TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace309

SWF LOCKDOWN 11/17!

“Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for the national anthem.”

Funyon steps into the ring and clears his throat. As the fans rise, he begins to sing.

I'm the sheik of Araby

Your love belongs to me

At night where you're asleep,

into your tent I'll creep.

The stars that shine above

will light our way to love.

You rule this world with me,

I'm the sheik of Araby.

Well I'm the sheik of Araby.

Your love belongs to me.

At night where you're asleep,

into your tent I'll creep.

The sun that shines above

will light our way to love.

You rule this world with me,

I'm the sheik of Araby.

Well I'm the sheik of Araby,

Well I'm the sheik of Araby, yeah.

The fans cheer, filled with patriotic vigor, as Funyon finishes his rousing rendition of Louis Prima’s “Sheik of Araby.”

“What the hell was that?” murmurs Riley, as the lights fade to prepare for the show’s opening.

CLIMBING THE MOUNTAIN

Carnage vs Sacred

Carnage will in fact, get his World Title shot on Smarkdown. But until that day, Carnage will fight a Hall-of-Famer, and someone who, perhaps, knows more about true carnage than Carnage himself: Sacred.

Rules: DQ and countout apply.

CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE CONTENDERSHIP MATCH

Kaine vs Austin Sly

According to my drunk post, “Because righ now Spiek still sucks ass and we need to fix that,” and by god we will, as one of these people gets the chance to rip that belt off his waist. (Joking, Spike, but you have to defend that thing, you know)

TAG TITLE CONTENDERSHIP MATCH

Andrea Montgomery & The Ghost vs Alan Clark & Annie Eclectic

Andrea has a pretty good record when it comes to making new tag teams. The Birdman... the Ghost... Zutroy. Well, now they can go for the gold, against Alan Clark and Annie E, who do not get a hype package.

TRIPLE THREAT FIRST PIN WINS

David Cross vs Max King vs Stryke

Cross is in a sea of two sharks: King and Stryke. Can Cross do the impossible and jump not one, but two sharks?

Rules: Triple thread, first pin wins.

SINGLES MATCH

Mike Hall vs Uncle Filthy

Checking to see if you exist. No-show and be taken off the active roster.

TAG TEAM MATCH

Spike Jenkins & Sean Davis vs Manson & Todd Cortez

Is there infighting in Rev 0? I sense infighting. All good stables have infighting. Except the Clan, we just gave people arm cancer. Midnight Carnival threw pies with pandas in them. Manson and Todd Cortez are not in-fighters. They are out-boxers. OMG BOXING JOKE that no one understands.

OPENING MATCH

Christian Fury vs Danny Dagda

#8 and #9, per the stipulations of the battle royale, face each other here for reasons that I forgot, because that battle royale is really complicated and a 21st does something to a person, I think.

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

BAM!!! BAM!!! BAM!!!

BAP!BAP!BAP!BAP!BAP!BAP!BAP!BAP!BAP!BAP!BAP!BAP!

BBBBBAAAAA-BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

An absolutely blinding and deafening wash of pyrotechnics blasts out from the entrance area and ramp, greeting the home viewing audience… The Americanized trappings are in full force as the SWF faithful in the Pepsi Center welcome home their beloved (and hated) wrestlers from their stint overseas. The camera swings around, taking in this melting pot of humanity, screaming and yelling, when suddenly… The arena lights drop down to nothingness... The only illumination is the suddenly increased flashbulb activity, the crowd murmuring softly, but the cheers starting to rise in realization…

“Welcome back to the Smartmarks Wrestling Federation and Lockdown,” Cyclone Comet intones as System Of A Down's "Aerials" softly filters over the house speakers.

YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

“Cripes,” Riley groans as the SmarkTron shows a slow-motion video montage of Fury up high on the ropes, and plummeting down, flipping to smash some unsuspecting opponent on the floor below. “This guy doesn’t like to wait, does it? Sappy little Goth loner wanna-be.”

