TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

Fox Sports Net.

Ok is FSN regional? Like the shows that they show on there show around her are nothing but Big XII and SEC games. Does everyone get the "Southwest Sports Report" and stuff like that? Or is it just regional? Because I always get that "Big XII Showcase" show. Up north do you get the "Big Ten Showcase"?

Fox Sports was regional. From what I remember, when they went "national" they were hoping to compete with ESPN because not only would they be a "national" network, but they would also be able to provide a more local touch to their viewers by having regional coverage, too.

Of course, you can see how well that all worked out...

I have Fox Sports south, which for some reason shows Orioles games. I had FSNY which showed all Mets games and another Fox Sports channel devoted to Pittsburgh sports when I was in Pensylvania.

Fox Sports Midwest here. As mentioned above, I think it was the smartest thing that they could do, as they didn't have the guns to compete with ESPN on a national level.

Ironically, that didn't stop them from influencing ESPN with their loud and "extreme" approach to sports reporting, which sent ESPN spiraling down The Great Decline that they're still currently in. The only reason I watch FSN at all is because of the regional baseball coverage.

Guest GreatOne

Fox Sports Northwest, your teams, Fox attitude! :D

Seriously they should end the charade and officially go back to its' regional moniker. I mean KREM hasn't officially changed their name to CBS or KXLY to ABC (though they often refer to themselves as ABC-4)........................

I get FSNW with all the Seattle games...and I,Max. (sobs)

Ya think it's bad...we have some of the Mets and some of the Islander games and I, Max on FSNY. :P But MSG is worse: they have the Mets and the Rangers.