TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

CNN Live projections

Guest MikeSC
Clinton had the majority vote AGAINST him both times. Can't say the same about Bush.

The country is far more unified than you or the press state. You just don't like it because it's unified AGAINST you.

2004countymap2.gif

This is the county-by-county breakdown. Hardly divided.

-=Mike

So? Bush had a popularity spike the likes nobody had ever seen and has been trying to keep the nation rallied for war during all but eight months of his Presidency. Clinton had none of those bonuses.

Fourty-eight.

Fifty-one.

That is the dividing line.

And Clinton had 43 and 49. You're acting as if the country SUDDENLY became divided. Clinton divided it (remember the whole "Talk radio caused the OKC bombing" thing?) and it's remained as such.

Clinton had an economy in full recovery and a press willing to actually report it.

-=Mike

Guest thebigjig

Here's an interesting thing to ponder...

More people voted for Bush than any other person in election history. Second place goes to Kerry, meaning that while more people voted for Bush than any other president, more people voted against him than any other person in election history. Isn't that a kick in the crotch?

Guest MikeSC
Here's an interesting thing to ponder...

More people voted for Bush than any other person in election history. Second place goes to Kerry, meaning that while more people voted for Bush than any other president, more people voted against him than any other person in election history. Isn't that a kick in the crotch?

Nah. But it DOES bury the notion that Clinton was beloved. Reagan in 84 outpolled him. Kerry --- as bad a candidate as exists --- outpolled him.

-=Mike

One year later.

I have some very fond memories of election 2004 that I'd like to talk about.

I remember thinking Bush was done and Kerry would be crowned the new President of the United States, so that day, I bought Spaceballs on DVD and was going to watch it that for comedy relief that night. I then went to get my schedule for work, and bought some Nyquill for that night. I actually stayed up and watched the election until about eleven when they called PA for Kerry, so I said "fuck this" and guzzled some Nyquill down and went to bed. I wake up at about two-thirty in the morning and to my surprise, many of the news channels had just called Ohio for Bush. Of course, I knew there was a bit to go, so I after getting on the computer for about thirty minute, I went back to bed and woke up at about six or seven and got ready for work, and it was pretty much confirmed Bush had won four more years in office.

It was a sight to see so many pissed off people on all of the forums that I visit and in real life where I work.

Goodtimes.

You know what the best thing about elections is?

How people automatically beleive every ridicules charge leveled against the candidate they oppose.

Thank you, Michael Moore.

Thank you, Swift Boat Vets.

We ALMOST had an election about actual issues last year, but you both had to go and fuck it up.

I wonder what kind of conflict those Swift Boat guys had in their personal lives. It's gotta be difficult to go out there and rip apart a former fellow soldier, especially since they were full of shit.

Anyone think that F 9/11 ended up having any kind of influence, intended or not?

I wonder what kind of conflict those Swift Boat guys had in their personal lives. It's gotta be difficult to go out there and rip apart a former fellow soldier, especially since they were full of shit.

Anyone think that F 9/11 ended up having any kind of influence, intended or not?

Not really no. I don't think anyone really considers Michael Moore as seriously as they did. If it did anything, it really gave people in the middle and some democrats a reason to start agreeing he should have just shut up.

Course, Oliver Stone's 9/11 movie is going to make F 9/11 look like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. That film is gonna be WAY out there.

In the aftermath of the World Trade Center disaster, hope is still alive. Refusing to bow down to terrorism, rescuers and family of the victims press forward. Their mission of rescue and recovery is driven by the faith that under each piece of rubble, a co-worker, a friend a family member may be found. This is the true story of John McLoughlin and William J. Jimeno, the last two survivors extracted from Ground Zero and the rescuers who never gave up. It's a story of the true heroes of that fateful time in the history of the United States when buildings would fall and heroes would rise, literally from the ashes to inspire the entire human race.

And they picked Oliver STONE for this???

A Nic Cage movie with Stone directing??

I've stepped into bizzaro world.

I think both incidents had the same impact. The Swift Boats gave people a reason to not just vote against Kerry, but to hate him. Likewise with F9/11 and Bush. People who swallowed this crap were already inclined not to vote for the person being attack, but both the SBVFT and F9/11 stirred up such venomous hatred of the candidates that any kind of post-election consensus became a pipe-dream.

Here's some articles for anyone still clinging to the biggest lies of 2004 as fact:

http://factcheck.org/article231.html

http://www.factcheck.org/article294.html