TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Fantasy Football question

I was wondering what folks take is on this situation. I am in a fantasy league that starts 3 WR's. 2 of them are Torry Holt and Hines Ward, so those are fine, but I am wrestling with who to start as my 3rd WR. I have Peter Warrick and Muhsin Muhammed.

IMO, Warrick is the better of the two because of the age difference and whatnot, but Warrick, while he will probrably play, is listed as questionable because of a lingering preseason knee that is bothering him. Muhammed just got bumped up to #1 WR on the Panthers because of the injury to Steve Smith.

Who should I start? Warrick or Muhammed?

Peter Warrick played hurt last week and he did well. Or you can be a risk taker and get David Terrell or Cedric Wilson off the waivers since they are free agents almost everywhere.

Muhammed.

Until Warrick learns how to catch, he's not worth it. You can usually count on a deep ball at Mushin and with Warrick's knee, he's probably the better option.

Just a note: Muhammad isn't guaranteed the "#1 WR slot", as reports have Keary Colbert sliding into Steve Smith's position in the playbook. Does that mean Muhammad's numbers won't improve? No, he'll certainly get a couple more looks.

Does this mean he replicates Smith's numbers? No way.

Honestly, I think razateca's got a great suggestion - David Terrell and Cedrick Wilson are both probably better plays through the next few weeks than Muhammad and Warrick, so I'd look for them on the wire.

Guest El Satanico

Muhhamad will probably get alot of the looks until Delhomme gets comfortable with the rookie.

Miami's secondary is just a *wee* bit better than KC...

Note the sarcasm.

Start Muhammad without question.

Yeah, Keary Colbert may take Steve Smith's place on the field, but he definitely will not get the amount of throws Steve Smith would've gotten. I don't think Jake Delhomme and Keary Colbert have ever been on the field together in a game as all of Keary Colbert's touchdowns in the preseason came from Chris Weinke. Muhsin Muhammed will be the go-to-guy for Jake Delhomme, so I would say he is the better pick. And with Stephen Davis out the next couple of weeks, Carolina will probably rely more on passing until they can gain back confidence in Foster.