TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
natey2k4

Your Favourite 3 WCW Matches.. (1993-2001)

The Cruiserweight Title match the day after Fall Brawl 1998 on Nitro where a freshly face-turned Kidman defeats Juventud to win his first CW Title is excellent. I recommend picking it up, because the match and crowd reactions LAUNCHED Kidman into superstardom...for a while.

I would have to go with the World War III battles from 97(?) with the NWO staying in the corner all night and demolishing anyone who challenged them. The next two years are good two with the NWO pulling a fast one on everybody with Hogan coming to help Hall at the end against DDP and the Giant. And the last one where Nash won was good two. All the Wolf Pack, Benoit/Malenko,Booker, Scott Hall and the Giant were in there at the end. WWIII matches were always fun because of everybody involved and the team efforts that are never seen at the Rumble. I wish WWE would do something like this once.

Being a battle royal mark, I love the WW3 matches. But my big complaint is in 1995/96 they used the triple split screen CONSTANTY until it came down to one ring . . . and even in 1996 they didn't ditch it until there were only 10 or so guys left. IIRC, in 1997 they used it off and on and it wasn't too bad and in 1998 they didn't use it at all . . . but I hated the 1998 version the most of all.

Guest BDC

My suggestion is Sting/DDP in late '98 in Louisville KY for the World title. It was during the "Raven stole the US belt" angle and it was a GREAT match.

My suggestion is Sting/DDP in late '98 in Louisville KY for the World title.  It was during the "Raven stole the US belt" angle and it was a GREAT match.

I'd also add in their World Title match on Nitro in April/May of '99, where Sting won the belt for about an hour. That match was pretty damn good, and really pissed all over the notion that Page couldn't work.

Guest BDC
My suggestion is Sting/DDP in late '98 in Louisville KY for the World title.  It was during the "Raven stole the US belt" angle and it was a GREAT match.

I'd also add in their World Title match on Nitro in April/May of '99, where Sting won the belt for about an hour. That match was pretty damn good, and really pissed all over the notion that Page couldn't work.

Page established that he could work in bouts with Benoit and the same bout above with Sting. The thing that bothered me is that they ended the match I'm referring to and the match you're referring to the same way. That makes sense when talking about a face Page the first time and then a heel Page the second, I think. Being a heel either makes you really smart or incredibly dumb.

Page established that he could work in bouts with Benoit and the same bout above with Sting. The thing that bothered me is that they ended the match I'm referring to and the match you're referring to the same way. That makes sense when talking about a face Page the first time and then a heel Page the second, I think. Being a heel either makes you really smart or incredibly dumb.

I know Page could work, which he showed with some really good matches over the years. I was just referring to the reason he got buried during the Invasion; that he 'didn't know how to work'. And I noticed the same finish for both matches as well. It was the first thing that came to mind when they did the finishing sequence in the second match. It seems a weird thing to do, but I guess Page felt nobody would remember the first match, or at least the manner it ended,

Guest M. Harry Smilac

DDP Vs. Sting-Nitro 99' -Yea it got shit on by sting losing at the end of the show but the match itself is incredible.I'll never forget the piledriver reverses.

Sting Vs. Flair-Nitro 98-99 -Not sure on year,I only remember Charles Robsinson was ref and the match itself beat RAW in the rating for the 20 minutes it lasted.Also had a great suprise finish with Sting pulling out the win when no one could against Flair when he had Robinson as ref.

Curt Henning Vs. The Giant 97?-Henning's nitro debut.Not so much a great match but I still remember my jaw hitting the floor when Henning hit the perfect plex on Giant.

Suprised to see the Hart/Benoit match get so much mention.Great for the purpose but the actual match itself could've been alot better.

DDP Vs. Sting-Nitro 99' -Yea it got shit on by sting losing at the end of the show but the match itself is incredible.I'll never forget the piledriver reverses.

Sting Vs. Flair-Nitro 98-99 -Not sure on year,I only remember Charles Robsinson was ref and the match itself beat RAW in the rating for the 20 minutes it lasted.Also had a great suprise finish with Sting pulling out the win when no one could against Flair when he had Robinson as ref.

Curt Henning Vs. The Giant 97?-Henning's nitro debut.Not so much a great match but I still remember my jaw hitting the floor when Henning hit the perfect plex on Giant.

Suprised to see the Hart/Benoit match get so much mention.Great for the purpose but the actual match itself could've been alot better.

i think the flair sting match in question is the one from like july of 99 when sting beat flair to win the presidency of wcw. the storyline suggested he was gonna give it to newly face eric bischoff but he got fired not soon after and the whole angle was dropped suddenlt with no more mention of the wcw president situation.

russo arrived in october 99 and the powers that be was born(later leading to new blood vs millionaires club)

Guest Lawlerm

The Jericho/E. Guerrero match from Fall Brawl '97 is really good. I think its on the new Eddie DVD as well.

Guest curry_man2002

From what i have seen and i havent seen many

DDP vs jj triple cage match (slamboree 2000)

Goldberg vs hogan (goldberg wins title) (Nitro 1998)

Ultimo Dragon vs Rey mysterio (ww3 1996)