TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO Victory Road Thread

Guest BrokenWings

Trinity bagging other women, as she said no one showed up to face her.

Oh, good. Jacqueline of WWE recognition comes through the crowd. ;)

Guest BrokenWings

Trinity wins due to interference from Gilberti/Swinger. At least that was quick and painless.

XXX promo, Daniels and Skipper are over confident.

Monster's Ball up next. It's so obvious that the voice is that of Jim Mitchell is sad. They don't even attempt to hide the fact.

Guest Donners

Jacqueline's okay for a female wrestler, I suppose. Don't really care either way about seeing her.

Guest BrokenWings

Heh, apparently one of the stipulations of the Monster's Ball match is that they've been locked in a dark room without food or water for the last 24 hours, hence the night vision promos. So as they come down the ramp, each is selling the bright lights of the entrance.

I thought it was a neat little addition.

Guest BrokenWings

Lots of brawling to start, nothing too special.

Raven pulled the ref in front to avoid the Pounce~!

Monty running powerslams Abyss, pretty impressive.

Goes for the Pounce~! on Abyss, Raven stops that attempt, Black Hole Slam on Monty, but the ref is still out, so Abyss goes to get the thumbtacks from under the ring.

Abyss sets Monty up on the top, lays out the thumbtacks in front of Monty, slugfest in the corner, Abyss going for a superplex on the tacks, Monty slugs out, Raven sneaks up behind Abyss and powerbombs him on the tacks as the crowd pops huge.

Still no ref, one comes out from the back but Abyss kicks out.

EDIT

Abyss is covered in tacks.

Raven grabs a table, sets it in the corner, knocks Abyss off the apron through a table, while Monty POOOOOOOOOUNCES~! Raven through the set up table for the win.

Good match, but nothing great.

Guest BrokenWings

Shane Douglas has been arguing with the limo driver, because he needs to interview Kevin Nash but the driver won't let Douglas in. Don Harris comes out, and he and Douglas argue for a bit.

Interview with Williams/D'Amore, with Williams playing the bitter heel who doesn't feel he gets enough attention.

That match is up next...I've got to leave at 10 EST, so hopefully I get to see the entire thing. If not, I'll watch the tape afterwards and mention my thoughts on the match. I've got high hopes for this one, so hopefully they do well out there.

To add to BrokenWings' commentary...

D'Amore said that if Petey Williams doesn't regain the X-Division title then D'Amore will leave TNA and go back to Canada.

Guest BrokenWings

Dueling "Let's Go AJ!", "Let's go Petey!" chants.

Really good thus far.

Guest BrokenWings

Cool spot, at one point Petey had AJ in the tree of woe, and stood on his nuts while singing the Canadian national anthem.

Went for the same thing, but AJ leaned up and german suplexed him from the second rope. I don't know if you guys can picture that, but it was quite nice.

Cool spot, at one point Petey had AJ in the tree of woe, and stood on his nuts while singing the Canadian national anthem.

Went for the same thing, but AJ leaned up and german suplexed him from the second rope. I don't know if you guys can picture that, but it was quite nice.

Sort of like the Spider German Suplex from the Smackdown games right?

Guest Donners

This was always going to be the match that could make-or-break the show. Glad to hear it's going well.

Guest BrokenWings

Finisher reversals/avoidance from both.

AJ had Petey rolled up, D'Amore with distraction of referee, ref pulled the flag away from Petey, Petey grabs the belt and nails AJ with it while ref is turned, AJ kicks out.

Crowd's really into this, bought that near-fall.

Guest BrokenWings

Sort of like the Spider German Suplex from the Smackdown games right?

Yeah, quite similar to that.

Guest BrokenWings

More interference from D'Amore allows Williams to drop from the top rope into Destroyer position, nails it, and that gets the victory.

AJ gets a little retribution in the form of a few shots on D'Amore before bailing from Team Canada.

Really good, but not nearly long enough.

Guest BrokenWings
Edit: Nothing!

What's the set look like? IS there larger monitors for the entrances? Pyros?

Set is very similar to Impact!, regarding the entrance, but all the big names have gotten pyro, and the 3LK got pyro for their title victory.

It looks pretty professional, without going overboard, which is nice...

And with that, I'm off. I'll drop a line later this evening and let you know what I think of AMW/XXX, which is up next I believe, and I have high hopes for, as well as Hardy/Jarrett - not so much so.

Overall, the show's been okay. Gauntlet, Monster's Ball and Williams/AJ were both good, and nothing has been overly bad. Hopefully AMW/XXX deliver like it should.

Hopefully you guys appreciated the semi play-by-play. :)