TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CheesalaIsGood

The Torch posts Best Ever Mania card...

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_10192.shtml

Go there to read an old post by Keller about what he thought would be the ultimate Mania card.

edit: Or just read my paste here. :P

This Week with Wade Keller feature editorial

By Wade Keller, Torch editor

Original Headline: WrestleMania 20 Dream Card: All Wrestlers in Their Primes

Originally Published: October 3, 2003

Torch Newsletter #778

If WrestleMania XX were to somehow able to bring back any WWE wrestler of the WrestleMania years from their prime, what would be the ultimate dream card that could be created? I got to thinking about it when Kurt Angle and Bret Hart talked about wrestling each other at the big show next March. That match can't take place because Bret isn't physically able to wrestle due to the stroke he suffered. But it would be one of my dream matches were the two in their prime.

Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle: In fact, I'd say this would be my main event, maybe the match I'd most look forward to. I think if there is anyone who could have brought out the best in Bret in his prime, it would have been Kurt Angle in his prime, which despite his physical ailments happens to be right now. Bret Hart's top rival during his actual WWF career was someone he didn't particularly care for in real life, Shawn Michaels. They had some great matches, but Bret vs. Angle would have eclipsed their battles had Angle and Bret been contemporaries of each other. Angle's style plays more to Bret's strengths and would better hide Bret's weaknesses. Perhaps the two best all-around main event workers of the WrestleMania years, this would be a classic main event.

Hulk Hogan vs. Steve Austin: The two biggest draws of the past 20 years never wrestled at WrestleMania. Hogan was too busy wrestling Rock and Vince McMahon on his two recent WrestleMania appearances while Austin was doing his thing against Scott Hall and The Rock. It's a shame that these two never wrestled just because, like Hogan vs. Flair and like Austin vs. Rock, pro wrestling just doesn't seem complete without it having taken place. If it does take place in the future, it will be so far past both wrestlers' primes, it just won't have the same aura that it would have two or three years ago when Austin was peaking as a star and Hogan still meant something. Even though Hogan was never anything close to the athlete Austin was, if you put Hogan at his NWO heel peak in the ring against Austin at his best as the King of Monday Night Ratings, fans would have had a true mark mag dream match to store in their memory banks. Interesting in a different way would be taking the WrestleMania I version of Hogan at his physical peak (yet a time when he was just going through the motions in the ring) against Austin during his peak of the WWF Attitude era.

The Rock vs. Randy Savage: (w/Elizabeth): From a personality standpoint, this would have been a fun match to see. Savage was more of a cartoonish character than Rock, but both were colorful and cocky. Savage's finisher was the Top Rope Elbow and Rock's was The People's Elbow. Imagine Rock as the babyface talking trash about how Savage treated Elizabeth. In the ring, both at their peaks were probably similar in terms of working ability. Neither were considered the best all-around workers of their time, but they were very very close for some stretches. Both were smart in how they wrestled, and both shined best at the big shows, with Savage especially shining at WrestleMania III against Ricky Steamboat and Rock shining the most against Steve Austin three times.

Ricky Steamboat vs. Ric Flair: One of the greatest feuds of the '80s deserved to be part of the longest running supershow series pro wrestling has ever offered. Unlike the above examples, these two were contemporaries during their primes and did wrestle each other numerous times on PPV and national TV. But their matches were never part of WrestleMania, and it would be appropriate that they be given an opportunity try to outshine Bret vs. Angle as the best pure pro wrestling match on the show.

Mick Foley vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts: Part of the reason for me choosing this match-up would be for the prematch interviews. Roberts would have inspired Foley to cut some of his best promos ever, and I think Foley would have challenged Roberts to take his erie promos to the next level. In the ring, Roberts was never the respected athlete that Foley became with his incredible bumps and work ethic, but Roberts was greatly respected for his ring psychology and efficiency of what he accomplished in the ring. Roberts wouldn't be the opponent some fans would like to see Foley take on in a WrestleMania dream match because its doubtful Roberts would be interested in Foley taking any big bumps, but Roberts would have provided a disciplined match layout that would have taken advantage of Foley's true strength at his peak, which was getting a huge crowd pop from just a tilt of his head or a particularly well-timed facial response. That's what Roberts did best, too, and seeing these two pros go at it during their physical and character primes would be fascinating.

