TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

PROMO: The Strongest Seed

***SWF.net EXCLUSIVE- POST STORM***

Standing backstage and showing both signs of sweat and exhaustion, despite his match having finished well over an hour ago, the SWF Intercontinental Television Champion Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix stands alone staring into the camera. No fancy setting. No interviewer. Just Maddix. The blood that flowed during the battle royal Maddix has just won still covers his head and face, dried on now and left alone more as war paint than anything. Removing the ICTV Title from over his shoulder, Maddix takes a deep breath and squints at the headache he is suffering.

"Sunday, November 14th...will mark the ninetieth day that the Intercontinental Television Championship has been in my possession. A record, in SWF history. It seems the perfect time to sit back and reflect on the good times...and the bad. The times I fought and clawed my way up through the rankings to get this belt. The amount of energy I exerted, the sweat I passed, the blood I lost. For the past five months since I defeated Ace Lezaire to gain possession of this championship for the first time, I have cherished and coveted this gold belt. It has been my life for the past five months."

Stopping to look at the belt, Maddix manages a smile over his blood encrusted face.

"Landon Maddix...SWF Intercontinental Television Champion. The ninetieth day that I have heard those words together. And every day, it sounds sweeter than the last. Landon Maddix...SWF Intercontinental Television Champion. It's almost become custom. Ever since Janus took this belt and dis-respected in front of the world, I have strived every day to bring prestige back to this championship. And yes, there were times in the past when I resented this championship and what it meant to my career. But I've wiped the tainted stains off of this belt...Chris Card, The Suicide King, Janus, Max King. I have wiped those stains off as I've wiped each tear, each drop of sweat, each drop of blood that I have put into this gold belt! And now, I am once again PROUD to be holding this belt for the third time."

Again Maddix stops, this time turning away from the camera shot and judging by the sound of metal clunking, sets his ICTV Championship belt to the side before returning into view.

"Which, makes it all the more ironic that on this day...and on the night of my 90th day holding the belt, that I'm not thinking about that belt."

Sighing, Maddix brushes the hair from his eyes, or at least those hairs that aren't stuck to his scalp by the dark red gunge covering his forehead.

"Tonight, was not about being the Intercontinental Television Championship. Tonight...it was about a new journey. The next step. Tonight, the sweat I perspired and the blood that I lost was for getting closer to a shot at the SWF World Heavyweight Championship. Despite the beating I took at Ashes To Ashes, I sucked it up and went out into that ring and outlasted eight other men. All to become the number one seed. Which doesn't guarantee me a shot don't get me wrong. I know the big test is yet to come. But believe me, I am ready. Danny Dagda knows I am ready. Spike Jenkins knows I am ready. Sacred, Christian Fury, Manson...everyone in that ring knows what this title shot means to me. Especially you Max King."

A smile creeps over the face of Landon Maddix upon uttering the last name, as he again tries to make the blood on his face more noticeable.

"Oh yeah Max, you got me tonight. You got me boy. Second time in five days, you managed to bust me open in the middle of that ring. And you enjoyed it, didn't ya? I looked up when you were raining those fists down across my forehead...though my head was pounding and my eyes were rolling, I looked up into your eyes. I saw the look in your eyes. I saw the anger. The FURY. I saw that you felt strongly enough about the ICTV Title that when I took the belt from you, it lit a fire in you. In that battle royal, Max King was the dominant male. You went out there and eliminated body after body. But still, you couldn't get that one thing you wanted. Revenge. Irony is, I've seen the brackets. You're on the opposite side of the draw to me now which means it could come down to Max King versus Landon Maddix, as to who faces the World Champion. Or...it could be Landon Maddix vs. Sacred. I still remember, my first night in. I came in holding two belts...left holding none. That was almost a year ago. Maybe I'll get the chance to settle the score. Or David Cross, you might be my opponent. Or Manson. Manson, who never had the best of luck with me in the SJL. It could come down to any one of those four...if I get past Dagda or Fury. And then Spike or Cortez. The possibilites are endless...

...but the result, WILL be the same. See...for every day that I have held the Intercontinental Television Championship, I would sweat twice as much. Bleed twice as heavily. And fight for twice as long, for half the time as your World Heavyweight Champion. Believe me, this kid ain't under no illusions. I know that I will have to do all those things to be the man. But my god I am ready. Being the SJL World Champion was an experience that should have been one of the greatest in my life. But it was tainted, by the way the company ended. Now's my chance to win the REAL big one. And I'll be damned if I don't give every ounce of energy inside of me to achieve my next goal."

As he notices himself getting a little worked up, Maddix stops to take a few more breaths and calm himself back down.

"So, to Danny Dagda and Christian Fury...I will be watching your match with great interest my friends. And to whoever comes out on top. Whever it be you Danny Dagda. One of the men I dumped out tonight. Strong as an ox and my god, don't you know it. Or whever it's you Christian Fury. Hardcore Gamers Champion, Tag Team Champion. Whoever it is, I offer you these words of warning.

Prepare...For Landon."

With a last piercing look into the camera, Maddix turns off...scooping up his belt as he walks off, traced down the hallway a little way by the camera. The SWF Women's Champion meets him with a blood stained towel and wraps an arm around him, as Maddix returns the favour and presses the towel to his head...as the camera fades.

I'd like to point out that if the brackets call for Landon to meet Spike, that should be Spike's ICTV shot.

Great promo Landon. Really gets across the importance of what you have done whilst looking higher. And personally, I think that 90 days with the ICTV is certainly long enough for someone to look up and say "you know what? This is great, but I want more."

Bring it, you cocky Cambridge SOB.

Well, the point of this was to put myself in World Title connection (for me personally) without making the ICTV Title look like the 'lesser' belt, which does no good to whoever inherits it from me. So, yeah.