TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CronoT

The OAO "Thank GOD the Diva Search is over Thread"

Guest GreatOne

So I take it Flair ended up doing the 'turn on Rhodes/Sting/Luger/Michaels gullible face' thing he's been doing the last 20 years during a fauxface turn?

I have to say this was a fairly uninteresting Raw aside from one thing: Gene Snitsky. This guy is so hilariously horrible on the mic that it actually ADDS to his so called feud with Kane. "Okay, Kane and Lita, I'm sorry about your baby...but it's...not...my...fault!"

The sad thing in this whole angle is that Val Venis is now reduced to jobbing to a guy no one had ever heard of 3 weeks ago.

A word on Gene:

Ape. As in, he looks like one.

Fairly uninteresting Raw. I do find it funny that Christian is called Captain Charisma seeing as he's the cure for insomia when he's in the ring.

Seeing as Orton isn't on the list anymore of contenders, I'm guessing that Benoit will be the chosen one. Even if it isn't rigged, they'll make the focus on him until voting time comes. With Micheal's dicking around in the IC/mid card picture, and Edge doing the same when not injured, it has to be Benoit.

With Micheal's dicking around in the IC/mid card picture, and Edge doing the same when not injured, it has to be Benoit.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread:

Benoit still owes HHH a job. He has to get it back. Case closed.

Guest Anglesault

JR was REALLY hurting Orton tonight.

When the guy is getting really tepid reactions, it's best not to scream to the viewing audience that we're in his home state.

When the guy is getting really tepid reactions, it's best not to scream to the viewing audience that we're in his home state.

Sorry, but Orton got huge pops.

Did anybody see my signs? I had three:

2004 Ballot

_v_ Bischoff

___ Bush

___ Kerry

Y2J+4

(that was for JHawk)

and

PWN3D

I had a Hurricane sign I didn't use because he never did anything heelish.

(It read: "Hurricane, Go Back to Florida!")

Random comments and questions...

Did Christy's post-beatdown speech make it on TV?

Dammmmmmn, Molly looks fucking awesome in person.

Dark/Heat Matches were:

Muhammed Hussan vs. local jobber

Benoit vs. Rodney Mack

Conway w/Grenier vs. Maven

Stevie Richards vs. Chuck Palumbo

Kemper Arena was BARELY 1/2 full.

The Simon System promo got big laughs from the live crowd.

The reason for the "baby killer" chant was a promo that I beleive was done during the commerical break.

The three guys in the Eugene skit seemed to be legit marks pulled out by Regal during a commerical break, but the long-haired guy was probably a plant.

Did I mention how good Molly looked?

Biggest pops:

HBK

Flair

Orton

Benoit

George Bush (during the Foley/Bradshaw debate commercial)

Biggest heat:

-Gene the Baby Killer

-Carmella

-Triple H

-Christian

Seeing as Orton isn't on the list anymore of contenders, I'm guessing that Benoit will be the chosen one. Even if it isn't rigged, they'll make the focus on him until voting time comes. With Micheal's dicking around in the IC/mid card picture, and Edge doing the same when not injured, it has to be Benoit.

Or Shelton.

Hell...they've actually even built that up great. While yea..Benoit doesn't really have a match right now either, neither does Shelton. And Shelton is the one with the sort of 'feud' with HHH where he's beaten him time after time, and the last time (tonight) he was cheated, so he has reason enough to have another match. But...the exact same thing goes for Benoit so it could go either way...but IMO the most sense would probaly be Shelton...because it doesn't even seem a Benoit has even thought about Trips in recent weeks. (yea, I know its not his fault).

EDIt- "George Bush (during the Foley/Bradshaw debate commercial)" :lol:

Biggest heat:

-Gene the Baby Killer

-Carmella

-Triple H

-Christian

Ouch! A random chick got more negative reactions than the champ? Whatta burn!

He got a lot of noise, but some of it was face pops, so I didn't count it as heat.

Guest Anglesault

Then so did Angle last year and in 2001.

Roughly the same reaction, and I think it's fair to say that the company considered those runs bombs (as did most people).

Oh yes, it has to be Benoit even though he was in one backstage skit the whole show. And NO sign of the tag champions whatsoever...

Wait...the best part.... HHH and Evolution spend the night chasing Orton when they could have found and beaten up HBK AND Benoit AND Orton...because that would, ya know, make sense and stuff.

This storyline is just SCREAMING for HHH/Benjamin at TT so that HHH can finally get his win over him. If HHH puts Benjamin over during the match, then he is on his way to stardom as his pops are already pretty loud.

I mean ... look at the four guys...

HBK - busy with the X/J feud

Orton - busy with Flair (and now out of the running anyway)

Edge - injured or something

Benoit - lost in purgatory.

Benoit was given no screen time (hardly) tonight despite the fact that both Benjamin and Benoit have never lost to HHH. I mean, if HHH wants to be the true dick that he is, he can take out Benjamin at TT, Benoit at Survivor Series...and then have a VERY good storyline leading into the Rumble with:

Benoit, Benjamin, and Orton...along with guys like Edge, Jericho, and HBK looking like possible Rumble winners because all can have viable storylines with HHH, though the first three are the main ones and Orton is liable to be the one to get the ME Spot, but it still makes the uppercard look alot better than it was last year at this time.

Still, they could play off the history between HHH and Benoit, Benjamin, and Orton leading into the Rumble (Benoit's win last year, Orton coming close but showing more fire than ever, and Benjamin being a thorn in HHH's side even after losing to him at TT). It's a flawless set-up, and it seems gauranteed that SD will have almost NOTHING besides Angle vs. UT planned for WM, and those guys are too far above the Rumble to compete in it at this point, especially after looking at the last three winners.

