TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CheesalaIsGood

The Torch posts Best Ever Mania card...

I chat with a guy online frequently who works on the indy scene and has friends in WWE, both on the writing staff and who are wrestlers. He has told me repeatedly that Rock would have been fine working with Cena this year *if* the plan hadn't been to move Cena to RAW. Rock refused to put Booker over for the same reason last year -- he didn't want to play setup guy to HHH. In fact, he only agreed to do the Hurricane program when they promised him HHH and Hurricane would not go anywhere near each other. They did, and Rock got back at the company by playing the "cool heel" in the feud with Goldberg at a time when they really needed Rock to be hated. Interesting stuff.

Rock saw the writing on the wall with Cena moving to RAW. He nixed the angle as a result. He's still bitter about spending months putting over Jericho, only for the push not to be followed up on later.

That's certainly intresting about Rock in early 2003, but I think he was bound to get laughed/cheered at whatever he did eventually, but I can see how he contributed to it.

My Wrestlemania Card (in no order at all):

Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle (Doesn't matter what time period for either)

Chris Jericho (1999, Heel) vs. Ricky Steamboat (1987, Face)

Hulk Hogan (1985-1987, Face) vs. Steve Austin (1998, Face)

Chris Benoit (2000) vs. Dynimate Kid (1980's...doesn't matter)

Shawn Michaels (1996, Face) vs. the Rock (Early 2003, Heel)

Dean Malenko (1998, Face) vs. Eddy Guerrero (1998, Heel) vs. Rey Mysterio (2002-2004, Face)

Bulldog (1992, Face) vs. Owen (1994-1997, Heel)

RVD (2001, Face) vs. Randy Savage (1987, Heel)

Mick Foley (Early 2000, Face) vs. Brock Lesnar (2002, Heel)...Street Fight.

Triple H (2000) vs. Killer Kowalski (Doesn't matter when)

Ric Flair (Heel) vs. Bruno Sammartino (Face, Doesn't matter when for either)

The Outsiders (1996, Heel) vs. LOD (Whenever, Face)

New Age Outlaws (1998, Face) vs. Edge and Christian (2000, Heel)

Undertaker (Late 2003, Face) vs. Vader (1993, Heel)

That's all I've got for now.

Personally, this is the sort of 'Ultimate WM Card' I'd like to see:

Steve Austin (WM13) vs Hulk Hogan (WM5) - for all the reasons previously stated in this thread, with the only difference being I'd have Austin go over.

HHH (WM16) vs Razor Ramon (WM10) - I don't know what it is but something tells me this could work, with cool heel HHH vs cool face Razor. I tend to think HHH works better against guys smaller than him, but I think these two could make it work.

Kurt Angle (WM17) vs Ken Shamrock (WM14) - a Submission Match between these two has had me curious since Kurt started using the ankle lock. There may be more high profile wrestlers to use against Kurt, but this is my personal preference.

Bret Hart (WM8/13) vs Randy Savage (WM5) – A PPV match between these 2 in their WWF primes would be a blinder, plain and simple. A match I always wanted to see after they squared off on different sides at the 89 Survivor Series.

Curt Hennig w/Bobby Heenan (WM7) vs Ricky Steamboat (WM3) - 2 superworkers, cocky heel Hennig vs likeable face Steamboat, given some time a great wrestling match should ensue.

The British Bulldogs (WM2) vs Chris Benoit/Dean Malenko - The Benoit/Malenko tandem didn't do anything of note in WWF/E, outside of some 6 man tags. Still, this would be a nice way to get Benoit and Dynamite in a match together, while including a couple of other guys who deserve a spot.

Eddie Guererro (WM20) vs Tito Santana (WM1-8) – just made this up for some Latino flavour. Tito gave his all for this company in the early WM years, and was always a handy stepping-stone to the top, and thus deserves a match on the card. Eddie deserves one as well, and this could be a great match with Tito employing the more grounded style he used against HBK at WM8, and Eddie quickening the pace.

Shawn Michaels (WM10) vs The Rock (WM17) – can’t leave these two out, so I’ll throw them together.

Andre the Giant (WM1/2/3) vs Big Show (WM16) – for historical purposes, but as stated prior a match between these two in their peak physical conditions would probably be a surprise.