“Well Bobby,” Cyclone Comet states, “His and Citizen Dagda’s match -is- first on the card… But I do agree that something is odd about the timing of this entrance.” Just as Comet finishes his statement, a massive pyro explosion flares up at the entrance ramp, and the music switches to the guitar solo before the second-to-last chorus (the point right after they start screaming). Fury then comes out from behind the curtains, walking intently down towards the ring with kendo stick in hand, Hardcore Gamer’s Title around his waist, and the Tag Team Belt on his shoulder.

FUUUUU-RY!!!

FUUUUU-RY!!!

FUUUUU-RY!!!

The fans give him the love only a face could deserve, but Fury doesn't pay it attention. Behind him, the SmarkTron flashes highlights from past matches along with the red stylized-script "Fury". The music drives the crowd louder and louder... Fury mounts the ring apron, and springboards himself in…

…much to the delight of the crowd. He lands, kendo stick poised to kick ass and take names. Funyon comes into the ring, seemingly a little off-guard from the quickness of the entrance as well, but does his recovery well as he brings the mike to his lips… But Fury shakes his head, extending a hand, presumably for the microphone.

“Seems Citizen Fury wants to address the crowd… Or Citizen Dagda.”

“Doesn’t he realize he has a match now? Get beatdown now, talk later… If he’s not in the hospital.”

“You really think Dagda could take Fury out, Bobby?”

“Who’s the #8 seed in the tourney, Psycho?”

“Cyclone, Bobby… Cyclone.” Meanwhile, Funyon passes the mike off to Fury, who raises it to his lips.

FUUUUU-RY!!!

FUUUUU-RY!!!

FUUUUU-RY!!!

He pauses a moment, waiting for the chants to die down.

“Are you folks looking forward to a good match between the #8 and #9 in this Cold Front Classic?”

FUUUUU-RY!!!

FUUUUU-RY!!!

FUUUUU-RY!!!

“Why is he hyping his own match, that glory-hog?”

“Hush, Bobby.” Fury smiles slightly.

“Are you folks looking forward to me cleaning Danny Dagda’s clock?”

FUUUUU-RY!!!

FUUUUU-RY!!!

FUUUUU-RY!!!

“Get to the point, Fury!”

“HUSH, Bobby!” Once more, Fury brings the mike to his lips.

“Well, I have one thing to say to that…”

FUUUUU-RY!!!

FUUUUU-RY!!!

FUUUUU-RY!!!

“You’ve already missed it.”

The crowd’s chanting stutters to a halt as tens of thousands of people instantly get confused.

“What did he just say?” Comet utters, also confused.

“Missed it?” Riley chimes in, sounding no more certain.

“That’s right,” Fury continues, almost as if he heard the two announcers. “You all missed it. It’s already happened… Well, the cleaning of Danny Dagda’s clock, that is. The ‘match’, if you can call it that now, is merely a formality.” Fury starts to pace the ring as the crowd starts to murmur in confusion.

“Let me explain,” Fury says after a moment. “After getting knocked out all-too-early in the Battle Royale last week, I asked myself, ‘Chris, how bad do you want this World Title shot?’” He pauses. “And I thought about it. Thought about it really hard. And that’s when I realized that if I got knocked out that early, I must’ve not wanted it that badly. I mean… I have two titles already… Hard fought for and hard earned.”

FUUUUU-RY!!!

FUUUUU-RY!!!

FUUUUU-RY!!!

“Hardly worthy of those titles, Chris,” Riley mutters.

“But then,” Fury says, slipping the sunglasses from his face, “I found out that Carnage has a chance to circumvent this whole tourney, and take the title?”

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Fury nods his head slightly.

“Yeah… Yeah, that’s about what I thought too. I mean… I beat that… ‘Man’…”

FREEEEEAK!!!

FREEEEEAK!!!

FREEEEEAK!!!

“…All up and down the MEN Arena to win back the Hardcore title…”

BLOOD-SPORT!!!

BLOOD-SPORT!!!

BLOOD-SPORT!!!

“…And I get put in a tourney to earn my way to a shot against Toxxic…”

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

“…But ‘he’ gets to run through the back-door and screw me, and the rest of these superstars, because he’s some fucking wack-job?”

FREEEEEAK!!!

FREEEEEAK!!!

FREEEEEAK!!!

