TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

PROMO: Never Be The Same Again...

"What a load of crap." Landon Maddix snarls as a buzzer sounds off on the T.V screen he's watching. "Why the hell would they need a timeout now!?!"

"Eh." Megan Skye shrugs, as she waves her minature American flag into Landon's face mockingly...her black eye noticeably more healed than it was on Smarkdown.

"Oh, yeah, that's right. 'Eh'. Sounds about right, coming from a damn Yank. Were you 'Eh'ing when your precious 'Dream Team' got crushed by the mighty Puerto Rico? Or were you whining and crying like a little baby, while us Spanish were out-performing you?"

"'Us Spanish'? You were born in South Dakota, Landon."

Stopping, Maddix turns away from the T.V screen and gives Megan a curious look...the red and yellow stripes painted on his face unable to disguise his unhappiness.

"I'm half-Spanish..."

"..."

"...can we turn this off yet?"

"Wait a minute, wait a minute...I wanna see how many more points we score."

"There's only 5 seconds left."

"All the same..."

*URRRRRRGGHHH!*

"...WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Megan leaps up as the Spain/U.S game ends, clearly happy to have won. Maddix meanwhile sighs and grabs Megan's miniture American flag...contemplating snapping it in half, but thinking better of it.

"Now now, don't be a sore loser." Megan chuckles.

"Bah! You cheated."

"How did we cheat?"

"The ref was in your back pocket the whole game! One of your 'all-stars' probably paid him off, considering how over-paid the entire NBA is nowadays."

"As opposed to the pay at the 'mighty' Real Madrid basketball club?"

"...have you decided where we're going yet?"

"No...I mean, I've been having second thoughts. Don't get me wrong, a break would be nice and all, but we really should go down to Smarkdown with the rest of the roster. I mean, it's the right thing to do."

"Why? King doesn't want me booked on the show and I'm not wasting the rest of my week in preperation for a dark match against some retiree in need of a few bucks to feed his alchohol addiction."

"...but, Jamie Drazon's in the main event."

The two share a hearty laugh, until Megan grabs back her American flag and waves it in Maddix's face with a whispered 'w00t'.

"...sorry." she eventually mumbles.

"I'm serious. We'll turn up, don't worry. But I'm just gonna go there, wrestle whatever dark match King wants to put me in...or, whatever Metal match or whatever crap it is they do before the show. It's not like I'll need any preperation for that. More than likely they'll put me up against Ash Ketchum or Petey the Penguin, or some other such loser. And then, when that's done, we're going. I'm not sticking around the entire show in the crummiest dressing room King can assign me, getting blanked by all the backstage workers who don't want to be associated with King's enemy, for fear of getting fired. No. No, we're gonna enjoy these few days, don't you worry. I still reckon we should go up to my Mom's. She's still dying to meet you...especially since I sorted out that whole marraige misunderstanding."

"Thank Todd you did."

"Yeah...that was one CRAZY month. Anyway...what do you reckon? She's still working, so we'd have the house to ourselves for most of the day or I can take you on a tour of my old childhood hangouts. Plus, my Mom's a great cook. Did I tell you about her lemon meringue?"

"A couple of times, yes."

"Don't sound too keen, please." Landon sighs sarcastically.

"Oh, no it's not that I don't WANT to go to your Mom's. Really. But, I'd prefer to have some quality time...alone. You know, like we had before Card and Natasha came along? Just you and me, hanging out. And, South Dakota isn't really the capital of entertainment, is it. I hear Spain is nice this time of the year anyway. You still own that villa out there don't you?"

"So you LIKE Spain now?"

"Well, now we beat you...yes."

"Ha...funny."

Megan giggles and goes to wave the flag again, but Maddix cuts her off by holding up his hand as a lightbulb seems to go off in his head.

"Fancy a trip to Athens?"

"What?"

"A trip to Athens. We could go out there and see what tickets we can get, watch a couple of events...we'd be back ready for Smarkdown, as long as we don't stay too long. It's perfect! I'm sure I'd be able to get tickets for a real sport like the football, or...boxing. Or Taekwondo. I might even learn something from it. Hell, I could pass it off as an educational trip and try to ship the bill onto the SWF!"

"Can you do that?"

"Only one way to find out. It's not like I'd be making any new enemies if it didn't work anyway. And besides...I'd say King owes me, so I'm sure he could afford two return tickets to Athens."

"What about the...'drinks bill'." mumbles Megan, trailing off slightly to the end as she picks something up off of the small 'coffee' table in front of her.

"Hmm...well, I don't want to bankrupt the company. We'll just take it easy. Five drink limit...per night, of course. Eh? ...Megan?"

Landon turns around to see Megan stood frozen on the spot, a small rectangular piece of card in her quivering hand. Maddix quickly stands up and takes the card from her, which has a crudely drawn 'K' drawn on top left and bottom right corners...like a playing card...and a picture of a grinning Suicide King in the middle. Snarling at the bad pun, or rather double bad pun, Maddix turns the card over to see what's on the back and stops just like Megan had. The camera zooms in on the card, seeing the message wrote in thick black marker pen on the back...

HOW'S THE EYE?

"That son of a bi..."

Maddix stops again as suddenly to his right, Megan start sobbing. Quickly Maddix wraps a consoling arm around her as he throws the card across the room.

"...it's ok, nothing's gonna happen to you. Not while I'm around. Don't worry."

"I...I..."

"Sshhh...don't worry. King's not going to do a thing to you, Card's gone...he's just trying to play mind games with us..."

With a snarling look, Maddix turns his head over to where the crudely created card lays and glares down at it as if it were really King, rather than just a picture of him, sitting on it.

"...and it's not gonna work!"

Guest Ghetto Bird

How can you hate basketball? It's the best sport ever!

And what's with half the heels on the roster suddenly deciding to turn face, anyway?

Did I mention that next show I'm coming out to 'Rock The Casbah' by the Clash and turning on Revolution Zero?

I didn't?

Guess it won't be happening then.

Oh, yeah, Landon... nice promo to keep the whole thing going, but your disappointment at Spain losing in basketball still pales in comparison to Toxxic's outburst when England went out of Euro 2004 ;) I like the fact that Suicide King is still taking an 'interest' in your well-being though...

And what's with half the heels on the roster suddenly deciding to turn face, anyway?

Half the heels are turning face? :huh: