TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

And So it Begins

I am The King of the Minor "Who the Fuck Cares?" MLB News

*credit Rotoworld*

Atlanta traded UTIL Eli Marrero and $$ to Kansas City for RP Jorge Vasquez.

Kansas City traded C Benito Santiago and $$ to Pittsburgh for SP Leo Nunez.

Minnesota Twins re-signed RP Terry Mulholland to an MLC and invited him to spring training.

Toronto Blue Jays signed SP/MR Scott Downs to an MLC and invited him to spring training.

Chicago White Sox re-signed 2B Juan Uribe to a 3 year, $9.75 million contract with an option for 2008.

Milwaukee Brewers signed 3B Kevin Orie to a MLC

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
I'd be more disapointed if I were a Tigers fan. Granted they don't have money coming out the rear, but after being interested in the likes of Finley, Glaus, Beltre and others, and not even really being in the running for any of them, they look pretty stupid.

They do look stupid. they fucked up.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

No one has touched on the fact Johnson is going to the Yanks?

Credit Rotoworld...

Tampa Bay Devil Rays re-signed SP Rob Bell(8-8, 4.46 ERA) to a 1 year, $800,000 contract.

Tampa Bay Devil Rays signed C Tim Laker(.214/.262/.308 in 43 games) to an MLC and invited him to spring training. He's guarunteed $150,000 even if he doesn't make the ball club.

Guest Smues
Atlanta traded UTIL Eli Marrero and $$ to Kansas City for RP Jorge Vasquez.

Booooo we traded Eli? Well damn I thought he was going to be our left fielder.

Credit my usual source...

Chicago White Sox re-signed OF Timo Perez(.246/.285/.338 in 103 games) to a 1 year, $1 Million contract.

New York Mets claimed OF Ron Calloway(.167/.211/.226 in 43 games) from Washington off of waivers.

Colorado Rockies claimed SS Alfredo Amezaga(.161/.212/.247 in 73 games) from Anaheim off of waivers.

Cleveland Indians signed SP Denny Stark(11.42 ERA in 6 starts for Colorado) to an MLC.

Cleveland Indians signed MR Chad Zerbe(4.71 ERA in 33 games for San Francisco) to an MLC.

Cleveland Indians signed SS Jose Morban(.141/.187/.225 in 61 games for Baltimore) to an MLC.

Cincinnati Reds signed SP Jared Fernandez(3.99 ERA in 12 games and 6 starts for Houston in 2003) to an MLC.

Chicago White Sox claimed SP Bobby Jenks(8.76 ERA in 3 starts in AAA) from Anaheim to an MLC.

Sox get Clement.

Oh well.

He couldn't handle Chicago, theres no way he can handle Boston, right!?

That's funny. Looking at his stats, I could swear his career took a drastic improvement when he left Florida for Chicago.

I didn't look at his stats, but I've always heard he was very inconsistent in Chicago. I guess the wind could have a lot to do with it, but playing in Boston can't be any easier.

So, I guess this means Glendon Rusch is now in the starting rotation? I think he did a great job in '04, but his career numbers suggest that he's not trustworthy in having a lot of faith thrown his way. I don't need a major move, but the Cubs better fix some things soon. They've made more moves in the announcers booth than they have with the actual team.

I didn't look at his stats, but I've always heard he was very inconsistent in Chicago. I guess the wind could have a lot to do with it, but playing in Boston can't be any easier.

I think it will be. He's now in a considerably weaker division, not to mention the fans of Chicago have become much more venomous than Sox fans in recent years. With the Sox winning in '04, Cubs fans are going to be even worse than they were last season. Think about that.

Guest Failed Mascot

You have a prospect by the name of Angel Cruz who could be in your starting rotation by mid-season. If he stays healthy he's going to be damn good...throws harder than Kerry Wood with decent command.

Guest Failed Mascot
Of course, EA horrifically underrates minor leaguers and overrates marginal major leaguers (such as Doug Glanville).

E...A...Sports!

If they pay us enough, we'll give them game!

Credit Rotoworld...

Texas Rangers signed OF David Delluci(.242/.342/.441 in 107 games) to a 2 year, $1.80 Million contract.

St. Louis Cardinals re-signed MR Ray King(2.61 ERA in 86 games) to a 2 year contract with an option for 2007.

Florida Marlins signed MR Antonio Alfonseca(2.57 ERA in 79 games for Atlanta) to a 1 year, $300 K contract.

Florida Marlins signed MR Chad Bentz(5.86 ERA in 36 games for Montreal) to an MLC and invited him to spring training.

Florida Marlins signed C Mike Difelice(.120/.214/.200 in 17 games between Detroit and Cubs) to an MLC and invited him to spring training.

Florida Marlins signed SS Wilson Delgado(.292/.366/.385 in 42 games with the Mets) to an MLC and invited him to spring training.

San Francisco Giants re-signed MR Jason Christiansen(4.50 ERA in 60 games) to a 1 year contract.

Guest Failed Mascot

Wade Miller could be non-tendered. I hope Theo takes a flier on him. When healthy his stuff is filthy.

I wouldn't mind Theo signing Wade at all. Top 5 compared players are Orlando Hernandez, Jim Weaver, C.C. Sabathia, Roy Halladay, and Brad Penny which isn't a bad group to be in. He also made $3.40 Million last year so he likely wouldn't cost that much and could be a solid #5 starter for us after Schilling returns and Wakefield shifts to the bullpen.