The Rockers vs. The British Bulldogs: I didn't forget about Shawn Michaels. I have saved him for a match against my favorite WWF Tag Team of all-time, The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid). This could be a show-stealer, too, as at their physical peak, would there two more dynamic workers from the WrestleMania years who could face off than Michaels and Dynamite? And Marty Jannetty and Smith wouldn't be a bad pair of wrestlers to join in the fun. This match-up deserved to take place at a WrestleMania as the showcase of perhaps the two best tag teams of the WrestleMania years.

Roddy Piper & Paul Orndorff vs. Scott Hall & Kevin Nash. The main event heel tag team from the first WrestleMania against the most famous duo from the Monday Night Wars, The Outsiders. This wouldn't be the best pure match on the show, but it's a good use of four names who were all major parts of various WrestleManias, two tag teams each featuring larger than life personalities and unmatched swaggers during their primes.

Big Show vs. Andre the Giant: This is a pretty obvious choice. If the Big Show from his sophomore year when he was still relatively slim and had remarkable agility for a huge wrestler were to take on Andre the Giant during the pre-WrestleMania peaks years in his '70s when he'd actually do flying crossbody blocks, it could have been better than many would assume. Of course, the attraction here would be for Andre to have finally met his physical match, something that John Studd and even Hulk Hogan never did.

Triple H vs. "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig: The 1998 Triple H vs. the 1988 Curt Hennig would have been a great match up of two similar-sized wrestlers, both with similar cocky, self-absorbed personas.

Rob Van Dam vs. Ultimate Warrior: I booked this for pure selfish comedy purposes. Can you imagine a worse mismatch for either wrestler. Warrior, a rudimentary basic worker without a lot of athleticism taking on an undisciplined yet spectacular high-flyer? Mr. Calm and Cool RVD vs. Mr. Hyper Ultimate Warrior? Can you imagine the look on Warrior's face as he tried to catch RVD doing a flip dive over the top rope into his arms? Come on, admit it, this would be a spectacle worth booking just to see the train wreck. Who knows, perhaps they'd even bring out sides of the other we've never seen before. Maybe Warrior would attempt his own Van Daminator. Perhaps RVD would mock Warrior by running the ropes back and forth just to work himself into a Warrior-like frenzy.

The Hardy Boys vs. Rick Martel & Tom Zenk vs. Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake vs. Edge & Christian: If there was going to be a three- or four-team match, it should involve the Hardys and Edge & Christian, who were part of the WWF era where three- and four-way matches became commonplace. Seeing them mix it up with two very different teams from a very different era, both of whom had very good matches and chemistry in their primes. Edge & Christian and The Hardys were during their early years what Martel & Zenk were originally marketed as, a sleek and athletic tag team that appeals to men and women alike. Valentine & Beefcake are a historically underrated tag team; Valentine was a great veteran tag team worker during his matches with The Hart Foundation and The British Bulldogs in the late '80s WWF.

Undertaker vs. Dusty Rhodes: A battle of two icons, the early heel dead man Undertaker taking on the rolly-polly charisma juggernaut of Dusty (the NWA headliner version who teamed with Dick Murdoch, not the polka-dotted WWF version who teamed with Sapphire).

Undercard: Brock Lesnar vs. Yokozuna (F5 that!)... Chris Jericho vs. Don Muraco... Rick Rude vs. Val Venis... LOD vs. Demolition... Raven vs. Superfly Snuka... Junkyard Dog vs. Ahmed Johnson (negative five stars)... The APA vs. Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff... Goldust vs. Adrian Adonis... Hacksaw Duggan vs. William Regal (facial expressions!)... Tito Santana vs. Booker T... The Dudleys vs. The Funks... George Steele vs. A-Train (back hair!)... Mr. T vs. Butterbean... New Age Outlaws vs. Islanders... Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero vs. Owen Hart...

