TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

TOAO Smackdown 9/9 thread

Well, since nobody else started one-

I just wanted to say thank god they gave Long his old music back- I've always had a spot for 'Back the Mack'

To bad they wasted it on the 'Last Ride' match.

Okayish show so far. Bradshaw made me chuckle a bit when he was on the mic. Too bad to see London lose his tag title, but hopefully it leads to a good push instead of floundering doing nothing like he probably would have been.

And what are the odds that when Bradshaw gives the Undertaker his "funeral" in two weeks, Taker pops out of a casket?

Guest Evolution

Here I was thinking there was no way Michael Cole could ever act somewhat aggressive.

Guess I was wrong.

Ha, if you hadn't seen RVD's match earlier it would look like he's been doing coke in the back.

Did you know RVD is unorthodox?

Which walking stereotype/future Cinemax actress will be AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL?!?!?

Damn that show to hell for likely inspiring the Diva Search.

Here I was thinking there was no way Michael Cole could ever act somewhat aggressive.

Guess I was wrong.

He can take Heyman like *THAT*.

Cole/Tazz vs. Heyman/Heidenreich at No Mercy! It's the match the fans are begging for!

:boxing:

-Teddy Long told Paul Heyman backstage that since he gave his man Heidenreich the night off, he is going to put him in a match. Heyman shook his head like he couldn't have possibly heard what he heard. He said he isn't a wrestler. Long told him he is going to face a TV announcer. Heyman said, "I'm not going to fight Tazz." Long said not him. Heyman said, "You want the ratings to go up because you want me to slap the head off of that metrosexual." Uh, Josh Matthews is a metrosexual. Michael Cole is a metrosexual wanna be. Cole then came up on hte monitor and said, "I can take you out just like that." He called him to the ring. Heyman said he was up for that. Long said, "It's not going to be Michael Cole!" Heyman rushed to the ring, screaming over Long in the process. Cole said, "He beter get on a treadmill for a couple of years before he takes me on." And I thought Tony Schiavone pretend to be a wrestler and cut a "bad ass heel promo" on TNA last year was difficult to stomach. Seeing Cole act like a tough guy is obnoxious. "Oh yeah, let go!" said Cole, taking off his watch. Then Funaki ran to the ring and beat up Heyman, pummelling him with punches. Heidenreich quickly entered the ring and gave Funaki a big boot and then his stomach-breaker finisher. Heidenreich then told a shaken Heyman to cover Funaki. Heyman did and counted his own three count. There was no referee, so it hardly counts as an official match. Heidenreich then put Funaki in a cobra clutch. Heyman meanwile went to ringside and slapped Cole. Cole went after Heyman, but when Heidenreich stepped in, Cole ran away like a squirrel from a dog, running up the stairs through the crowd and into the concourse. Heidenreich just watched from ringside. Fun angle, actually, establishing a Heyman-Cole Seinfeld-Newman type relationship while Heidenreich was further established as a tough guy. Wait until America sees Heidenreich try to do more than execute two or three power moves, though.

This is what Keller wrote about the whole Heyman/Cole/Untalented big guy segment.

Well, they need to fill time I guess, since the roster kinda sucks.

Let's see...

possible NM card:

Taker vs. JBL

Booker vs. Cena

Mr. Sir vs. Paul London

Angle vs. Eddy

Spike vs. Rey

Cole/Tazz vs. Mr. H/Paul H.

Tag title defense

I guess that'll do.

My, he's eaten his wheaties...

along with everything else, it seems. He looks even bigger than he did before.

Still, glad to see him back.

Yeah, he looks really big.

Well, that's one hell of a way to redebut TBS, heh.

Why wouldn't he be champion now? He just singlehandly destroyed the entire SD roster, aside from Bradshaw and The Undertaker.

Guest Evolution
Why wouldn't he be champion now? He just singlehandly destroyed the entire SD roster, aside from Bradshaw and The Undertaker.

You can make the argument that none of them were prepared for the return of the Big Show, and that perhaps with a little time to prepare and "scout out" (hey, the announcers use it all the time) TBS, he can be beaten.