“When I found that out… I decided at that moment that I wanted that belt. I wanted that belt from whoever had it at the end of all this. But if I was going to earn it, I was going to earn it MY way… And Danny… Well… Roll the tape…”

“Tape?” Comet utters as the Smarktron cues up…

-----

A backstage view… The camera finds Danny Dagda walking backstage towards the locker room area… When suddenly…

WHAM!!!

Fury out of nowhere with a spear! Dagda on the ground… Fury hauls him up… And slings him into… And through… Merchandise crates set to the side… Then Fury reappears in view… With a chair…

WHAM!!!

Relentlessly…

WHAM!!!

Beating…

WHAM!!!

Dagda…

WHAM!!!

Until the chair is dented to all Hell… Fury hauls Dagda up again... We see Dagda busted open… And…

SMACK!!!

Levels Dagda to the floor with a spinning kick… He then slips the Hardcore Gamer’s Belt from his waist… And…

CRACK!!!

CRACK!!!

CRACK!!!

-----

“I think we’ve seen enough,” Fury states, the feed coming back to live. The crowd murmurs disconcertedly, not quite liking the development…

“Fury attacked Dagda backstage!” Comet blurts. “That… That’s just not like him!”

“Maybe it is,” Bobby replies cryptically. Fury sighs softly.

“Dagda got what he deserved… Because he, like Carnage, like Rev-Zero… Are blights upon the SWF, and must be knocked down a few pegs… Or removed entirely.” The crowd murmurs again.

“So Citizen Fury thinks himself some avenging angel now?” Comet utters. “This… This is unbelievable.”

“I knew he was mentally unstable,” Bobby sighs as there’s activity at ringside… A page from the higher offices talking to Funyon and the timekeeper at ringside… Funyon shaking his head, then motioning to the timekeeper…

DING! DING! DING!

“As a result of… Unforeseen circumstances…” Funyon announces slowly. “Danny Dagda cannot show for this match. As a result, the match is declared a ‘no-contest’.” Fury nods slowly as the crowd murmurs again… Dissention seeming to make itself known.

“Now that that’s over with, let’s talk about the upcoming match I will have with Landon Maddix.” The crowd cheers for Landon, considering Fury seems to be getting a bit unpalatable now.

“Citizen Fury with an uncharacteristic cockiness about him,” Comet says. “It’s frightening.”

“It’s making him a little more tolerable now,” Riley replies.

“Landon,” Fury starts, “I won’t do you like I did Dagda. You’re a good man at heart, a battler… I have no quarrel with you, but now -you- are the one in my way to my march to the top. So next week… We’ll meet one-on-one in the squared circle. But be aware… Life is a lesson of pain, loss, and anguish... Next week… -I- am your teacher!” Fury then drops the mike, slides out of the ring, and heads for the back to a large amount of murmuring, and…

Something largely unheard of since his return…

The boos of the fans.

“We… Need to cut to commercial,” Comet utters quietly. “We’ll… Come back with the rest of this show, and see what we can learn of these… Unsettling developments with Citizen Fury…”

(Fade to black…)

We return to tonight's venue of choice, Denver's Pepsi Center! The screaming Colorado faithful here for SWF Lockdown welcome us back, as do Cyclone Comet and Bobby Riley.

(Comet) "Welcome back to Lockdown! Already we've determined who will be facing Landon Maddix in the first round of the Cold Front Classic. Now we have tag team action, as Todd Cortez teams with, surprisingly enough, Denver's own Manson. Tonight they'll be taking on Revolution Zero's Sean Davis and Spike Jenkins!"

(Riley) "I don't know what the bookers were thinking… Manson has no love lost for Revolution Zero, but he certainly doesn’t care for Todd Cortez either. Cortez may as well be in there by himself."

(Comet) "It can be said that Manson cares for absolutely no one but himself at this point, but regardless, we shall see if he and Cortez can come together in order to bring down Jenkins and Davis together."

Every light in the arena hits maximum, as the Smarktron whites out and we cut to the entryway. For a moment the only sound is that of a needle scratching over vinyl... then a deep voice booms out over the PA system:

'WEL-WEL-W-W-WELCOME TO THE REVOLUTION!'