Demolition (WM5) vs Owen Hart/Yokozuna (WM11) – All these guys gave decent service to the WWF, and would play out like the Demolition vs Andre/Haku match from WM6, only Owen is a better worker than Haku, and Yoko (at the time) was better than Andre (at the time).

Kane/Undertaker vs Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard – let’s see what the two workers can do with the Brothers of Destruction, before the inevitable ending where UT keeps his streak alive.

Other matches – Chris Jericho vs Rick Martel, Roddy Piper vs Ric Flair, Honky Tonk Man vs Marty Jannetty (don’t know why, just wanted HTM on the card), Ted DiBiase vs JBL (don’t know who’s the face here, maybe JBL).

Probably 15 at the max. Figure Wrestlemania 20 had 12, but fucking stuck so many people in those it seemed like 30 matches.

*head explodes*

On a dream card, which basically means every match is a dream match, you'd allow *15* of them? I'd barely allow 10, and would prefer 8. How much time would you give each of these matches? Do you think anything less than 10 minutes for each (and at some points, 20 minutes minimum) would do? Plus promos, maybe some hype vids, time to milk the crowd during the entrances (and the entrances themselves), the card would be a marathon to get through for the fans, especially considering their involvement in each match. I'm lookin at at least 6 hours. They'd be dead by the main draw.

Probably 15 at the max. Figure Wrestlemania 20 had 12, but fucking stuck so many people in those it seemed like 30 matches.

*head explodes*

On a dream card, which basically means every match is a dream match, you'd allow *15* of them? I'd barely allow 10, and would prefer 8. How much time would you give each of these matches? Do you think anything less than 10 minutes for each (and at some points, 20 minutes minimum) would do? Plus promos, maybe some hype vids, time to milk the crowd during the entrances (and the entrances themselves), the card would be a marathon to get through for the fans, especially considering their involvement in each match. I'm lookin at at least 6 hours. They'd be dead by the main draw.

You could always make a weekend of it and do it over 2 days - 3 hours Saturday, 3 hours Sunday.

Hartfan, you forget to total in entrances, celebrations, promos, video packages. And almost every dream match should go over 10 minutes, because who dreams of short matches? (13 minutes generally is considered the minimum length of great matches, I believe.) Don't see this as criticism, I just think in general people don't keep things like this in mind when booking. If you can't understand the whats and whys and hows of your booking, how can you understand someone elses?

AusPride, that's certainly an interesting idea to keep in mind (especially if working from an international dual show standpoint as was offered by Promoter). However, I think that would dilute the Wrestlemania brand by having 2 big cards.

As another option you could do 3 hours of show from say 1-4 in the afternoon, followed by a couple of hour break before resuming for the last 3 hours. This would enable people to leave and have a break while getting something to eat and stuff like that. Tickets could also be sold for either the whole day, or an either/or basis if you only want to see one of the shows. Obviously, the whole show's schedule would need to be known in advance for that to work.

It would be a long day, but no longer than a music festival. Again though, as RRR said, it may dilute WM as a whole by doing so.

Jesus, Keller had like 20 + matches on that list, and most of them f'n suck.

WrestleMania XX Dream Card: (Wouldn't know where to put the matches on the card. Most matches would be well over 20 minutes, my WM XX would be like 10-12 hours long!)

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin (WrestleMania 13 or 17) vs. Hulk Hogan (1980's)

Undoubtly, the greatest dream match.

Bret "the Hitman" Hart (WrestleMania X) vs. Kurt Angle (Royal Rumble '03)

Will always be a dream match to me.

Chris Benoit (Super J Cup 1994) vs. Dynamite Kid (before back injury, say 1982)

Wow. My favorite wrestler facing his favorite wrestler. Can't get much better than that.

Edge & Christian (WrestleMania X7) vs. Hardy Boys (No Mercy '99) vs. Rob Van Dam & Sabu (When they were facing the Eliminators in the ladder matches in ECW) vs. Dudley Boys (Royal Rumble 2000): TLC

This would be amazing to a fan like myself, I love highspots, and this match would allow them to show off what they are best at.

Triple H (2000) vs. Diamond Dallas Page (1998)

They are both good are brawling, and I always wanted to see this match.

Chris Jericho (WrestleMania XIX) vs. Shawn Michaels (Badd Blood '97)

In a LADDER~ match, of course. I think it would rule.