I would have LOVED to see a Dudleys vs. Funks match. Lord Bless the chaos! I could live without Taker vs. Rhodes or RVD vs. The Warrior. Otherwise this is a really great list? Has anyone got one of their own? Hopefully there isn't already a thread like this.

:bonk: if there is.

Guest Loss

I think Wade Keller has been snorting dog manure.

Bret/Angle is the only match of the bunch that would be any good. Possibly Foley/Roberts, but then again, Jake has a rep for being a good worker at one point, despite no one being able to point to a ****+ Jake Roberts match. Benoit, Eddy and Owen would have all been better off in singles matches than a three-way, and HHH/Hennig would be no better than "good".

Jericho/Muraco, depending on which year Jericho we got and which year Muraco we got, might have been good.

If I could make changes, I would of split up the 3 way with Guerrero/Hart/Benoit, Bulldogs/Rockers, Rock/Savage, and RVD/Warrior Turn it into:

Chris Benoit vs. Dynimate Kid

Shawn Michaels vs. the Rock

Dean Malenko vs. Eddy Guerrero

Bulldog vs. Owen

RVD vs. Randy Savage

Warrior vs. Don't care.

Bret/Angle, Hogan/Austin, and Steamboat/Flair is what I agree with the most.

I think Wade Keller has been snorting dog manure.

Bret/Angle is the only match of the bunch that would be any good. Possibly Foley/Roberts, but then again, Jake has a rep for being a good worker at one point, despite no one being able to point to a ****+ Jake Roberts match. Benoit, Eddy and Owen would have all been better off in singles matches than a three-way, and HHH/Hennig would be no better than "good".

Jericho/Muraco, depending on which year Jericho we got and which year Muraco we got, might have been good.

I don't think I've heard people on the net say Jake was a great worker, just that he was a master of ring psychology. He wasn't a great athlete, but his matches seemed realistic because he could get in the head of the fans and make them believe he was trying to hurt Ricky Steamboat or whoever for real.

If I could make changes, I would of split up the 3 way with Guerrero/Hart/Benoit, Bulldogs/Rockers, Rock/Savage, and RVD/Warrior Turn it into:

Chris  Benoit vs. Dynimate Kid

Shawn Michaels vs.  the Rock

Dean Malenko vs. Eddy Guerrero

Bulldog vs. Owen

RVD vs. Randy Savage

Warrior vs. Don't care.

Bret/Angle, Hogan/Austin, and Steamboat/Flair is what I agree with the most.

Now this is a card worth watching instead of the one that idiot Keller thought out.

Guest Loss

It's possible to have a good match without being overly athletic. We've seen it done by the Hogans and Babas of the world many times. I've never seen a good Jake Roberts match. I think he was great as an interview, but had he truly been a master of ring psychology, he would have had some awesome matches.

Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle:

Bad choice as a main eventer. Hart and Angle weren't close to the draws that Hogan/Austin/Rock were, and would be eclipsed (and rightly so) by the match below. Match-wise, this doesn't turn me on. Hart could carry Angle to something great, but I think Angle would want to throw in so much nuttiness that it would bog down the match. It would be, basically, Hart trying the whole match to calm Angle down. Best case scenario: Bret WM 8 vs. Kurt WM 17. Worst Case Scenario: Bret WM 12 vs. Kurt WM 19.

Hulk Hogan vs. Steve Austin:

I'd have Hogan WM 5 vs. Austin WM 13. If anything, just for the spot where Hogan gives Austin the Big Boot - Austin catches it, gives Hogan the finger, spins him and stuns him. Austin pins Hogan, Hogan kicks out and Hulks up, drops the leg. Where you go from there is up to you. I'd personally have Hulk win.

