TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pepsi

Eddie & Angle has an "altercation" backstage...

Even the ego-maniacal HHH has said Kurt could beat the entire roster in a real fight. He wouldn't even have to throw a punch. There's a lot more to fighting than throwing punches.

And like every fight it would end up on the ground, where Angle has every single advantage. Stop letting your smark love for Eddie and this latest hate for Angle blind you to the reality.

The hell out of here with that superior wrestler, pin him down crap.

It would be a FIGHT, not a grappling contest. Kicking, punching, biting, everything would be involved. Hitting in the nuts...anything. You do what you have to do to win a fight.

Well in theory that could all be involved, but when you have an Olympic gold medalist wrestler in the fight, it would never get a chance to be a factor because Angle would end the fight in a split-second. Don't kid yourself.

And like every fight it would end up on the ground, where Angle has every single advantage.

He speaks the truth people. Every fight winds up on the ground, and Angle would eat Eddie alive on the ground.

And according to Keller's latest audio update, the fight was pretty much down to both men still being amped up from being in character, and one of them not happy with something that happened. Eddie apparently got physical first, but it was quickly broken up.

Blah blah blah. You don't see punches throw in amatuer wrestling. What is Angle going to do? Pin him?

This fucking killed me.

I don't particularly care about Angle's backstage trickery. It's KURT ANGLE - if it means he is the focus of SD! and everything is centred around him then *good*.

UYI

Guest wildpegasus

I'm not saying who'd win in a fight but one thing to remember is an Eddie quote "THere's a difference between knowing how to grab a wrist and knowing how to grab a wrist and break it." Bas Rutten is an example of a fighter who did well for himself fighting people with better amateur experience than him. Frank Shamrock once beat (Help me out here RRR) the world amateur champion? in 17? seconds. Not the exact same scenarios but what I'm just trying to say is that nothing is a foregone conclusion.

Guest wildpegasus
A front face lock is not kicking someones ass.

You must have never been in a frontfacelock before. You can definitely kick someone's BUTT in a frontfacelock.

Guest Brian

Though I wouldn't give the advantage to Eddy, he was trained to shoot. A number of things can happen before the fight gets to the ground, and while on the ground.

People act like Eddie is some backstage offical or something. HE KNOWS HOW TO WRESTLE. And i'm pretty sure he knows how to fist fight as well. Eddie's quick as hell too, and has the wrestling training to escape from those deadly body to body takedowns that might kill him.

Guest wildpegasus
People act like Eddie is some backstage offical or something. HE KNOWS HOW TO WRESTLE. And i'm pretty sure he knows how to fist fight as well. Eddie's quick as hell too, and has the wrestling training to escape from those deadly body to body takedowns that might kill him.

Interesting fact -- Eddie said a lot of his first matches were like fistfights.

And i'm pretty sure Angle's never felt a fist pop him right in the face before.

Guest wildpegasus
Wouldn't kicking someone's BUTT require the act of one's foot meeting the buttocks of another?

Well, theoretically you can. Noble for example could kick someone's BUTT with his foot while he's got his opponent trapped in his finisher.

Guest Anglesault
People act like Eddie is some backstage offical or something. HE KNOWS HOW TO WRESTLE.

As well as Angle?

And i'm pretty sure he knows how to fist fight as well.

It probably wouldn't get that far.

He was probably high or drunk or something.

People act like Eddie is some backstage offical or something. HE KNOWS HOW TO WRESTLE.

As well as Angle?

How are you so sure? One blow to the face could end the damn thing. Of course, that's only if you know how to punch, and you have the strength. I'm guessing Eddie has more experiences fighting other people that can wrestle too than Kurt.

Guest BrokenWings
I'm guessing Eddie has more experiences fighting other people that can wrestle too than Kurt.

As well as Kurt?

Highly unlikely.

Guest Anglesault

As well as Angle?

How are you so sure? One blow to the face could end the damn thing.

Which, I assume Eddie tried to do when he "lunged" at Kurt.

And Angle caught him in a facelock.

I'm guessing Eddie has more experiences fighting other people that can wrestle too than Kurt.

Eddie has more experience fighting other people who can wrestle?

As well as Kurt?

Highly unlikely.

Probably not, but Kurt Angle isn't god and Eddie isn't Bill Gates here.

As well as Angle?

There's a difference between lunging and just swinging right out, and both of them probably held back and had a girly fight, like the ones you see in the NBA. Just like Y2J and Goldberg. It doesn't change that Eddie, IMO, can beat Angle in a fight.

Guest Anglesault

As well as Kurt?

Highly unlikely.

Probably not, but Kurt Angle isn't god

No, he's an Olympic Gold Medalist. If Eddie can outwrestle Kurt as easily as you claim he could, he should seriously consider China in 2008.

As well as Kurt?

Highly unlikely.

No, he's an Olympic Gold Medalist. If Eddie can outwrestle Kurt as easily as you claim he could, he should seriously consider China in 2008.

Yeah, that's what I said. Eddie can outwrestle Kurt. Thanks for reminding me.

I never said that.

Guest Anglesault

As well as Angle?

There's a difference between lunging and just swinging right out,

The hell?

When you lunge you are swinging out right. He wasn't flapping his wings at Angle. Lunging is rearing back and throwing a punch.

Uh, let's just remember that Kurt was at Olympic standard almost TEN YEARS AGO. He has said himself that if he even went anywhere near the Olympics these days, he'd have his sorry ass served to him in about 30 seconds. Kurt is a phenomial wrestler, but no way in hell is he as good as he used to be.

He'd still kill Eddie though.

Guest Anglesault

As well as Kurt?

Highly unlikely.

I never said that.

As well as Angle?

There's a difference between lunging and just swinging right out,

The hell?

When you lunge you are swinging out right. He wasn't flapping his wings at Angle. Lunging is rearing back and throwing a punch.

Lunging doesn't necessarily mean he's swinging. It just means he's thrusting foward. I don't think he tried punching him.

As well as Kurt?

Highly unlikely.

I never said that.

Again, where do I say that he'd out wrestle Kurt?