TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

What are you listening to right now?

Guest godthedog

'live at fillmore' by...you guessed it, miles.

turns out the record store that i go to downtown has oodles of his stuff on vinyl. i HAD to get it. and i have to get more.

Guest redbaron51

Mad Season: Wake Up.

If you like Alice In Chains, check out Mad Season. Its Layne on Vocals and Mike McCreedy on Guitar

Guest saturnmark4life

'I wanna know what I wanna know' by Rocket From The Crypt.

One of the best string parts in any rock song, and so casually done. Fuckin' A.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Primus-"Professor Nutbutter's House of Treats"

Man, Les is just banging the shit out of that bass from beginning to end, and throwing in crazy fills and riffs with ease.

He makes me sick

Guest JebusNassedar

The good sick, of course.

"Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt" by The Mars Volta. Again.

Guest redbaron51

Down In A Hole: Alice In Chains (unplugged)

* i might do a review of this DVD*

Guest saturnmark4life
Primus-"Professor Nutbutter's House of Treats"

Man, Les is just banging the shit out of that bass from beginning to end, and throwing in crazy fills and riffs with ease.

He makes me sick

That's probably one of my favourite Primus tracks, never really got into the rest of the album though.

Aphex Twin - 'drukqs'

Mercury Rev 'Boces'

Residents - 'Our finest Flowers'

Oh, and AoO, I picked up 'Meddle' and 'Apostrophe' the other day in a sale due to your recommendations, having had little exposure to either artist before and find them to be mighty fine.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Oh, and AoO, I picked up 'Meddle' and 'Apostrophe' the other day in a sale due to your recommendations, having had little exposure to either artist before and find them to be mighty fine.

I didn't like Punchbowl nearly as much as some of their other stuff. It has great songs at the beginning and towards the end, but the rest of it is pretty "eh." I fucking LOVE "Through the Electric Grapevine" and "On the Tweek Again." It starts out great with Nuttbutter and "Mrs. Blaileen", too.

Both of those albums get better as one listens to them more, I think. They're also probably the best albums to use as introductions, respectively. Apostrophe has a good mix of Zappa's dumb stuff, his REALLY dumb stuff, and his wicked solo goodness. I read a review on 411 that recommended Sheik Yerbouti as a good Zappa starter, too, which I disagree with a little bit, since that album is about nothing but anal sex, seemingly. The whole cd is wonderfully vulgar, and has some great songs mixed in there, but parts of it get old pretty quick.

Meddle is wonderfully diverse, too, and only suffers from the black spot that is "San Tropez."

Guest evenflowDDT

The Church - "Blood Money"

It's no "Under the Milky Way", or even "Reptile", but it's quite the capable new wave track. I think the fact that it's not about romance in any way gives it some credit.