TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

SummerSlam DVD pulled off shelves

The Dudleys came out to their original theme (Spike's theme). It looks like they scrapped the Powerman 5000 theme.

Changing the subject, anybody happen to know when they'll release a flawless SS 2004 DVD? :huh:

damn, I bought mine a few days ago. Haven't checked it out yet.

Edit: Yeah mine does the same thing. Oh well, sell it on ebay for a few bucks, buy a new one when Unforgiven comes out.

Or you could take it back to where you bought it. If it's being pulled of shelves I'm sure retailers are aware of the problem and wouldn't have any problem refunding your money or exchanging the DVD once the fixed ones are out.

Guest MikeSC

Or keep it for a few years and sell it as a collectors item.

You know people will pay through the nose for a fucked up product.

-=Mike

This is what they get for hiring Senor Spielbergo to prodice these dvds

(simpsons fan apply only to that joke)

I guess this means my vhs copy recorded in sp live on digital cable ppv is a better version than the dvd

(imitates homer simpson runing around on the floor wohohoowooohohohohohohoo)

When I made my trip to the USA today, I asked Best Buy if they knew anything about the recall since there was still a copy sitting on the shelf. I was hoping it was because it was a corrected DVD that came out really fast, but the employee I asked thanked me for bringing the DVD to his attention so he could remove it from the shelf as it was not allowed to be there.

damn, I bought mine a few days ago. Haven't checked it out yet.

Edit: Yeah mine does the same thing. Oh well, sell it on ebay for a few bucks, buy a new one when Unforgiven comes out.

Or you could take it back to where you bought it. If it's being pulled of shelves I'm sure retailers are aware of the problem and wouldn't have any problem refunding your money or exchanging the DVD once the fixed ones are out.

Well that would be my ideal choice, but since I threw the reciept away, ebay is my next option.

But for the time being, look at it this way, you can add your own commentary during the last part of the match, it just sucks after the match.

Yeah so I took mine back to Wal-Mart, almost got into a fight with the fucking clerks at Customer Service, but proved them wrong about it just being one defective DVD after I went to the manager and asked to open up a new one and show her it was affecting all the DVDs. Then they pulled all of them off the shelves and I walked away with my $15 back in my wallet. :)

I did the same thing as Deon, but the lady at customer service wasn't a real bitch about it. I showed her the internet article and she called the manager. He thanked me for the information and gave my money back. :headbang:

Guest whipper
Yeah so I took mine back to Wal-Mart, almost got into a fight with the fucking clerks at Customer Service, but proved them wrong about it

Did you show toothless aggression? :lol:

I might have if I didn't get my $ back. They were giving me a hard time about it because they didn't believe me and also that stupid ass Federal Copyright Law. :angry:

Basically how it went:

Me: This DVD right here is defective, can I please have a refund?"

Clerk: I'm sorry, sir, we can't give you your money back. We can only you to exchange the DVD for another of the same title."

Me: But they're all defective, I read a report on it.

Clerk: Sir, you can get another one and just come back to us if its also defective. If it does it again for the third time, then you can have it exchanged for a different DVD title.

Basically, they just didn't want to give me back my money at all (And I have just about every WWE DVD and there was no way in Hell I was getting The Great American Trash) and it pissed me off her telling me this since that would have meant me getting another copy that I knew was going to fuck up, watch it happen at home again, and then drive all the way back, to tell her the same fucking thing again which meant X amount of time for both of us was being wasted instead of just go grabbing a new one, sticking it in a DVD player, and showing her. So yeah I knew I wasn't going to go anywhere with her through valid reasoning so I took it up with her manager and everything worked out.