The Rock vs. Randy Savage: (w/Elizabeth):

Savage WM 8 vs. Rock WM 17 may have something ring-wise to offer. But I never once thought "Rock, Savage... DREAM MATCH~!". Two different styles in the ring, in promos, in looks, in generations. I don't see where the connection ever could be made.

Ricky Steamboat vs. Ric Flair:

This is just silly. The Flair/Steamboat matches never did anything for me and why would something so NWA be decided at WM. Best pure wrestling match my ass. I think the best possible scenario here is combining this and Rock/Savage. Then you can combine the Steamboat/Savage with the Savage/Flair stuff, and Rock would be the outside party or the "wild card". It'd be a fun match to watch as you have varying degrees of characters who would all play off of each other. Steamboat WM 3, Savage WM 7, Flair WM 8, Rock WM 19 to be clear.

Mick Foley vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts:

I don't think it'd work on promos. They would cancel each other out. Stylistically, they're too similar. Where they stand/stood out was in how different their promos were at the time - both showed an intelligence that their opponents usually didn't. It just wouldn't work. Now, if they were on the same team, maybe a 6 or 8 man team, then there'd be something to talk about. They could do the traditional "pass the mic around" promo spot(s) and play off of each other. Foley/Roberts/Kane vs. Taker and some other folks, maybe. Play up the whole Taker WM thing. It'd be interesting.

I'll do the rest later.

Ah, I'm bored. Here is what I would do for Ultimate WrestleMania that would actually appeal to the masses and break records.

From 3 Different Locations and 3 Different Countries

Triple Threat Main Event

United States

Los Angeles Coliseum

WWF World Heavyweight Championship

Vince gets the record breaking crowd he promised fans in 1991

Main Event

Hulk Hogan (WM III popularity peak and WM 5 physical peak)

vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin (WM 15 popularity peak WM 13 physical peak)

This would make Rock/Hogan look like a Brooklyn Brawler vs. Red Rooster.

Book as RavishingRickRudo says and yes I would have Hogan go over.

The storyline and promotion of the match would simply be "Biggest Match of All-time".

Canada

Toronto SkyDome

Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship

Breaks the Canadian crowd record of Big Event in 1986 with over 75,000 fans

Kurt Angle(2002 version) vs. Bret "Hitman" Hart (WM 10 form/WM 13 popularity)

Bret Hart goes over in Canada

The storyline would be Bret's storyline in the summer of 1996 with Angle playing the role of Austin.

Great Britian

Wembley Stadium

Breaking the wwe record

World Tag Team Championship

The British Bulldogs (WM 2 form) vs. The Steiners (1989 form)

This would be some revolutionary tag team wrestling. Bring in people like Stu Hart and the coaches of the Steiners in a battle of US wrestling against Stu Hart trained English wrestlers. Personally, I would have Bulldogs go over.

Rest of the card

"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels (1996 WM 12 form/ 1998 edge*character)

vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat (WM 3 popularity peak and 1989 form)

Okay, let's have them re-do the Flair/Steamboat type storyline of 1989 in wwf pizzaz. The storyline can even be HBK trying to hit on Steamboat's wife.

I suppose the face would go over here.

The Rock (WM 16 popularity and form) vs. The Nature Boy Ric Flair (1989 form)

This is a dream match. I would run a simple storyline of Nature Boy attacking Rocky Johnson and The Rock wanting revenge. Again, I would have the face Rock go over although he would probably job. Send the fans home happy and keep the fans hype throughout the show.

Big Show vs. Andre The Giant

I agree with this match simply because of the larger than life aura it would add to this "Ultimate WrestleMania" for the average Joe. However, it would have to be with the restrictions Keller stated.

Ultimate Warrior (WM 6 popularity, but SummerSlam 1989 form)

vs.

