TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mountie

The Machine

Just today remembered a match from an epiosde of Nitro (or possibly Thunder) in fall/winter '99.

Diamond Dallas Page faced this guy known only as The Machine. It was practically a squash if I remember rightly, yet the guy was hyped during the show and, at near 7 foot (wrestling heights) was by no means your typical jobber.

A few people who saw the match at the time said it looked like Goldberg under a hood. Does anyone know who this guy was and what his purpose was in WCW?

Does anybody remember Emory Hales WCW Saturday Night exclusive push? For about 4-6 weeks in early 2000, he squashed a jobber in a minute or two every week. Jimmy Hart was his manager and everytime he came out "Hale Warning" flashed across the screen. Yet they never mentioned Hale on Nitro or Thunder.

Yeah...I thought his whole look as "the Machine" was pretty cool. I was pretty surprised that DDP totally squashed him and then he never showed up again.

Does anybody remember Emory Hales WCW Saturday Night exclusive push? For about 4-6 weeks in early 2000, he squashed a jobber in a minute or two every week. Jimmy Hart was his manager and everytime he came out "Hale Warning" flashed across the screen. Yet they never mentioned Hale on Nitro or Thunder.

I'm pretty sure that was when Jimmy Hart was booking Saturday Night. The idea was that Saturday Night was a mini organization in and of itself, separate from Nitro and Thunder. Hart wanted an old Memphis style feel, that is why there were pushes of monsters and a bunch of gimmicks (Barry Darsow as hole in one, Chuck Palumbo as a Tarzan ripoff, etc) It did not work as Saturday Night was turned into a recap show by the Spring, I believe at the request of Russo.

I too remember Emory Hale. A boy from my middle school was long obsessed with Goldberg. After we teased him by saying that Goldberg had no testicles from overusing steroids, he moved on to be obsessed with Emory Hale. "He's like Goldberg, but BETTER!" said the ugly, rotund boy. He would later get caught chugging cough syrup by his mom, and even more trouble when he attempted to sexually assault a little boy. Viva la Goldberg fans.

I too remember Emory Hale. A boy from my middle school was long obsessed with Goldberg. After we teased him by saying that Goldberg had no testicles from overusing steroids, he moved on to be obsessed with Emory Hale. "He's like Goldberg, but BETTER!" said the ugly, rotund boy. He would later get caught chugging cough syrup by his mom, and even more trouble when he attempted to sexually assault a little boy. Viva la Goldberg fans.

Goldberg and Hale - Great influences on the kiddies.