TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

I JUST MET KURT ANGLE!

Kurt Angle came to St. Charles today, and I got to see him live and in person. He did a autograph signing at a Slackers in my town. After Waiting for an hour, me and a bunch of other people got to say hi, get an autograph, and shake hands with Kurt. I had brought my camera, but before I could get a picture of me with him, the battery died. And of course, the spare I always carry that was supposed to be fully charged was dead as well :( But I did get my cpy of his biography signed, shook his hand, and told him I loved his matches with Benoit and Gurrero, to which he replied, "So did I, man. So did I."

Man, it was cool.

Guest cpac

Did you ask him about his backstage politics? I find it pretty funny that a guy with a fucked up neck and constant health problems over the past year or so is trying to hold others down.

Guest Anglesault
I find it pretty funny that a guy with a fucked up neck and constant health problems over the past year or so is trying to hold others down.

I don't at all. He let himself become a doormat in the company, and to compensate has become an asshole. You could see it coming a mile away.

I find it pretty funny that a guy with a fucked up neck and constant health problems over the past year or so is trying to hold others down.

I don't at all. He let himself become a doormat in the company, and to compensate has become an asshole. You could see it coming a mile away.

Why does that have to be the natural outcome though? He doesn't HAVE to hold others down, he CHOOSES to.

Guest Anglesault

Why does that have to be the natural outcome though? He doesn't HAVE to hold others down, he CHOOSES to.

I don't deny that at all. I'm just saying you knew it would happen.

He let himself be a doormat, agreeing to do various pointless feuds and angles over the course of three or four years that did nothing to help him.

Now, he's an injured wreck, at the end of his career, and he sees that he's not where he hoped to be at the end of his career, so he's trying to rush job it up there.

He's not in the right at all, but you could see that the company was creatinh a monster by walking all over him.

Guest NoMercy

How did the company use Kurt like a doormat? I don't think he's had to put up with more than anybody else.

Hell I think the only thing Kurt has never won is the Royal Rumble. Great wrestlers have achieved much less than Kurt has, and now Kurt is making sure that rings true through his politics.

Guest Anglesault
How did the company use Kurt like a doormat?

It can be argued that for the period of time from February to November, he didn't do ONE program that was a) important, b) interesting and c) made him look good. And he was probably the most over heel on the show for the duration. The closest they came to all three was the Hogan feud, and that was over a hairpiece. His matches were among the best on the shows, he (as I said) was probably the most over heel, and they couldn't think up one worthwhile thing for him to do. That's just walking all him and his willingness to help (at the time. Obviously, his attitude has gone south since then.)

You should have asked him if WWE plans on putting him on Raw so he can have good matches again.

His last good one was WM 20, a better-than-average match. That was more because of Guerrero's tactics than Angle's "German Suplex, Anklelock for 20 minutes" fests he's done since being injured.

However, I'm not gonna bash Angle that much. The guy's put his body in the line so many times. It's WWE's fault for booking him against the likes of Big Show, and teaming him with the Hoss Foundation.

Guest Anglesault
You should have asked him if he plans on having a really good match anytime soon.

He should really just retire. The matches are nowhere near good enough to justify his boring-as-shit feuds anymore, and he's really not helping the company at this point.

Guest Anglesault
My God, we agree.

It's true. When Angle and Benoit had the long, prolonged feud over absolutely nothing in 2002 (You look back and tell me what the issue was) You could say "well, the matches rock" and justify it.

Now, he and Eddie are having a long prolonged feud over next to nothing (clearly Eddie never cared about Kurt costing him the belt) and the matches are good, but you know, not good enough.

You should have asked him if he plans on having a really good match anytime soon.

He should really just retire. The matches are nowhere near good enough to justify his boring-as-shit feuds anymore, and he's really not helping the company at this point.

Well, who's feuds are not boring as shit in the WWE right now?

I have to agree about the wwe screwing up Angle in 2002 and I might have to say in 2001 as well. Okay, do people think the wwe might be having the option of Bradshaw/Angle for a title match? Obviously one would have turn, but Angle has an open storyline where he is the one responsible for Bradshaw as champion. Add in all the Americana stuff that might go with it and I wouldn't pass the wwe doing this. If the plan is for Angle to be dominant heading into Mania against someone else who becomes dominant this might be it. As been said by the wwe Bradshaw has not lost since before Mania by pinfall(tag no less).