Brock Lesnar (SummerSlam 2002 "popularity"/ No Way Out 2004 form)

I know this won't be popular here, but I think this match would have people's interest. Say what you will about Warrior, but the guy was SUPER over in 1989 and 1990. The storyline here would be Brock trying to run through the runaway train Ultimate Warrior in a battle of the titans.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage(1987 WM 3 form and popularity)

vs. Chris Benoit (WM XX popularity and WM 17 form)

The storyline would be Savage simply attacking Benoit because of hate. The KISS theory here.

Eddie Guerrero (WM XX popularity/character and WM 17 form)

vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts (WM 3 popularity and WM 8 character)

Simply "Trust Me" vs. "lie, cheat, and steal".

Simply the DDT vs. The Frogsplash

Survivor Series Elimination Chamber Match

Put all other top guys I missed with Undertaker coming out on top to keep his record.

I would keep it at 10 matches for the "perfect" 10.

Why would you have Hogan/Austin in LA?

::Edit, I know thats the most likely match to fill the LA Collesium, but I don't recall (and I may be wrong here) either guy being notably popular in this area. In other words, their popularity doesn't especially stand out.

Steiners Vs. Bulldogs? I'd book Rick & Scott in 1990-91 form, as they were better together then in 1989, when they first started.

Also, in WEMBLEY STADIUM? Awful decision, as the Steiners "big pops" from their exciting move style would be killed by the pro-British crowd.

Plus The Steiners should go over...they're the best tag team in the history of wrestling.

Book it !

No doubt something like Hogan/Austin would fill the Collesium and I understand the historical importance of it (having failed to do so at WM 7), I just don't see the personal connection with Hogan/Austin. And there could very well be one, I just like things to work on that level :)

I agree about booking the 1990-91 form Steiners. You got a point with the pro-British crowd maybe pulling a Toronto on The Steiners to kill the match. However, I got a solution! You have the 2000/2001 character of Big Poppa Pump and the Dog Faced Gremlin be the sympathetic brother who is abused by Scott. You pull off something like Bret/Bulldog at SummerSlam where the outsider still comes out as a full face. They pulled a similar trick with Warrior/Savage at the same event.

As for Hogan and LA, he was really over in the area with his Venice Beach background. Hogan headlined two Mania events in the area within 5 years. That is why Vince had good reason to feel Hogan would help smash the North American attendance record at the LA Coliseum. I think the big problem was that they did it a year too late. Hogan/Warrior could have possibly helped at least rival the WM 3 record. As for Austin, we all know LA's fascination with anti-heroes and men wearing black and silver.

You see, you just got to work with the talent and marketing creative team like back in the day. Damn, I think I would actually add Roddy Piper to the event. I suppose he would be put into the Elimination Chamber match and be in the final against Taker. Yeah, that's it. Piper of 1985 against Taker of 1998. That's a disrespect to the true heel pioneer of the event not including him above.

Okay.....

Undertaker(1998 WM 14) vs. Roddy Piper(WM 1 heel form) vs. Paul Orndorff (WM 1 1985 form)vs. Triple H(WM 2000) vs. Mankind(1998 hell in a cell form)

Guest Ray
I think if there is anyone who could have brought out the best in Bret in his prime, it would have been Kurt Angle in his prime, which despite his physical ailments happens to be right now. Bret Hart's top rival during his actual WWF career was someone he didn't particularly care for in real life, Shawn Michaels. They had some great matches, but Bret vs. Angle would have eclipsed their battles had Angle and Bret been contemporaries of each other. Angle's style plays more to Bret's strengths and would better hide Bret's weaknesses.

:lol: at the idea that Angle would "bring" the best out of BRET HART or that Bret would need Angle to hide his "weaknesses."

Have they got that COMPLETELY backwards or what?

I think if there is anyone who could have brought out the best in Bret in his prime, it would have been Kurt Angle in his prime, which despite his physical ailments happens to be right now. Bret Hart's top rival during his actual WWF career was someone he didn't particularly care for in real life, Shawn Michaels. They had some great matches, but Bret vs. Angle would have eclipsed their battles had Angle and Bret been contemporaries of each other. Angle's style plays more to Bret's strengths and would better hide Bret's weaknesses.