Immediately the crashing guitars of 'Battle Ready' by Otep come in and lightning literally comes down from the heavens, striking the stage and causing gold and red pyro to flare up. The SmarkTron features half-second clips of Rev-0's member's matches as "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins and "The Perfect Storm" Sean Davis enter the ring to a massive amount of boos from the crowd. Up on the SmarkTron, the clips go white and the words 'Revolution' and 'Zero' alternate. Stopping at the head of the ramp, Spike flips off the hood of his jacket, holding his arms straight out, and Davis continues moving down the ramp. Spike breaks from his pose, as Marcus Washington and Jet follow him down.

(Funyon) "Ladies and Gentlemen, the following is a tag team match and it is scheduled for one-fall! Introducing first, being accompanied by Jet and Marcus Washington -- weighing in at a combined weight of five-hundred pounds… The current Cruiserweight Champion 'Hollywood' Spike Jenkins and 'The Perfect Storm' Sean Davis! REVOLUTION ZERO!"

As Spike Jenkins slides into the ring, Sean Davis heads up the ring steps and enters through the ropes. Meanwhile, Washington and Jet take their place on the outside, as the the lights go low, and Fabolous' "Breathe" starts to pulse over the speakers. Green spotlights shine and strobe along the length of the arena. Once the beat drops and the first verse begins, pyro explodes from the floor of the stage. Soon enough, Cortez storms out of the back to the cheers of the crowd! He raises his arms and pumps them up moreso, and powerwalks down to the ring.

(Funyon) "And their opponents! First, hailing from Hollywod Boulevard -- weighing in at two-hundred and twenty pounds…the reigning USJL Champion… "THE URBAN LEGEND" TODD COORRRRTEZ!"

Cortez stops at the foot of the ramp, as the house lights stay dimmed, with multi-colored strobes flashing as "Crusher Destroyer" by Mastodon blasts from the speakers! Manson emerges from the back to huge round of cheers from his hometown crowd, some jeers mixed in, and he stomps straight down the ramp.

(Funyon) "And his tag team partner, hailing from Denver, Colorado! He weighs in at two-hundred and thirty pounds… MMMAAAAANNNSOONNN!"

Manson and Cortez roll into the ring and Funyon heads out of the ring just as quickly. Referee Matt Kivell stands between the two teams, as Manson and Sean Davis take their place on the apron. Kivell calls for the bell…

::DING DING!::

…and ducks out of the way, as Todd Cortez and Spike Jenkins rush at each other and engage in a lock up. The tie-up is short-lived, however, as Cortez willingly breaks, and spins around with a sweep kick to put Jenkins on his back! Cortez hops over the body of his hated rival and runs the ropes, hopping over Jenkins’ body on the rebound. Cortez rebounds off the other side, this time leapfrogging over a recovering Jenkins, then spinning him around and carrying him over with an arm drag! Spike gets to his feet and comes at Todd furiously, but Cortez takes him back to the mat with a drop toehold, sliding over so that he’s in position to apply a front facelock, and pull Spike up to his feet. Jenkins squirms, and finally pushes Cortez away, into the corner. Todd shakes it off, and when he notices Jenkins charging in, gets a boot up so that the cocky cruiserweight eats it, and Cortez hops up onto the second rope, diving over Spike’s head and rolling him up with a sunset flip!

(Comet) "He caught him with that one!"

ONE!

T-NO!

Spike gets a shoulder up before the “two” can even be followed through with. Kivell backs off as Cortez attempts to bring Spike off the mat, but finds himself shoved backwards into the ropes, and then monkey flipped over by Spike! Jenkins is the first one to his feet this time, and he approaches Cortez during his recovery period, backing him into the ropes and then sending him to the far side. Spike attempts a lariat on the rebound, but Cortez sees it coming and ducks, running through to the other side and trying one of his own…but Jenkins ducks that! Both men now hit the ropes, rebounding towards each other and looking like two freight trains about to collide, taking each other out with their own lariats!

(Comet) "Good lord, Robert…Citizens Spike and Cortez are not wasting any time in trying to put each other down!"

(Riley) "Why should they? It seems as if this rivalry is neverending, although Cortez deserves to have them on his case for that little Van Siclen stunt."

(Comet) "For the last time, Mike Van Siclen is NOT The Ghost."

