TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2004 Red River Shootout Thread

On an unrelated note, does anyone else think of the Walter Payton award wining RB from Ga. Southern everytime they hear the name Adrian Peterson? It just throws me for a loop.

I mean how unlikely is it that there would be two elite players at the same position within a couple years of each other like that?

By the way, this guy's fucking amazing. I can't believe the way he keeps running all over Texas. He's right underneath Kyle Orton on my Heisman list after this game.

Guest Flyboy
HOLY SHIT they dodged a bullet there. And if OU loses this game, Dama will erupt about that non-pick.

SHHHHHHHHHHH! It was a pick. ;)

I don't think Texas knows what the word OFFENSE means. They are making the OU defense look like champs cause their QB couldn't hit an open receiver even if his life depending on it.

Dropped passes doesn't help their cause very much, either.

Receivers are probably in shock the ball gets to them. Probably think it's a bee stinging them and not a football hitting their hands.

The real game is on ESPN, not this joke of a contest.

How long until Dama starts the "Peterson for Heisman" campaign?

He's already made the statue out of Cheese Wiz and printing t-shirts.

Peterson deserves Heisman consideration now but no freshman is going to win it. Cedric Benson's hopes went down the toilet today.

This is without a doubt the worst RRS I've ever seen

Funny though how people were expecting a blowout and instead they get a shutout

*holds the Hook 'em sign upside down*

I agree, Rex Grossman as a sophmore probably deserved the Heisman over Eric Crouch and he didn't win it. The Heisman voters love the seniors.

Anybody else from that Heisman group would have deserved it more than Eric Crouch.

OH HELL YEAH! FIRST TIME TEXAS HAS BEEN SHUT OUT IN 24 YEARS!

This game was a defensive battle up and down the field. Jason White looked lost and we would've lost this game if he hadn't hadn't had AD there to bail him out!

I won't start the AD for Heisman campaign until next season though.

I was worried until the half and then I realized that we had this game well in hand. Texas defense was good......better than before. They knew what they were doing even if they got a pick that well....shouldn't have been a pick.

But we still shut the bastards out and for the first time in 24 years!

Oh and A&M and OSU won't beat us. Know why? Because they're one dimensional running teams, just like Texas! And we proved today you can't run that damn football against us.

Next week KSU and REVENGE~!

Texas hasn't had a horrible offense until today. I mean Benson was 4th on the Heisman list until today. They know how to shut down the run game. They proved it. OSU and A&M run the ball......they won't be able to run it by us.

And yes White had a bad game. But that doesn't worry me b/c he's had about 16 other good ones.

Oh and so what if he's a product of the system? I don't care about him making it to the NFL. As long as him being a product of the system brings me a National Title then I could care less.