I see your point Rando, but will the fans truly vote for Benjamin over Benoit? Benoit has been World Champ recently, and Benjamin has been injured. I don't see how fans would choose Benjamin over Benoit.

That being said, any of those two would be great for storyline purpose. Edge wouldn't make any sense, and HBK/HHH is played out.

Roughly the same reaction, and I think it's fair to say that the company considered those runs bombs (as did most people).

Huh? Dude, I was IN the Arena. I know what kind of reaction he was getting.

Everybody and his brother was buying a Randy Orton t-shirt, too.

Bomb or not...everyone's arguement about Orton, is that he's not over. (And by everyone I mean some >_>) And it's very clear that he in fact is.

Hell..I'll say I don't really like this Orton as a face character, I enjoyed him a hell of a lot more as a heel. But don't say he's getting a 'silent reaction' (which there's no such thing by the way...because if it was silent...it wouldn't be a reaction) when the crowds actually popping for him. Even if his title run wasn't that great.

Guest Anglesault

That's nice. On TV, it's not good for his spot at all. Arena reports had Angle getting the biggest pop of the show summer 03. That didn't translate at all. Perhaps the reactions aren't as tepid as they seem over TV. But they're not good.

Bomb or not...everyone's arguement about Orton, is that he's not over

He's over. Solid midcard face over. Nowhere near top face push over.

That's nice. On TV, it's not good for his spot at all. Arena reports had Angle getting the biggest pop of the show summer 03. That didn't translate at all. Perhaps the reactions aren't as tepid as they seem over TV. But they're not good.

Your whole argument was based on Orton not getting good pops in his home state, when he clearly was. Now you're arguing that crowd heat at the arena doesn't matter?

Do you even read your own posts? You're contradicting yourself.

Guest GreatOne

And yes, it is "just wrestling." That's not the point. The screw-job wasn't a work, it WAS real.

Oh please how is a guy being jobbed at the last minute (in a finish that hurt Shawn Michaels more than anybody else mind you) on his way to a job paying triple being 'screwed'? And if you're talking about Vince breaching his contract, hey it happens in the NFL every year, they're called 'salary cap casualties'. Are they screwing their players?

'It was REAL dammit!!!!'--Ric Flair, 9/14/98

He only refused to put ONE guy over in his entire career.

Let's not forget that wasn't the only time he bitched about putting Michaels over either. I don't care how bad he hated Michaels, if he could go down and become chum-chums with Hogan once he got down South (you know, the guy that fucked him over in '93?), he could at least do the fucking job for Michaels instead of holding onto his 'Canadian hero' bullshit and do some stupid-ass ending that looked like Jeff Hardy wrote it (forfeiting the belt) and rendering the whole Michaels-Hart buildup pointless.

Actually, Bret only brings up Montreal when WWE does

Damn, I've already used my 'Free tuition at EWU' joke...................

Please. Bret had Flair totally beat when it came to actual in-ring work.

Yep, all those 60-minute Bret classics just roll right off the tongue I tell ya.....................

EDIT: The quote-bug had to get me sometime...................

Keep in mind that Chris Benoit, Edge, and Shawn Michaels will likely have NO SCHEDULED MATCHES HEADED INTO TABOO TUESDAY. The idea is that Triple H "has no idea" going into the match who he's facing, I believe.

The same could be said for Jericho's potential challenges (Tomko? Christian? Edge? Michaels?)

Hence the need for building up people like Gene Snitsky and Ric Flair into high-profile matches.

I see your point Rando, but will the fans truly vote for Benjamin over Benoit? Benoit has been World Champ recently, and Benjamin has been injured. I don't see how fans would choose Benjamin over Benoit.

That being said, any of those two would be great for storyline purpose. Edge wouldn't make any sense, and HBK/HHH is played out.

Well, it could always be rigged. I'd just rather see Benoit/HHH headline SurSer instead of TT.

Guest CronoT

I think we can all agree that the first hour of RAW came out strong, but that the second hour turned into a giant X-Pac Heat Festival.

About 15-20 minutes into the second hour, I turned on KOTOR, and occasionally flipped to see if I was missing anything. From what I did see, I didn't miss much, except Carmella being on my TV, when she should have been on the street corner, practicing "The World's Oldest Profession."

Guest fanofcoils

Fact: Orton does not get a reaction other than teenage girls screaming when making an entrance.

Fact: When someone feuds with HHH, it doesn't matter who they are, when they interact with him they will get a reaction because the fans are rooting against HHH. Orton gets reactions here.

Guest Anglesault
Your whole argument was based on Orton not getting good pops in his home state, when he clearly was.

My argument was that JR shouldn't scream that we're in his home state when the reaction over TV is coming off terribly.

I assumed the bad reaction I heard was what was in the arena. You have proven otherwise and I acknowledge that.

I have to assume that arena reactions are much louder than TV reactions (which makes Rock or Austin at an arena scary) I have seen this whole "so and so got a great in house reaction" when over TV they get significantly less many times before.

Fact: Orton does not get a reaction other than teenage girls screaming when making an entrance.

Fiction.

That dude was getting pops from everyone in the arena tonight.

Not as loud as HBK's.

Not as prolonged as Flair's.

But he was definitely getting some crowd noise.

I have come to the point not to care WHY the reaction is there (other than X-pac heat), and as long as someone, man or woman, gives a shit about him...that's fine with me.

And frankly, I don't care whether or not Orton is getting cheered cause he's against Trips, I'd be more worried if he was getting dead silence against Trips. That's the WORST thing that can happen.

Some disjointed heat is better than none at all.

Guest fanofcoils

Fact, if it is reaction it is very tepid because from looking at the people in the audience, they are not excited at all during Orton's entrance.