TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Does Bischoff add anything to the show?

Exactly! He needs to be the money grubbing bastard who'd do anything for a good rating. No favorites...he's equally hated by everybody.

I think we saw a spark of that on Raw when he announced the Christian/Jericho Ladder match.

When Eric Bischoff first came to run Raw against Smackdown and Steph, there was sort of a weird thing going on: Steph was supposed to be the face and Eric the heel, but since Steph was so annoying, Bischoff actually got some face pops. See, I think his original character was, believe it or not, pretty complex by WWE standards: he was a heel, but he'd do what was best for making Raw better than SmackDown, so even though he was a smarmy asshole, he was committed to running a good show. Then they just watered him way down.

Does anyone else remember that aborted angle where Eric kissed Stephanie, and then they promptly dropped it, and never said a word about it ?

Don't you remember? He moved on to the older and more wrinkled Linda Mcmahon :lol:

Come to think of it what the hell did they do to Bischoff? Did Vince fantasize at one time that Bischoff would even steal the Mcmahon females from him during the monday night war?

Guest TankStoner
You mean you think Vince would allow himself to get his ass kicked by Eric Bischoff? This same Vince Mcmahon that for some odd reason went toe to toe with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin(the toughest s.o.b.), Hulk Hogan(the man who defeated immortal legends such as Andre the Giant), and Undertaker(who is still dominating). The same man who got his job back from Ric Flair on live television? I think that might have been asking too much of the boss don't you think? :D

Well, Bischoff does have a black belt ;)

Besides, would it be any worse than when Lita beat Spike Dudley in a match on Heat, and then later that week Spike challenged Rhyno for the Hardcore title and was well on his way to beating Rhyno before Edge and Christian interfered?

With that logic, Rhyno would be no match for Lita, so I could buy Vince being beat up by Bischoff :D

Forgive me Firkin..... Yeah, a black belt in meat peddling, SEEEE Y'AAAWWWLLL.

Well, The Bisch does serve a good purpose on RAW...

I mean, who else would give Kane a new face to demolish each week?

I'm sorry, but I love how repetitive Eric is when it comes to punishing faces... I mark for him saying "And you're gonna have to wrestle... KANE!"

I've always been a fan of Bischoff since the nWo days and I still like seeing him on TV. When he first came to Raw it was the Bischoff of old doing what he wanted to do and such but after a few months it was Bischoff fearing Heels and stick his nose in their asses. Ever since the whole Sheriff thing this is how Bischoff has been. Last week on Raw it was a little of Bischoff of old when he sided with Jericho.

Well, The Bisch does serve a good purpose on RAW...

I mean, who else would give Kane a new face to demolish each week?

I'm sorry, but I love how repetitive Eric is when it comes to punishing faces... I mark for him saying "And you're gonna have to wrestle... KANE!"

I think "...KAAAANE!" is my favorite new TSM running gag.

When the show is an utter trainwreck, his presence often gets amusing.

God only knows how the hell the guy managed to come to work each week working through Katie Vick, HLA, the gay marriage minister, hitting on Linda, Kane unmasked, and now Eugene.

Otherwise, when the wrestling actually commands the show and wrestlers who can cut their own promos are being pushed, he stays out of the way more.

Then they mentioned Slamboree 1998 and wasted it on an Eric/Vince match that ended in an SE finish. They were getting very WCWish there, as WCW isn't above letting people like Leno and Arquette main event, so they should have just gone full-out down the WCW path and put the guys in there with a couple wrestlers in a tag match.

HLA?

When the show is an utter trainwreck, his presence often gets amusing.

God only knows how the hell the guy managed to come to work each week working through Katie Vick, HLA, the gay marriage minister, hitting on Linda, Kane unmasked, and now Eugene.

Otherwise, when the wrestling actually commands the show and wrestlers who can cut their own promos are being pushed, he stays out of the way more.

Then they mentioned Slamboree 1998 and wasted it on an Eric/Vince match that ended in an SE finish. They were getting very WCWish there, as WCW isn't above letting people like Leno and Arquette main event, so they should have just gone full-out down the WCW path and put the guys in there with a couple wrestlers in a tag match.

HLA?

Hot Lesbian Action. You mean you were spared that ? Or did you, thankfully, forget ?

When Eric Bischoff first came to run Raw against Smackdown and Steph, there was sort of a weird thing going on: Steph was supposed to be the face and Eric the heel, but since Steph was so annoying, Bischoff actually got some face pops. See, I think his original character was, believe it or not, pretty complex by WWE standards: he was a heel, but he'd do what was best for making Raw better than SmackDown, so even though he was a smarmy asshole, he was committed to running a good show. Then they just watered him way down.

Does anyone else remember that aborted angle where Eric kissed Stephanie, and then they promptly dropped it, and never said a word about it ?

I remember that and given the rumors of what the kiss was going to lead to (Eric and Steph versus Vince) I'm glad they dropped that whole plotline...

I agree with most of you guys really.

At first, Bischoff was the perfect tweener; the guy you loved to hate, even if wasn't the bad guy. Now he's just another generic heel, who each week, kisses HHH's ass.

Personally, I think the character died with the whole Linda Mcmahon angle.

"HHH, after your amazing title win, I'm giving you the night off. Randy Orton, tonight...you wrestle KAAANE!"

I can almost see this happening. Or maybe and Evolution Gauntlett.

So...what do they do if Kane isn't there that night?

Guest Three minutes

I actually think something is going to happen soon with Bishoff's character. I think Vince is going to come out and either reprimand or fire Bishoff outright on Raw. I say that because his favortism toward HHH has gotten so bad that it wouldn't make sense for the "board of directors" or McMahon himself to step in and do something about it. I also totally agree with what you guys said about the Bishoff that first came to Raw, all he wanted was what is best for the show, if they don't have Vince fire him, then they need to bring the summer 2002 Bishoff back. Actually every GM or authority figure they have should be like 2002 Bishoff because they should all want what is best for the show, not what's best for the heels.

I actually think something is going to happen soon with Bishoff's character. I think Vince is going to come out and either reprimand or fire Bishoff outright on Raw. I say that because his favortism toward HHH has gotten so bad that it wouldn't make sense for the "board of directors" or McMahon himself to step in and do something about it. I also totally agree with what you guys said about the Bishoff that first came to Raw, all he wanted was what is best for the show, if they don't have Vince fire him, then they need to bring the summer 2002 Bishoff back. Actually every GM or authority figure they have should be like 2002 Bishoff because they should all want what is best for the show, not what's best for the heels.

But boss is evil! Boss push man around from 9 to 5! But on Raw man gets revenge! Buy all our playsets and toys!

I'm a big Bishoff mark anyway so hopefully they won't be firing him anytime soon. I think he's really annoying but in a good way. He definately adds to the show IMO