Guest Anglesault
I have to agree about the wwe screwing up Angle in 2002 and I might have to say in 2001 as well. Okay, do people think the wwe might be having the option of Bradshaw/Angle for a title match? Obviously one would have turn, but Angle has an open storyline where he is the one responsible for Bradshaw as champion. Add in all the Americana stuff that might go with it and I wouldn't pass the wwe doing this. If the plan is for Angle to be dominant heading into Mania against someone else who becomes dominant this might be it. As been said by the wwe Bradshaw has not lost since before Mania by pinfall(tag no less).

I see Angle winning the belt in a three-way or four-way, Or flat out pinning Booker. I don't think they'd do an Angle/JBL heel-heel, and neither is really turnable.

I know Bradshaw's kind of a stretch, but they COULD think about turning him face down the line. Remember for some odd reason he was somewhat over in the APA for his character. Yeah, I know...but could you see a battle between two Americans with conflicting attitudes? Who am I kidding they won't get that detailed B-)

Guest Anglesault
Yeah, I know...but could you see a battle between two Americans with conflicting attitudes?

Their attitudes are quite similar, though.

Edited by Anglesault

** Well, who's feuds are not boring as shit in the WWE right now? **

Raw Faces Vs. Evolution

Simon Dean Vs. the fans

Benoit Vs. Edge

Rey & RVD Vs. Dupree & Suzuki

Kidman Vs. London

Kidman Vs. Chavo

Raw faces vs. Evolution and Rey/RVD vs. Dupree and Suzuki = shit

Simon Dean vs. the fans was good for one week. I doubt it has staying power.

Benoit vs. Edge isn't boring. Same for Kidman's feuds. I'll give you those.

But I'd blame the booking for Kurt's lackluster feud that's gone on for way too long with Eddie not Kurt himself.

You really aren't enjoying faces Vs. Evolution?

Evo getting shit on by Bischoff. The faces helping each other, finally. Using "heel" tactics to overpower Evolution. HHH being booked even when he "isn't in the building". Multiple finishers hit on Trips, Flair, and Big Dave?

The Smackdown! tag title scene is at least comedic and produces decent enough tag matches and good singles bouts. For Smackdown!, at least.

Guest Anglesault
But I'd blame the booking for Kurt's lackluster feud that's gone on for way too long with Eddie not Kurt himself.

Of course it's the booking, but I'm also lessed than pleased with what Kurt and Eddie got out of the material they were given. For instance, yes, the bookers decided to downplay any actual issue between the two in favor of comedy, but damn, was it hideously unfunny on TV. Some of the blame has to go to the guys doing the sketches.

Guest NoMercy

Kurt having boring angles to work with in 2002 is barely the WWE treating him like a doormat. So many talented workers have been treated much MUCH worse.

Guest Anglesault
Kurt having boring angles to work with in 2002 is barely the WWE treating him like a doormat.

They weren't just boring. They were insanely poorly written and thought up and rarely did a positive thing for anyone, and never for Kurt.

So many talented workers have been treated much MUCH worse

While being the most over guy on the show and putting on some of the best matches?

While being the most over guy on the show and putting on some of the best matches?

Chris Jericho can make a case. Eddie, sorta, too.

I think 2001 was worse for Kurt than 2002.

2002 was just stupid angles. In 2001 he went heel and face like the Big Show.

Kurt starts as the stupid heel at the beginning of the year, fighting Benoit in a match at WM17 that everybody loves, then the Invasion and Kurt becomes a face by default even though he's still acting like a moron in the cowboy hat and singing skits. Then he winds up to be one of the first guys to go to WCW without ever having any past in the Turner WCW and goes into a serious heel mode. Then the terrorist attacks happen and he turns face again and gets a half-assed championship before being turned heel in time for WrestleMania 18.

How about Benoit during his title reign? He was treated like shit.

I agree with you though, Anglesault. He was treated like a joke. He should have had a more central role, but creative blew it.

I think 2001 was worse for Kurt than 2002.

2002 was just stupid angles. In 2001 he went heel and face like the Big Show.

Kurt starts as the stupid heel at the beginning of the year, fighting Benoit in a match at WM17 that everybody loves, then the Invasion and Kurt becomes a face by default even though he's still acting like a moron in the cowboy hat and singing skits. Then he winds up to be one of the first guys to go to WCW without ever having any past in the Turner WCW and goes into a serious heel mode. Then the terrorist attacks happen and he turns face again and gets a half-assed championship before being turned heel in time for WrestleMania 18.

Actually, he didn't join the Alliance untill like a month before the angle died. He was a dumb heel at the start, and after 9/11 he became a face. A month before SurSer he "turned heel" and went to The Alliance, and after SurSer Vince said Angle was a spy for the WWE.