TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rob E Dangerously

RIP Christopher Reeve

according to Drudge (who will be recieving an asswhupping if this is wrong. If it's wrong, the mods are free to change the topic title to "Christopher Reeve not dead")

Nikki Finke in Los Angeles is reporting that actor Christopher Reeve is dead, according to sources close to the actor. He died suddenly Sunday. News of his death has not been reported publicly yet. His family will make an announcement Monday at the earliest. Reeve was just mentioned Friday in the second live presidential debate by John Kerry. Noting he was a friend of the paralysed Reeve, Kerry said he was in favor of further stem cell research because Reeve could walk again one day thanks to such science

Holy shit this just came out of nowhere. I mean, I know that he's bad off but dead? My mind can't even comprehend this one right now I'm so shocked.

Janet Leigh and Rodney Dangerfield were understandable, and I were ready for both of them, but this one is hard to swallow.

Guest Anglesault
I thought Janet Leigh was the first of the supposed three.

Yeah, Reeve or Caminiti would be the beginning of the second set of three. If you believe in that.

Edited by Anglesault

For the three dead thingy -

Actors - Leigh/Dangerfield/Reeve

Sports Related - Caminiti/2 People electrocuted at the home of Mariano Rivera

You might want to give your therapist a ring Downhome....

and stay out of the sports folder. :ph34r:

What in the world are you talking about?

You always seem to be greatly effected by the passing of others (certainly not a bad thing)...and there is already a folder for the death of Ken Caminiti in sports.

You always seem to be greatly effected by the passing of others (certainly not a bad thing)...and there is already a folder for the death of Ken Caminiti in sports.

I'm always shocked when it's a younger person passing away, or someone who I just don't think of as someone as being dead. People like Bossman, Caminiti, and Reeve always take me off guard. People like Rodney or Janet are sad, but I can't feel too bad about them passing, seeing how they are older.

I didn't even mention Caminiti in this thread. I didn't even realize that he had died when I posted earlier.

Guest Retro Rob

The three thing is nonsense in my mind because who actually keeps track of when a new set of three starts. People are always dying, hence how do we decide who should or shouldn't count. I don't remember anyone announcing the completion or beginning of a new set when Elmer Bernstein died about two months ago.

The three thing is nonsense in my mind because who actually keeps track of when a new set of three starts. People are always dying, hence how do we decide who should or shouldn't count. I don't remember anyone announcing the completion or beginning of a new set when Elmer Bernstein died about two months ago.

The sports related trilogy was fairly easy to keep track of...those are the two MLB headlines at cnnsi.com

I'm always shocked when it's a younger person passing away, or someone who I just don't think of as someone as being dead. People like Bossman, Caminiti, and Reeve always take me off guard. People like Rodney or Janet are sad, but I can't feel too bad about them passing, seeing how they are older.

I didn't even mention Caminiti in this thread. I didn't even realize that he had died when I posted earlier.

Its understandable.

I just find it odd that we can go periods without any major deaths in the news, but when one finally comes out it does seem like others join in. Then after a while it slows down, and we don't hear anything, and a little while later it seems that another bunch of people pass.

The three thing deal is understandable to me, seeing how that's how it seems to be.

Guest Anglesault
The three thing is nonsense in my mind because who actually keeps track of when a new set of three starts. People are always dying, hence how do we decide who should or shouldn't count.

When two people die one after another, that's usually the "coming in threes" cue

No one considers three people dying over the course of three months unusual or whatever, but when multiple celebrities start dying within a week of eachother, people take notice.

Isn't there some actual rule to this? Isn't it supposed to be someone you "expect", someone that catches you by surprise and something else?

Am I the only one not shocked? I'm glad the guy got the extra years he got and was able to continue doing what he loved.

I saw a clip of him on TV with the bald head earlier and it was quite sad to see him like that to be quite honest.

It's sad, but I am not shocked by this. Odds are his life has been very painful and I'm glad his pain has finally ended.

Condolences to his family and friends.

2GOLD, in a way we shouldn't be shocked, that's true. I guess I just never expected him to pass away this soon. Besides, even though the guy had been through so much, he always remained full of hope and promise. In every interview he never looked as if he wanted sympathy. Instead, he was always looking straight ahead, thinking of everything in a positive light.

1002_2180_1.jpg

Still, I'm glad his pain is over and his fight will live on.

If someday stem cell research is allowed the funding it deserves then I know the name I'll remember as leading one of the early battles.

Fuck man, Reeves will always be the best Superman IMO. 52, god damn, that's just so young to be going already. Like Downhome said, completely came out of nowhere.

What's also fucked up is there's a song from Our Lady Peace called "Superman's Dead". :(

death_of_superman.jpg

The Superman Movie Theme

RIP Reeve