinned Ryan Dustin in 4:56 following the ACE Crusher.

Edward James pinned Chance Silver in 2:41 with the Dominator.

IGNJL Eastern United States Champion and Petey the Irish Penguin wrestled to a 15-minute time-limit draw.

“Hollywood” Spike Jenkins beat USJL Champion Vladimir Everheart by count-out in 7:55 when Jet kept him from returning to the ring.

Storm:

- Toxxic continued to taunt Judge and Bowers as they went back up the ramp, saying that they should be thanking him for allowing them to walk out of the ring. You could see that Bowers was chomping at the bit to get back in there and fight, but Judge kept him from getting himself hurt.

- Birdman was celebrating on the ropes after his victory, when Duran pulled him off and started beating on him. He took off his shirt and started to choking him out with it, but when he went outside the ring to get a chair, Birdman turned the tables on him, superkicking the chair into his face and dropkicking him out of the ring!

Funyon then got into the ring to announce the paid attendance and to tell the crowd when the SWF was coming back to San Antonio. I’m guessing that this was done to give Birdman enough time to get backstage and set up for his backstage skit.

- Manson and Drazon were about to come to blows after the four-way. They were chest-to-chest spewing obscenities at each other, each blaming the other for Max King being able to pull off the win, but Drea managed to calm the two down with promises of bacon sandwiches.

- It was good to see David Cross get out of his slump; the guy tries hard, and he needed a quality win to get himself back on track. Sly, on the other hand, has been in a hell of a slump since losing the Cruiserweight Title. Plus, I could help but notice that NTD had a few choice words for him after the match; I don’t think that he’s too crazy about the direction Sly appears to be trying to go in right now.

- After the Davis/Night match, they showed a video vignette teasing the return of Perfect Bo. Man, the last time I saw him, he and Jay Dawg were jobbing to a then-unproven Wild and Dangerous. I wonder how much he’s got left in the tank?

Mak Francis then came down to host the Countdown to Genesis giveaway. He was in a sharp-looking suit, but I’d sure rather see him back in the ring; he’s too young for his career to be over.

- It’s hard to gauge the reaction after the Van Siclen/Masked Man match, but I’ll tell you one thing: Revolution Zero make it easy to cheer for anybody against them…

- I can’t wait for someone to take the Cruiserweight Title off of Flesher; I mean, everybody and there brother knows that he’s probably the best mat wrestler in the world, but he’s such an insufferable dick, you’d even be happy to see Cutthroat win the belt off of him… well, maybe not Cutthroat…

- Oh my God! I can’t believe that Johnny actually beat Toxxic! I don’t even think HE believed it until Hebner handed him the title; hell, he might have been the most surprised man in the whole building, and that’s saying something! It was so sweet to see Toxxic finally get what was coming to him! All the faces came back down to ringside to help him celebrate; it was fucking insane!

Biggest Pops

1) Johnny Dangerous

2) Dace Night

3) Judge Mental

4) The Masked Man

5) Andrea Montgomery

Most Heat

1) Toxxic

2) Tom Flesher

3) Mike Van Siclen

4) Landon Maddix

5) John Duran

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Pffft...

A well known fact that if he tapped out just one second earlier... I would have walked out the victor... not King.... them dense fucking Americans.

Pffft...

A well known fact that if he tapped out just one second earlier... I would have walked out the victor... not King.... them dense fucking Americans.

<Kelly>Such complaining will NOT be tolerated when I'm in charge! *writes a note on her clipboard* No...hiring...people...from...British Columbia...