:lol: at the idea that Angle would "bring" the best out of BRET HART or that Bret would need Angle to hide his "weaknesses."

Have they got that COMPLETELY backwards or what?

I think it's been chronicled that Keller is not a big fan of Bret Hart, but loves Flair and HBK. I mean for him to say Bret's best matches were with HBK instead of Austin is retarded. With that said, I don't think Angle's prime even rivals HBK's or Austin ringwise. No need to even compare characters as there's no comparison. I do however believe Kurt Angle being included in the 1997 "angle" would have been something that could have made Angle into a star on the levels of Rock and Austin. I mean he just came out of the Olympics and the tide was turning on what pro wrestling fans in America wanted. If Angle came in seasoned or in the form he had in 2002 Angle could very well be the big star now that they desperately need. The wwe could then run Austin vs. Angle in an old school American values vs. new school American values. Angle of 2002 in 1997-1999 would have been something. I'm still waiting to see Angle/HBK while the two men can at least still go somewhat.

Guest Loss

Bret and Shawn wrestled each other hundreds of times in the 90s and the best match they two ever had was the match at Survivor Series '92, which topped out around ***1/2.

Bret had better matches with KEVIN NASH for crying out loud.

I'd say that Angle would provide an excellent, natural, foil to the turned Bret Hart of 1997. Bret Hart, the self-professed "moral" wrestler, and patriotic Canadian, vs. Angle, someone with true moral fibre (not the hypocrite that Hart is) and American Hero. Better than the Patriot, same music though :)

Angle is closer to HBK than Hart.  Angle uses "mat wrestling" the same way HBK used "high flying".  No real reason other than to show he can do it.  Both men used pacing and flow to manipulate the crowd rather than substantive storytelling.

True what you are saying. Do you think that would make a match between Angle and HBK come off as a disappointment. I mean we could get WM 12 complications with both men not really selling properly for the other. Interesting, as I think that is why I feel HBK or Angle against Flair would not be as good as some expect.

The Rockers vs. The British Bulldogs:

I think this is a rather silly match to make. Rockers vs. Hardyz would be more appropriate, stylistically. Maybe Rockers vs. Hardyz vs. Bulldogs in a TLC. That sounds pretty good, especially given that Dynamite was doing Ladder matches when the Hardyz were in grade school :)

Roddy Piper & Paul Orndorff vs. Scott Hall & Kevin Nash.

What? This seems like dart match making. *Throws a dart* PIPER and Orndorff! *Throws a dart* Hall and Nash! Maybe Piper hosts Pipers Pit with Hall and Nash and makes them look like putz's :)

Big Show vs. Andre the Giant: This is a pretty obvious choice.

Yes. Too obvious. This is Vince McMahon match making. "Well, they're both REAL BIG! So their match will be REEEEEEEEAL BIG! There has to be a better way to use Andre, and no way to use the big show. Maybe add Andre to the Foley/Roberts/Kane vs. Taker match. It'd be a sweet handicap match.

Triple H vs. "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig

Euck. Hennig in 1990 WM 7 (sadly, Curt didn't really excell at WM) vs. Chris Jericho WM 18 would be nifty. Both guys who really should have been more successful than they were. Hmm, maybe not. Jericho doesn't really have the offense that Hennig could bump to. Consider this a "maybe".

Rob Van Dam vs. Ultimate Warrior:

AHAHHA FUNNY!

Muh.

Warrior WM 6 vs. Cena WM XX intrigues me. On a promo level, it would be sublime. In the ring, if Cena does his selling performance ala vs. Benoit Smackdown December show, then this could actually surprise and be a good match. In terms of "hot properties", these two and this time would fit the bill.

Undercard: Brock Lesnar vs. Yokozuna (F5 that!)...