Eddy Guerrero (ECW or Halloween Havoc '97) vs. Dean Malenko (ECW)

Would be a great mat classic.

Cactus Jack (IWA '95) vs. Terry Funk (IWA '95): I QUIT, NO DQ, FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE BARBWIRED DEATH MATCH~

Sweet.

Rey Mysterio Jr. (Halloween Havoc '97) vs. Great Sasuke (1994 Super J Cup) vs. Ultimo Dragon (J Crown 1996) vs. TAKA Michinoku (IYH: Canadian Stampede): Elimination Style

Some top Junior action.

Owen Hart (SummerSlam '94) & Davey Boy Smith (SummerSlam '92) vs. William Regal (When he's pissed) & Lance Storm (WCW)

I would love to see this match.

Ric Flair ('89) vs. The Rock (2000)

Would be a great mis-match, would really test Flair. Would be entertaining though.

Brock Lesnar (End of 2002) vs. Vader (Young)

It would be interesting to see what Brock would do, or vice versa when one of them got stiffed a little too hard.

Steiner Brothers (1991) vs. Brain Busters (WWF)

I would enjoy this match, if I could get the Steiner's to sell Arn's and Tully's offense.

Jake "the Snake" Roberts (Before he was too doped up, but still could deliver an awesome promo) vs. Raven (First, or second ECW run)

Wouldn't be amazing in the ring, but would be very entertaining on the mic.

Randy Savage (WM III) vs. Ricky Steamboat (WM III)

A rematch of the greatest WWF match in the 80's.

The Giant (1995) vs. Andre the Giant (Young)

Would be VERY interesting to see.

John Bradshaw Layfield (present) & Orlando Jordan (present) vs. Ted Diabiase (late 80's) & Virgil (same as Ted)

I would like this, for some reason.

Curt Hennig (Early 90's WWF) vs. Rick Rude (Early 90's WCW)

Would be great in the ring, and on the mic. Tribute to two legends.

Brian Pillman (WCW 1992) vs. Paul London (RoH 2003)

Cool lightweight action.

Wow, I racked my brain for a while on this one. I would totally be in love with this card.

As another option you could do 3 hours of show from say 1-4 in the afternoon, followed by a couple of hour break before resuming for the last 3 hours. This would enable people to leave and have a break while getting something to eat and stuff like that. Tickets could also be sold for either the whole day, or an either/or basis if you only want to see one of the shows. Obviously, the whole show's schedule would need to be known in advance for that to work.

I'd think you're ticket idea could work, but I think if you split it up wise enough, people would just stick around all day to see both shows. You could do the first portion from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM, and the second portion from 9:00 PM to 12:00 Am. In the meantime, you could have a Pre-Game/Post-Game show at 8:00 PM...talking about what happened on the first half, and what's going to happen on the second half to the television audience (assuming we are on TV.)

Only problem is...people may boot after the first show and/or not go to the first one and just to the second one...but I think if you were able to split the cards up enough, it would work. Have the entertainment/spotfest/wrestling equal in amount on both shows, so that way you can't say "I just want to go watch the wrestling" as opposed "I want to see the entertainment." I'd hate to see empty seats during the second shows because people are pooped from the first one.

Examples...Bret/Angle main events the first portion....Hogan/Austin main events the last portion. Obviously, you're going to want to stick around and see both.

Lol.. Dont laught too hard. This is an old Card I made up of just about anyone (not just the WWE/Former WWE wrestlers) quite awhile ago. I havent even looked over it.. I just thought I would post if for fun. Anyway take a look at some of the matches, Ive always wanted to see (back then anyway).

*Heat = 1 Hour, Wrestlemania = 8 Hours

*Heat Start Time = 3pm EST

*Wrestlemania Start Time = 4pm EST

Heat

fuanki vs nunzio

winner: nunzio

kanyon vs glacier

winner: double 10-count, draw

mordecai vs kane

winner: kane

divas "sexy attire" over the top rope battle royal, final 4 go to Wrestlemania Card for Womens Title

torrie wilson vs stacy keibler vs dawn marie vs molly holly vs victoria vs miss jackie vs nidia vs trish stratus vs gail kim vs lita vs shaniqua vs kimberly page vs lollipop vs trinity vs goldylocks vs alexis laree.

winners: alexis laree, molly holly, victoria, and trish stratus.