(Riley) "Mmm hmm, sure. He’s not Ghost, and you’re good looking. I must be living in Bizarro World."

Kivell administers a ten count for both to get up, but each man recovers fairly quickly, given that the match is still in its infancy. As they come up to their feet, face to face, Spike throws out a right hand, connecting with Todd’s cheek…and draws a right hand from Cortez! Spike throws out another right hand, leading into Todd issuing one back, and soon enough they two men break out in fisticuffs, hammering away at each other! Jenkins gets the advantage as he peppers Todd above the eye, looking to open a cut and blur his vision, taking his lessons from a boxing match, apparently. Cortez again winds up near the ropes, and once again Jenkins sends Cortez in, this time lowering his head as the Urban Legend returns towards him…only to kick him in the jaw, knocking him back up to a vertical base! Cortez then grabs a waistlock and drops Jenkins with an inverted atomic drop, rocking the man who has long been a thorn in his side before wrapping his arms around Spike and carrying him over with a belly to belly suplex! The crowd cheers, showing their support for the rookie superstar, and cheer even louder when Cortez rushes the Revolution corner and knocks Sean Davis down to the floor!

(Riley) "Is there a need!?"

Cortez gives back to his fans, working them up a bit as he pulls Spike up and leads him to his corner, extending his hand to Manson, who tags in despite looking unimpressed with his partners enthusiasm. The Pepsi Center crowd issues a pop for their hometown boy as he enters the match by delivering a back elbow to the side of Spike Jenkins’ head! Jenkins turns away, but Manson pulls him back to close proximity, driving several knees up into Spike’s ribcage and leaves him prone to a kitchen sink, as Manson comes off the ropes with such momentum that Spike flips right over his knee! Sean Davis pounds the turnbuckle, wanting to come in and go toe to toe with the famed brawler, but for that to happen, Jenkins will have to catch his air and get up off the canvas, neither of which are happening right now!

(Comet) "Davis appears anxious to help his partner, and once again his size advantage over his opponents could play a significant part in a Revolution win."

(Riley) "Nevermind the size, Comet…Davis has been chomping at the bit to knock Cortez’s head off for the Ashes 2 Ashes debacle. Tonight we might not see just a victory, but a massacre!"

Talk of a Revolution victory continues from the man devoted to rulebreaker backing, but Jenkins is still in a bad way as he’s rocked with a snap suplex from Manson, and further weakened as the hometown anti-hero comes off the ropes with a kneedrop that drills Spike in the temple! Manson lays across Spike’s chest, waiting for Kivell to come make the count…

ONE!

T…NO! Manson pulls Spike up!

(Comet) "Well, that’s…interesting."

Cortez looks on, perplexed, but Manson doesn’t look back towards his corner, instead dragging Spike up to his feet and then cracking him across the chest with a blistering chop! The typical “WHOO!” reaction from the fans echoes throughout the arena, as Manson again staggers Spike with a knife edge. Jenkins curls his arms up and turns away, but when Manson goes to spin him around for a third shot, Spike fires his leg up and catches Manson low, dropping Manson to his knees, and drawing the ire of the referee Kivell!

(Comet) "That was a blatant foul by Spike Jenkins!"

(Riley) "Not his fault Manson kept his cup at home tonight."

Jenkins easily tags in Davis, who hops through the ropes and yanks Manson up by the hair and slams his thick arm down on his shoulder blades, pounding the local boy with forearms before whipping him into the ropes and catching him on the rebound, drilling him into the canvas with a powerslam! Davis pops up, and rushes Cortez, knocking him off the apron much like Todd did to him earlier! The Urban Legend reels on the outside as Davis pulls Manson up and wraps his arms around his waist, pushing Manson backwards into the Revolution corner! Manson slams against the turnbuckles, but before he can shake off the impact of it, Davis starts driving knees into his midsection. Spike applauds his partner as Davis pulls Manson away from the corner, but then changes his mind and ducks his head, driving his weight into Manson and forcing him back into the corner! This time, Davis uses shoulderblocks to wear Manson down, and pulls him out of the corner to send him to the ropes, catching him on the rebound and pulling him up in the air before quickly slamming him down to the canvas with a brutal snap spinebuster! He goes for a cover!

