TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Yankees/Twins ALDS Thread

But hey, "America asked for it - Yankees/Red Sox", as the wonderful people at Fox said roughly 100 times.

Of course they did. What the hell is the appeal in Twins/Angels?

Something different. But I know that sort of thing's taboo to some people.

Guest Anglesault
But hey, "America asked for it - Yankees/Red Sox", as the wonderful people at Fox said roughly 100 times.

Of course they did. What the hell is the appeal in Twins/Angels?

Something different. But I know that sort of thing's taboo to some people.

We saw it 2 years ago. Wasn't all that good then either.

So that means these two teams will never be able to have an entertaining series, simply because their one series in the spotlight wasn't great?

I apologize that not everyone is salivating at the mouth to see the next installment of bench-clearing adolescent theater.

Guest Anglesault
So that means these two teams will never be able to have an entertaining series, simply because their one series in the spotlight wasn't great?

It means its not something new.

Where'd I say it's something new? I just said it's something different. Yeah, it's been done, but it hasn't been done to death like the Yanks/Sox have. Don't get me wrong, the best teams deserved to move on, which the Yanks and Sox clearly were in their respective first round matchups. I just don't get too caught up in the same excitement others are in about this series.

Guest Anglesault
You're going to indict Angels/Twins on the claim of it not being "something new"? With Yankees/Red Sox on the horizon?

He said it would be something different. It happened two years aho (and sucked quite a bit, but that's not the point). It wasn't all that different.

Where'd I say it's something new? I just said it's something different. Yeah, it's been done, but it hasn't been done to death like the Yanks/Sox have

You act like it happens annually. Two years in a row isn't "done to death"

At least no one busted out "But I wanted to see Vlad/Santana on the big stage!"

Two years in a row isn't "done to death"

Though it is the third time in six years

I think only Atlanta-Houston is a more recurrent series in the last decade

Guest Anglesault
Two years in a row isn't "done to death"

Though it is the third time in six years

1999 wasn't on the same level though

Guest Anglesault
I'm not just talking about the postseason. Nearly 20 times every regular season isn't enough for you people?

Should they stop playing in the regular season?

I'm not just talking about the postseason. Nearly 20 times every regular season isn't enough for you people?

You wouldn't say that in the event of a Cardinals-Astros NLCS, would you?

Guest Anglesault
I'm not just talking about the postseason.  Nearly 20 times every regular season isn't enough for you people?

Well, he's a bitter Cubs fan, so probably.

wow another great game. I guess you can truly never give up on the yanks. I knew something was going to happen when they got the tying run up. Ruben was way overdue aftre missing out on two homers in the first game. However, against the sox, the yanks may be wise to dh lofton or even clark.

so another great comeback, somewhat soured by the fact that fox on the west coast cut away during posadas at bat in the 9th forcing me to run for the radio, yep cut away so we can get freaking pre-game hype for the dodgers. damnit i hate the dodgers even more now I hope they lose tomorrow. I mean at least put the game on fsn or something, even espn doesnt cut away from playoff games liek that,

luckily they cut back in with a split screen allowing me to see a-rod steal third and score the winning run, then came back for the last out.

once again fox blows

and can a tv network have worse camera angles? I mean espn is pretty bad when they show the view from the outfield causing you to not see hits, but fox was all over the place today.

hey at least the commentators werent buck and mcarver. lyons actually made great point today. ok maybe we can all stop making fun of him for pulling his pants down at first base years ago-at least until he makes a bad line again

thank god were leaving the godawful metrodome with its crazy turf and white/gray ceiling

anyone else more than a little shocked that this series was decided on a freakin wild pitch/passed ball (more likely that since borders apparatnly forgot his prescription glasses)?

anyways

YANKEES WIN THAAAAAAA YANKEES WIN

SO the sox want us? they think the'yre going to stomp us out? BRING IT ON!!!!!!

but seriously it should be a great series, but I do think we will win so dont worry anglesault (not that you would).

if we don't, well the curse will intensify causing the sox to be swept in the world series

I know the yanks are vulnerable in pitching, but in truth they were pretty darn good in this alds (save for vasquez who apparantly forgot how to throw the ball-and for gods sake BENCH HEREDIA) and boston's pen blew a 5 run lead the other day so you never know. boston will have had 4 days off-sure its good for curt schilling and his ankle injury, but it may cool down bostons hot bats. If we can somehow win game 1, I think we can beat pedro again and a 2-0 lead would probably be the way to beat bos (by winning on our home turf)or maybe overanalzing this is way too early. lets just celebrate a little

(plays NY,NY by sinatra and poses-I'll leave wrestling themes to dames-though right now I think we should blare time to play the game in tribute to the coming alcs)

Go yanks!!!!

This one's for you uncle pete

So, I guess ESPN's coverage is almost done for the postseason. It's a shame that I would actually look forward to ESPN's commentators and "insight" but dealing with McCarver/Buck for the Red Sox v. Yanks series is probably going to wear out my mute button.

I'm not just talking about the postseason.  Nearly 20 times every regular season isn't enough for you people?

Yeah I would. What made you think I want to see those two teams in the NLCS? I guess you missed 20-some posts in the other thread about how I despise Houston and don't want them to advance to the next round.