TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeadDropMark

Evolution Double Turn?

Guest HeadDropMark

After the HHH promo (minimizing Flair & Batista) & Orton seemingly acting sympathetic, do you think a double turn (where Evolution dumps HHH and anoits Orton leader) could work?

In terms of continuity, it would make sense that Evolution as a group is losing confidence in Hunter. He was unable to beat Benoit & has struggled against Eugene. His record since WM is less than impressive compared to past glory.

Orton would benefit as the 'new' Evolution leader, a subtle rub that would give more life to the program. At this point he hasn't done anything to turn 'face', and punking Hunter out in the upcoming PPV would just add another chapter to the turn.

If the goal is to do HHH/Orton at WM, a storyline where the seeds are planted for the dumping of Hunter is one way to get there (hopefully making things more interesting by adding more drama.

I just can't imagine the standard 'rebellious student vs. teacher' angle lasting into March without getting painfully stale. There is only so much that can be done from now to then with each playing out their current roles.

Guest Loss

They've already rushed right into this and killed the angle. HHH turning is the only way to save it, but even then, I'm not convinced this is the right thing to be headlining Wrestlemania.

Guest Fook

The problem with that is then you have a solitary heel going up against a group of faces, which is completely contradictory to standard wrestling booking.

Plus Raw is lacking in heels as it is (it's basically Evolution and Kane), so turning Flair and Batista would deplete an already thin lineup of heels.

Guest HeadDropMark

Sorry. I should have made clear the 'turn' would retain Evolution as a heel faction sans HHH. Then the remaining months could be dedicated to rebuilding the humiliated HHH character, in the form of a betrayed legend trying to regain his lost prominence.

I imagine the shows will remain dedicated to Hunter anyway, so a change of some sort in his character is better than status quo 'Cerebral Assassin' mode ad infinitum, at least to me anyway!

I think Evolution is just about done. Batista will be the next to go after he finally realizes that he's being used by HHH/Flair. I don't think he'll side with Orton though. Flair will probably go back to being HHH's "manager".

The best Scenario that I can think of:

HHH loses at Unforgiven after botched interference by Batista. HHH goes nuts on RAW the next night but eventually concedes that it was just a mistake and that Batista is still on his side. Then at Survivor Series, Batista and HHH are in the EC match (if there is another this year) with HHH thinking that Batista will help him win the title, but Batista eliminates HHH but doesn't win the belt (Orton retains again). Quick feud between Batista and HHH from Survivor Series to Royal Rumble (theres a throw away RAW PPV in there somewhere) with HHH winning.

Survivor Series will be an interesting PPV for the WWE in terms of booking, at least for RAW, as there is a number of issues/storylines that could be done there. If they wanted to go the 5 on 5 route they could work in......

Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels and William Regal or Eugene vs HHH, Batista, Ric Flair, Kane and ?

This match itself could be the one where we unveil a new Evolution member. I could see them putting Edge on the face side (if he's back) and then have him turn and join Evo. Ditto for a guy like Benjamin, who IMO is the best possible candidate at this point.

If they wanted to work an EC they could do.......

Randy Orton vs HHH vs Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels vs Batista vs Chris Jericho.

This all hinges on whether or not Orton loses to HHH at Unforgiven.

You know I was thinking the same thing about Evolution dumping Triple H for Orton. That would make the rumours make sense. Orton turns "face" and goes back heel. That would extend things. If Evolution goes back to Orton by Survivor Series then the traditional pacing comes back into effect as HHH does the chase. If Orton goes over everyone and Triple H included in the next few months it would at least help make him a certified main eventer if he has to lose to HHH at Mania 21. I still don't think HHH as a face is a good idea though.

The way things are going now, it seems like Orton is going to keep outwitting H all the way up to Unforgiven. The thing I hate about Orton now is that he's not the Orton of a few weeks ago. The egomaniacal promos were great, but now he's taking the role of the face against authority/ odds. He can't play that role anywhere nearly as well as Stone Cold could, and he doesn't have the credibility to have the title... yet.

They need to build up Orton NOW. He needs to go over H clean at the PPV, and he needs to go over Kane clean on Raw next week as well. He can't be getting lucky or winning matches by DQ when he easily beat Benoit two nights in a row with an RKO, hitting that as his only offensive move in their rematch on Raw.

I wonder if HHH will have any words for Batista or Flair next week for letting Orton cause Eugene to beat him.

Guest Big Daddy V1
I wonder if HHH will have any words for Batista or Flair next week for letting Orton cause Eugene to beat him.

It'll just be another ORTON!!! ORTON!!! ORTON!!! ORTON!!! like promo. I see HHH forgiving evolution.

HHH is basically like Shane Douglas at this point when it comes to being a face: it simply cannot be done. He's a lousy face and people don't like him as a face (yet cheer him as a heel) thus showing even further how totally out of whack the Raw booking is.

Orton supplanting his mentor as leader of Evolution is a good idea, provided HHH could actually play a face, which he can't. As it is now, I would just job Orton out at the next PPV and have Evolution regain confidence in HHH. Orton can then fully turn face and get the crowd behind him as he goes through Evolution en route to regaining the title.

Guest Trivia247
HHH is basically like Shane Douglas at this point when it comes to being a face: it simply cannot be done. He's a lousy face and people don't like him as a face (yet cheer him as a heel) thus showing even further how totally out of whack the Raw booking is.

Orton supplanting his mentor as leader of Evolution is a good idea, provided HHH could actually play a face, which he can't. As it is now, I would just job Orton out at the next PPV and have Evolution regain confidence in HHH. Orton can then fully turn face and get the crowd behind him as he goes through Evolution en route to regaining the title.

Maybe he'll try to give Batistia his boots and Justin Credible shows up and screws it up.

Guest GreatOne
HHH is basically like Shane Douglas.

Yeah, that's because he's a Franchise Wannabe.

But HHH actually LIKES Flair though.................

HHH is basically like Shane Douglas.

Yeah, that's because he's a Franchise Wannabe.

But HHH actually LIKES Flair though.................

Yeah, but he initially stole Shane Douglas' gimmick and by the way how long till the fans start chanting Orton sucks again?