Brock is too good of a talent to be in there with Yokofuckingzuna. Lesnar WM XX (well, around that time...) vs. Owen WM X would be a supercool match, as Owen could be described as a blend between Benoit and Guerrero stylistically (closer to Guerrero, prob) and Lesnar had fabulous matches with them.

Rick Rude vs. Val Venis...

I'd like to see Rude WM 5 vs. HHH WM 14 (or 2000). It'd be a nice "out-cocky" battle.

LOD vs. Demolition...

God, could this be more predictable?

*snip the rest*

Undertaker and Dusty Rhodes would be beyond horrible.

You mean The American Dream vs. The American Badass would be an American nightmare?

How the hell did Dusty get on this list anyways. His WM claim to fame is winning a forgettable mixed tag match.

True what you are saying. Do you think that would make a match between Angle and HBK come off as a disappointment.

I think to people who look beyond emotional reaction (ie: storytelling, bodywork, psychology, realism...) the match would be a nightmare. However, to the majority of the public, it would be loved because both guys would go nuts in there. They both work the same kind of match - they both work highs and lows rather than telling an actual story. So there would be plenty of "oohs" and "ahs" going around, and depending on where you put it in the card, it would work out well.

Guest Mike Haseloff

RVD/Savage - Rock/Savage

Why isn't anyone talking about the obvious dream match here?

Good lord, why this never happened on Smackdown! I'll never know.

Oh yeah, let's have Hogan team up with a one-legged kid for a year.

That's a good way to take advantage of our legends!

No sir... instead of bringing Hogan back, you know what would've been the master stroke for Smackdown! a couple of years ago?

Macho Man Randy Savage versus John Cena

Thuagnomics in overdrive, yo!

RVD/Savage - Rock/Savage

Why isn't anyone talking about the obvious dream match here?

Good lord, why this never happened on Smackdown! I'll never know.

Oh yeah, let's have Hogan team up with a one-legged kid for a year.

That's a good way to take advantage of our legends!

No sir... instead of bringing Hogan back, you know what would've been the master stroke for Smackdown! a couple of years ago?

Macho Man Randy Savage versus John Cena

Thuagnomics in overdrive, yo!

Vince still has a vendetta deep down for the legends who almost put him out of the business during the war. It explains a lot of things that have been booked in the last few years. Savage is rumoured to be blackballed for a reason only Vince knows. Savage vs. Cena was on the mouths of a lot of people who wanted it for Mania XX. The big question is...would Savage ask for 5 million for the match and bring down 50 cent to shoot on Cena :lol:

Rock actually wanted a match with Savage, but Vince told him NO!

*Reportedly****by the respectable net writers ;)

Guest Loss

I chat with a guy online frequently who works on the indy scene and has friends in WWE, both on the writing staff and who are wrestlers. He has told me repeatedly that Rock would have been fine working with Cena this year *if* the plan hadn't been to move Cena to RAW. Rock refused to put Booker over for the same reason last year -- he didn't want to play setup guy to HHH. In fact, he only agreed to do the Hurricane program when they promised him HHH and Hurricane would not go anywhere near each other. They did, and Rock got back at the company by playing the "cool heel" in the feud with Goldberg at a time when they really needed Rock to be hated. Interesting stuff.

Rock saw the writing on the wall with Cena moving to RAW. He nixed the angle as a result. He's still bitter about spending months putting over Jericho, only for the push not to be followed up on later.

I have been bored in classes before and made my own all-time WM card before. These are the matches that I have come up with. These are all when the guys were in their prime for wrestling.

Ric Flair vs The Rock

Austin vs Hogan

Chris Benoit vs Ricky Steamboat

Curt Henning vs Chris Jericho

Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle

British Bulldogs vs Edge & Christian

Jake Roberts vs Raven "The promos would be awesome"

Ted Dibiase vs JBL (Shows Bradshaw how to protray a rich man"

Shawn Michales vs Ric Flair

LOD vs Dudley Boyz

Eddy Guerrero vs Owen Hart

Triple H vs Randy Savage