TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cerebus

The OaO Presidential Debate II Thread

ALL of the internet polls are jokes. All of these, just like the WWE.com bullshit.

If anyone takes them seriously, then I really feel sorry for them.

Terry McAulfee takes them seriously, but I don't pity him yet.

I'll wait until a bunch of pissed-off Dems tear him limb from limb on the morning of November 3.

Guest MikeSC
Once you get above 25 points, it makes no difference and seems hardly scientific.

The Fox poll doesn't equate 100% because they left options for stupid shit like "I didn't watch the debate (so why am I voting in this poll?)" and "None of the above" (who's left to win? The moderator?)

Hell, WHERE is the poll?

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
ALL of the internet polls are jokes. All of these, just like the WWE.com bullshit.

If anyone takes them seriously, then I really feel sorry for them.

Terry McAulfee takes them seriously, but I don't pity him yet.

I'll wait until a bunch of pissed-off Dems tear him limb from limb on the morning of November 3.

Nat'l Journal has a column stating that the first debate was viewed as a tie by all of the spinners at first, but a poll from ACT changed everything and Kerry's performance "improved" exponentially.

-=Mike

I dont know, I thought both guys made pretty strong responses and back and forth, almost a tie. however, my persona positions on many of these issues, maybe about 70 % of them, lie on Kerry's side, so because of that I give the extra point to Kerry. And frankly most everybody here are also putting their own personal takes on the issues into who "won" the debate even fi they pretend not to :rolleyes: But Bush came to play, he was much better than the bumbling performance in debate 1.

Here is how I feel after tonight...

I feel a lot better.

George W. Bush did a hell of a lot better than the last time. Kerry also did a pretty good job tonight, but wasn't near as good as he was in their last debate. I can see how someone could say the debate tonight was a tie, but since my opinions are so close to Bush's and I am really behind him, I say he won...in my opinion, since I agreed with more of what he said.

I still do not feel comfortable with John Kerry spending so much time on saying "I have a plan", without actually getting at least a bit more in depth with them. All of his "plans", and then saying his plans are just to do things better, just comes off as bullshit to me.

I'll also say this. Since these debates have started, John Kerry has really helped to she his image of being cold and not having a personality. I actually think he presents himself very nicely, and speaks well, but it's what he says (or lack of what he says) where I start to think less of him.

The debate tonight was very fun to watch, it was a great back and forth debate.

Guest MikeSC
foxnews.com, pal. Scroll down a bit, it's under a fair amount of advertising and links.

Care to provide a link? I am not seeing it on the front page.

-=Mike

FoxNews results so far.

Who won Friday night's presidential debate?

a. President Bush

(30%)

b. Senator Kerry

(70%)

c. I did not watch

(0%)

d. None of the above

(0%)

FoxNews results so far.

Who won Friday night's presidential debate?

a. President Bush   

(30%)

b. Senator Kerry   

(70%)

c. I did not watch   

(0%)

d. None of the above   

(0%)

And on many internet sites democrats have the nerve to CITE those numbers as coming from the news organizations themselves.

"MSNBC says Kerry 88, Bush 12!"

No morons, it's the result of an internet poll.

Fox guys are more or less calling it a tie, i'd say. Kristol was kinda in the middle, one of the guys said kerry won it, and the other... well i *think* he was saying Bush but he didnt flat out say it. i mighta missed one guy in there, but it was a pretty 'in the middle "analysis"

Guest MikeSC
I think it's interesting that these debate threads are more active than RAW/SD threads...on a wrestling message board. :D

I'm more over than Snitsky.

-=Mike

I think it's interesting that these debate threads are more active than RAW/SD threads...on a wrestling message board. :D

-=Mike

[OverusedTSMTrend]It's not his fault![/OverusedTSMTrend

Guest MikeSC

Care to provide a link? I am not seeing it on the front page.

-=Mike

debatepoll.jpg

Thanks.

BTW, 70-30 Kerry.

Yeah, the left isn't flooding. :rolleyes:

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

[OverusedTSMTrend]It's not his fault![/OverusedTSMTrend

[beatenLikeaMuleTSMTrend] Very sensible [/beatenLikeaMuleTSMTrend]

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
also wanted to add I think that the voters in town hall did a good job with the questions. Pretty direct.

Only one or two were bad --- but the rest were excellent. I FULLY agree with you.

Bill Maher is live on HBO right now with Michael Moore.

Well, there's a show I'll miss.

OK, I misspoke.

I'm not going to watch it. No way I'll actually MISS it.

-=Mike

BTW, 70-30 Kerry.

Yeah, the left isn't flooding. :rolleyes:

-=Mike

Yup, it shifted really fast. Although you know that if the left is flooding (and it is), they'd go after Fox.

Not like I care, these things are hardly scientific in the first place, so it's not like they're rigging the election. Anyone who knows what browser cache is also knows how to reset their cookies and keep voting, and Mozilla Firefox lets you deny cookies from an entire domain so you don't have to even clear them to keep voting.

Guest MikeSC

BTW, 70-30 Kerry.

Yeah, the left isn't flooding.  :rolleyes:

-=Mike

Yup, it shifted really fast. Although you know that if the left is flooding (and it is), they'd go after Fox.

Not like I care, these things are hardly scientific in the first place, so it's not like they're rigging the election. Anyone who knows what browser cache is also knows how to reset their cookies and keep voting, and Mozilla Firefox lets you deny cookies from an entire domain so you don't have to even clear them to keep voting.

Umm, I can pretty well guarantee you that every single internet poll has similar results.

-=Mike

also wanted to add I think that the voters in town hall did a good job with the questions. Pretty direct.

Only one or two were bad --- but the rest were excellent. I FULLY agree with you.

OK, I misspoke.

-=Mike

He's looking like an idiot, if that helps.

Guest MikeSC

OK, I misspoke.

-=Mike

He always looks like an idiot.

-=Mike

OK, I misspoke.

-=Mike

Maher, Moore, or both?