TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

The OAO Survivor Series 2004 Thread

I just got back from watching the PPV.

- Cruiserweight 4-way: Standard Smackdown! affair. Nothing special.

- Taker/Heidenreich: Better than expected. They were realling selling how much Heidenreich "was able to take" from Taker, so don't expect as Heidenreich de-push. Taker hits a sloppy Last Ride but heidenreich grabbed the bottom rope.

- Lita/Trish. Both these women looked really good...terrible non-match.

- Shelton/Christian. MOTN. About *** . Christian was horrible. Shelton was showcased well. Christian's new theme off ThemeAddict is awful. Boring match developed into a really hot end sequence, last 4 minutes or so.

- Smackdown! SS Match: Awful. Angle's team may be one of the worst assembled teams ever.

- JBL/Booker: Right guy went over. Dull. Josh's chair shot/clothesline sell were the highlights. Booker needs to retire. JBL is only slightly better.

- Raw SS Match: Better than SDs, but just kinda dull. Predictable.

It's not just the pose, it's the fact that he'll do it for no reason. It's like he wants a reward or something.

They need a heel to do a skit where they mock Orton. That'd be hilarious.

Absolutely.

Guest NitroJMS

Just got back from the show after a 2 hour drive back to Pittsburgh.

I have to say it was a pretty good one overall with only really two boring matches (Taker/Heidenreich, Booker/JBL), but those two weren't helped by the fact that I rarely watch Smackdown. I really enjoyed the cruisers, IC title match, and Raw SS match.

Orton did get some good pops, but so did Benoit and Jericho for the main event. I noticed Orton is getting the "Jeff Hardy teenage girl fans" from taking a look around at who was actually into him tonight.

I audibly heard people complain about a lack of title changes, Trish/Lita going way too short, and the goofy Smackdown SS match.

Also, I was sitting directly across from the entry way and the spinning video screens proved to be extremely distracting and annoying. Normally the Titantron doesn't bother me at all, but this version constantly took my eyes off the action.

Michael Cole really brought the suck in the Cruiser 4-Way.

"Spike Dudley is the unluckiest man in Cleveland tonight, he has only a 25% chance of winning tonight."

Uhm...so did Rey. And Chavo. And Kidman.

"And now we're left with the two friends in the ring, Rey and Chavo..."

Since when were they friends!?! They'd feuded on and off ever since Rey debuted on Smackdown but I can't remember them ever really bring friends. In fact, they were bitter enemies way back at...ooh, Great American Bash in the Summer of THIS YEAR.

"I really believe Kidman used the Shotting Star Press intentionally on Chavo Guerrero..."

Well, no shit Sherlock. It wasn't an accident, was it.

Still, line of the night goes to Heidenreich.

"I like what you do to babies."

Now that's something you don't hear every day. Except maybe in prison.

Guest LooneyTune
Michael Cole really brought the suck in the Cruiser 4-Way.

"Spike Dudley is the unluckiest man in Cleveland tonight, he has only a 25% chance of winning tonight."

Uhm...so did Rey. And Chavo. And Kidman.

"And now we're left with the two friends in the ring, Rey and Chavo..."

Since when were they friends!?! They'd feuded on and off ever since Rey debuted on Smackdown but I can't remember them ever really bring friends. In fact, they were bitter enemies way back at...ooh, Great American Bash in the Summer of THIS YEAR.

"I really believe Kidman used the Shotting Star Press intentionally on Chavo Guerrero..."

Well, no shit Sherlock. It wasn't an accident, was it.

People have the balls to say Cole has gotten better. Those above comments in the span of 8 minutes is the argument against it.

Still, line of the night goes to Heidenreich.

"I like what you do to babies."

Are you saying that at Survivor Series, Snitsky and Heidenreich crossed paths? Shit, this is the kind of stuff I thought could only happen in theory.

Yep. They went face to face for a while breathed heavily and exchanged those pleasantries...before they said they'd see each other soon. It was really quite a tender moment.

People have the balls to say Cole has gotten better. Those above comments in the span of 8 minutes is the argument against it.

Cole has got better. Compared to his 99 run and the early days with Tazz, he improved generally quite a bit. Then Smackdown went through a rut and it just seems like Cole and Tazz don't care enough to do a good job anymore. During the SD Six era and into 2003 though, Tazz and Cole were doing a pretty good job IMO.

Other interesting observations. Snitsky getting cheered for destroying Maven. Christian wearing the worst entrance jacket in the WWE today. Hands down. Trish selling a (slightly) bloody nose like death. And the fact I now want Josh Matthews in the Cruiser Division.

I haven't followed the WWE much the last few months, and if I didn't post on here for Sports all the time, I probably wouldn't have even noticed that there was a PPV, but I have to say these PPV cards are getting worse and worse every month.

Bradshaw vs. Booker T was the Smackdown ME? Are you kidding me? They take the worst heel champion in recent memory, and put him against the least respected main event heel as of about a month ago for the title. This shit doesn't even make sense to me.

And then for the Raw main event and overall main event of the show, you've got a few main eventers, and a couple jobbers in an eight-man tag for control of Raw? What the fuck?

I swear, it's getting to the point where a typical PPV is what a Raw or Smackdown used to be, and the only thing that reaches the level of what used to be a run of the mill, shitty PPV, is Wrestlemania.