Wrestlemania

Cruiserweight Championship Invitational #1

Billy Kidman & Rey Mysterio vs. Ultimo Dragon & Dragon Kid vs. Chavo Guerrero & Frankie Kazarian

WINNER: BILLY KIDMAN & REY MYSTERIO

Cruiserweight Championship Invitational #2

Paul London & Spanky vs. Jerry Lynn & Juventud Guerrera vs. Shane Helms & Shannon Moore.

WINNER: PAUL LONDON & SPANKY

Womens Championship Match

Molly Holly vs Victoria vs Trish Stratus vs Alexis Laree.

WINNER: ALEXIS LAREE

Intercontinental Championship Match

Teddy Hart vs Randy Orton vs Edge vs. Matt Hardy

WINNER: RANDY ORTON

Tag Team Championship Match

Michael Shane & Shawn Michaels vs James Storm & Chris Harris

WINNERS: MICHAEL SHANE & SHAWN MICHAELS

Dance Down(Acutal Singles Match, Winner Gets To Dance)

Alex Wright vs. Val Venis

WINNER: ALEX WRIGHT

Battle Of The Huge Noses (Sticking Their Noses Into Everything)

Triple H vs. Glen Gilberti

WINNER: TRIPLE H

Ultimate X-Match

Joey Matthews & Christian York & Akio vs. Chris Sabin & Jimmy Rave & Jason Cross

WINNERS: CHRIS SABIN, JIMMY RAVE & JASON CROSS

Comedy "Bucket Of Water Over Head Match" Match

Eugene vs. Doink the Clown vs. Shark Boy vs. Al Snow

WINNER: SHARK BOY

Country/Rap Music Match (loser has to sing the other style of music)

Jeff Jarrett vs. John Cena

WINNER: JEFF JARRETT

Son Father Hatred

Jimmy Snuka JR. & Shane McMahon vs Vince McMahon & Jimmy Snuka

WINNERS: JIMMY SNUKA JR. & SHANE MCMAHON

Bret Hart (vs) Kurt Angle

WINNER: BRET HART

WWE Championship

Eddie Guerrero (vs) AJ Styles

WINNER: AJ STYLES

The Future Match

Charlie Haas vs Shelton Benjamin

WINNER: CHARLIE HAAS

ECW Rules Match

Rob Van Dam & Sabu (vs) Nova & Chris Chetti

WINNERS: NOVA & CHRIS CHETTI

Mexico vs. Canada

Petey Williams, Johnny Devine, & Chance Beckett vs Latin Lover, Physchosis, & Heavy Metal

WINNERS: TEAM CANADA

USA vs. France

Rob Conway, Sylvan Grenier, & Rene Dupree vs. Christopher Daniels & Low Ki & Amazing Red

WINNERS: TEAM USA

US Title Match

Tajiri vs Rhyno

WINNER: TAJIRI

Xavier vs. Jeff Hardy

WINNER: XAVIER

Mark Jindrak & Sean O'Haire vs. Billy Gunn, and Bart Gunn vs. The Naturals

WINNERS: MARK JINDRAK & SEAN O'HAIRE

Minor League Battle

Bobby Rude vs. Brent Albright

WINNER: BOBBY RUDE

1-2-3 Kid & Spark Plug vs Marty Jannetty & Scotty 2 Hotty

WINNERS: MARTY JANNETTY & SCOTTY 2 HOTTY

Power vs Heart

Batista vs Steven Richards

WINNER: STEVEN RICHARDS

Battle Of Cockiness

Mike Sanders vs. Kid Kash

WINNER: MIKE SANDERS

Cruiserweight Championship Ladder Match

(Winners Of CW Invitational Matches #1 & #2)

Billy Kidman vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Paul London vs. Spanky

WINNER: PAUL LONDON

Casket Match

Raven vs The Undertaker

WINNER: RAVEN

American Dragon vs. John Walters

WINNER: AMERICAN DRAGON

Battle Of The Legends

Sting vs Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat

WINNER: RIC FLAIR

World Cup Finals

Team USA (Red, Daniels, & Ki) vs Team Canada (Williams, Devine & Chance Beckett)

WINNERS: TEAM CANADA

World Heavyweight Championship

Chris Benoit (vs) Christian (vs) Chris Jericho

WINNER: CHRIS BENOIT