TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zyn081

What went wrong with MLW and H20?

MLW isnt talked about much. Any reasons why? I think they had a good product with the Extreme Horsemen, Hart Foundation 2.0, War Games, Young Lions Challenge and Hybrid Wrestling.

Also, what happened with H20? Did they put on a show?

If by h2o you mean H2 wrestling, they closed a couple months back as well.

MLW is back open, but it remains to be seen when they actually start promoting again.

I meant H2 wrestling, sorry. I know that both of them closed down, but what do you think about that (you as in wrestling fans).

Good to see MLW re-opened, I thought that they were on to something last time :)

Court Bauer is a weird guy who pulled all sorts of weird shit with H2 and then bailed before the first show could ever happen. Bauer might be one of the worst promoters of all time, as he ran MLW into the ground twice before hyping H2 and never being able to put on one show.

Shame. MLW was interesting. Hybrid wrestling. The detailed website for internet fans. Interesting Angles. War Games. The Extreme Horseman. The Hard Foundation 2.0. War Games. A World title defended abroad. A good roster. War Games. The returning Gary Hart. A good tag division, ableit lacking in depth (with a wicked name: GTC Carnival Champions :lol: ). A good Jr Heavyweight division. The USA J Cup. War Games. Steve Corino. Douglas-Corino would have rocked! Plus they introduced the 6 sided ring to the US. Why cant anybody else do War Games right :angry:

Guest DeathBecomesYou
Why cant anybody else do War Games right :angry:

Try NWA Wildside's Freedom Fight 2003 War Games match, it shits on MLW's effort in every way possible.

It looks like MLW is going to be a syndicated show; I understand that MLW is owned by a Japanese company now.

Wasn't that Japanese company proven to be something that Court Bauer just made up, or am I just imagining things?

Guest Markingout
It looks like MLW is going to be a syndicated show; I understand that MLW is owned by a Japanese company now.

Wasn't that Japanese company proven to be something that Court Bauer just made up, or am I just imagining things?

You imagining things, WGO is real. They were looking for a booker for MLW, since they owned it. After H2 went down, Court said no two times to booking MLW again. I think he realizes his mind just isn't for the buisness. The man cannot balance his money.

H2 supposedly went under because Bauer refused to book for the reformed MLW, and WGO pulled out their financing.

And FYI, WGO is a Chinese company, not a Japanese one.

H2 supposedly went under because Bauer refused to book for the reformed MLW, and WGO pulled out their financing.

And FYI, WGO is a Chinese company, not a Japanese one.

Do they have a website? Does anyone know anything about them?

Can't tell you. They still hvae the MLW website but other than that I don't know. Google 'em if you're real curious.

Can't tell you. They still hvae the MLW website but other than that I don't know. Google 'em if you're real curious.

I just remember reading an article on the DOI page (I know, not the BEST source) where they did some research and said that WGO never existed, and was just something Court Bauer made up as an excuse to get out of H2. I mean, he did a LOT of weird stuff, from probably making up that whole thing about someone "sabotaging" the first show with phone calls to their venue, to releasing email transcripts with Gabe Sapolsky...would you really put this past him?

Why cant anybody else do War Games right  :angry:

Try NWA Wildside's Freedom Fight 2003 War Games match, it shits on MLW's effort in every way possible.

Who were in it? Did the heels win the coin toss?

I've never found word one about this "WGO Properties" company, either on my own or from any reputable wrestling information source.

Guest jlvideo

Last i heard of Court was he got a job from Vince in the WWE. i don't know what. I thought the product was getting something started at the end of their tv. I heard that Court's family is really rich. That's why he was doing what he was doing. I hope MLW does come back and gives more indy guys another place to wrok. Will it be in florida again.

Isn't Court Bauer the dude that was booking Velocity for a while, and getting rave reviews because he kept putting together matches like Regal-Benoit?

I believe I remember that as well. From what I've seen of MLW, the man has a great mind for the business of professional wrestling. It is money management that is his problem.

WGO is an Asian company based out of Hong Kong which handles a lot of musical acts in the Asian community.

That's almost word-for-word what the press release said, but I haven't found anything else to corroborate that.