TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw is Interactive Thread for 10.18.04

You guys don't know how SHOCKED and AMAZED I am that a big WWE match ended with a heel (sort of, in this case) getting a pin with a rollup using the tights and ropes for leverage!

They NEVER do that!

You guys don't know how SHOCKED and AMAZED I am that a big WWE match ended with a heel (sort of, in this case) getting a pin with a rollup using the tights and ropes for leverage!

They NEVER do that!

See? They don't need Patterson!

Guest Salacious Crumb

I started to vote and realized I didn't give a shit after 2 votes.

That system has to be a pain in the ass for dial-up users.

Guest wildpegasus

Isn't Michaels' knee supposed to be legit hurt? Maybe I missed something while watching the match but I never remember Edge or Benoit attacking the knee of Michaels in the first place. His leg seemed to be hurt out of nowhere. I noticed the kick on Ghrishm wasn't too high either.

And in case anyone doesn't know you can vote multiple times on the WWE's website by deleting your cookies and simply just voting again.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

HBK's ACL was strained a few month back...that's why he took a few weeks off, along with the birth of his second child.

Guest wildpegasus
HBK's ACL was strained a few month back...that's why he took a few weeks off, along with the birth of his second child.

They also took him out of a house show just rescently when they did an injury angle so Michaels could "have the night off".

Guest Black Lightning
Isn't Michaels' knee supposed to be legit hurt? Maybe I missed something while watching the match but I never remember Edge or Benoit attacking the knee of Michaels in the first place. His leg seemed to be hurt out of nowhere. I noticed the kick on Ghrishm wasn't too high either.

I think you're right, actually. When I was watching, I noticed his amazingly realistic selling, before realizing that they were going out of their way to ignore it. Plus, the way he was constantly shifting the position of his leg looked far too real to be a good sell job, especially considering his spotty selling in the past. If I were to make a guess, I'd think that the injury (if that's indeed what it was) happened on the top-rope sunset flip, since his legs had a really rough landing on that.

I don't even like him, but damn I felt really bad for him tonight. Knee injuries are excrutiating.

More importantly, though, what would happen if he's injured? Not to start any unfounded speculation, but how would they do the PPV without one of the central guys?

EDIT:

Shawn Michaels suffered a torn meniscus in the three-way match tonight in Chicago and needs surgery. It is not a definite at this point that he won't work tomorrow if he is voted in (and if he isn't, he theoretically should work the tag match), but at this point the odds are against him working.

Well, there you go. I knew it looked real.

Edited by Black Lightning

Guest wildpegasus

I think you're right, actually. When I was watching, I noticed his amazingly realistic selling, before realizing that they were going out of their way to ignore it. Plus, the way he was constantly shifting the position of his leg looked far too real to be a good sell job, especially considering his spotty selling in the past. If I were to make a guess, I'd think that the injury (if that's indeed what it was) happened on the top-rope sunset flip, since his legs had a really rough landing on that.

I don't even like him, but damn I felt really bad for him tonight. Knee injuries are excrutiating.

More importantly, though, what would happen if he's injured? Not to start any unfounded speculation, but how would they do the PPV without one of the central guys?

EDIT:

Shawn Michaels suffered a torn meniscus in the three-way match tonight in Chicago and needs surgery. It is not a definite at this point that he won't work tomorrow if he is voted in (and if he isn't, he theoretically should work the tag match), but at this point the odds are against him working.

Well, there you go. I knew it looked real.

It might've happened on the sunset flip but you'd notice besides a bodyslam attempt where Benoit just gingerly went over (remember wrestlers will put their arm on their opponent's knee when getting slammed) Michaels didn't do anything after the commercial break until the german/sunset flip spot. Of course that just could've been part of the triple threat but still it might not have been too. Maybe an aggravation during the commercial break plus some more problems after the body slam attempt and the sunset flip.