TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Just call me Dan

Evolution

All Quotes are from MikeJordan23:

nWo

I agree with this one 100%. But, I didn't like every incarnation of the nWo, I only really liked 2 or 3 of the groups. I liked the original (Hogan, Hall, Nash), then this group (Hogan, Hall, Nash, fake Sting, Giant, Syxx, Ted Diabiase, and Vincent), and the last WCW nWo group (Hart, Nash, Hall, Jarrett, Steiner, Harris Twins).

4 Horsemen

No doubt about it, top three stables of all-time, if not #1. By far the best group they had was Ric Flair - Arn Anderson - Tully Blanchard - Ole Anderson - Manager J.J Dillion.

Dangerous Alliance

Was good. Should have put the majority of the focus on Austin though.

Hart Foundation

Awesome. Hart x2, Bulldog, Neidhart, Pillman.

Degeneration X

They were the best when it was just HBK - HHH - Chyna. They were decent when it was HHH as the leader adding in NAO and X-Pac.

NOD

Eh. The only highlight was the Rock.

The Corporation

Eh. Again, only highlight was the Rock.

The Filthy Animals

*PUKES* When they came on TV, I usually turned the channel, and watched the WWF.

The Dungeon of Doom

HAH. They sucked. Kevin Sullivan is a joke, and so were most of the members. The only good thing that came out of the Dungeon was the Giant.

One Warrior Nation

Are you serious? It was a one member faction. And that one member sucked.

Evolution

Has some serious potential to be great. They've elevated two wrestlers to near ME status. Entertaining on the mic, and usually have pretty decent matches. Sure HHH holds everyone down, but who could replace him?

A few groups I personally liked (for various reasons) not listed:

Hi-V (CZW) - J.O.B Squad - lWo - Ministry - NBT - The Flock

Guest LooneyTune

Ew...the Ministry? Viscera (Jobber), Mideon (Jobber), The Acolytes, The Brood (part-time Jobbers). The only credible member was The Undertaker, and it was during the time I thought he sucked the most.

Yeah, they mostly all sucked, but it was entertaining when they'd mob someone and bring them into the Ministry.

4 Horsemen

No doubt about it, top three stables of all-time, if not #1. By far the best group they had was Ric Flair - Arn Anderson - Tully Blanchard - Ole Anderson - Manager J.J Dillion.

See, I think Windham in lieu of Ole was the best lineup.

Down with Evolution! In with Revolution! Shane Douglas (Now with Pittsburg Plunge finisher) in WCW was still better than HHH in promos, Saturn was the muscle while Benoit & Malenko were the tag team technicians that would destroy anyone who stood in their way.

I did enjoy the Flair, Arn, Barry, Sid version of the 4 Horsemen.

I'm trying to think of Evolution's memorable moments.....

They cock-blocked every contender to HHH's title (standard heel stable fare)

They (but mainly Orton) fucked with retired legend Mick Foley

They had RAW's GM in their back pocket

What would everyone else list as the most memorable aspects of Evolution? I've enjoyed the group at times, but I can't say they've provided anything that I'd consider classic moments like I would with the Horsemen, Heenan Family, Dangerous Alliance, Triple Threat, Raven's Nest/Flock, nWo, Hart Foundation, original DX or even the Corporation or Ministry.

They're a solid group of antagonists with a very good internal dynamic when it was the four involved, but other than HHH emulating/subjugating Flair and Orton/Batista being molded into players what will they be remembered for?

Flair & Batista holding the tag team belts for La Rez for a few weeks.......before they decided to make Beniot & mystery partner lose the belts back to La Rez.

Flair and Batista had that AWFUL tables match with the Dudleys at Royal Rumble. I try to block that team from my mind, they never really clicked with me for whatever reason and I think Flair was above holding a tag belt. If he's going to hold any belt before he retires it has to be the big gold one.