(Comet) "A big spinebuster by Davis, and he goes for a cover!"

ONE!

T… NO! Manson kicks out!

Davis grunts and pulls Manson up off the mat, striking him with a punch to the face, which knocks Manson back into the ropes. Davis drives repeated knees to Manson's gut, exhausting and wearing down Manson. He grips the ropes with his hand, trying to keep standing, and Davis pulls him off, whipping him to the opposite side of the ring. Manson bounces off the ropes near his own corner, and as he heads back to Davis, The Perfect Storm hoists him up over his head with an awe inspiring ease. However, Manson shakes free from Sean's grip, and lands on his feet behind Revolution Zero's muscle. Davis spins around, only to be hit with a roundhouse kick to the leg! Manson hits another, followed by another, and so on. Soon enough the barrage takes Davis down to a knee, and as he recovers, Manson heads toward the ropes and bounces off, only to have Spike Jenkins reach over and yank him down by his hair!

(Comet) "That rotten rascal Spike Jenkins!"

(Riley) "I didn't see anything there. And besides, it was perfectly legit!"

Kivell admonishes Spike and demands he grab the tag rope and stand close to his corner, as Manson hits the mat. Manson is back up quickly enough, though, and he turns around. He eyes Spike and shakes with anger, preparing to do some sort of harm, but just as Manson starts to go after him, Davis lunges at Manson, knocking him down with a clothesline to the back of the head! Davis grabs the wrist of Manson to prevent from escaping, and stretches out to tag in Jenkins! Jenkins comes in with stomps to Manson's back, as Davis exits the ring.

(Comet) "And Spike is in!"

Manson tries to pull himself up with the aid of the ropes, but Spike cuts him off as he sets a foot on the back of Manson's neck and grips the ropes for balance, as Manson screams, pain shooting throughout his problematic neck and down his back. The crowd begins booing and Kivell gives Spike until the count of five to step off the neck and away from Manson, which he reluctantly does. Spike stretches out his arms and taunts the crowd, garnering an extended round of jeers from the Denver faithful.

(Comet) "And Spike goes after Manson's neck… a sound strategy, even if I don't like the way he goes about it."

Manson again attempts to push himself up off the mat, but Spike again is there to put a stop to that, as he now lays Manson neck first across the middle rope, and pushes down on the back of his head, choking him out. As Kivell pulls Spike away from Manson, Davis gets in on the act, as he walks over and steps on the back of his neck, again choking Manson out. As Kivell turns to check on the proceedings, Davis heads back to his corner, leaving Manson to hang on the rope. Manson finally gets to his feet and Spike moves Kivell aside to go after him, hammering him with a forearm to the back. Manson goes down to a knee, but is back up with a chop to Spike's chest, followed by an elbow smash. Though knocked back a step, Spike comes back with a kick to the gut, sending Manson back into the ropes. Spike pulls him off and whips him to the opposite ropes, the far camera-side portion of the ring, and Manson bounces off, heading back to Spike. Jenkins jumps into the air and throws his legs out, nailing Manson with a textbook dropkick. Manson goes down to the mat, and is covered by Jenkins.

(Comet) "Cover by Spike!"

ONE!

T--NO! Manson gets the shoulder up!

Spike pulls Manson up to his feet and hits him with a palm to the face. Manson is sent stumbling back to the upper right corner, and Spike charges in, hitting a clothesline in the corner! Manson slumps down into a seated position against the turnbuckle, and Spike heads toward the opposite corner. Breaking into a run, Spike flips over into a back handspring, and as he nears Manson, he straightens out and turns back toward Manson, and hits him with a low dropkick to the face! Spike stands and pulls Manson out of the corner, going for another pin.

(Comet) "Another cover, after the Tidal Wave to Manson on the ground."

ONE!

TW--! Manson gets another shoulder up!

Spike brings Manson up to a vertical base, and hits him with a palm strike to the jaw, followed by one more. Manson goes stumbling backwards again, reeling from the second shotei, and as Spike gets near, Manson spins back toward Spike and goes for a surprise rolling elbow! He connects flush with Spike's jaw, now knocking him back a number of steps. Manson approaches Spike, closing in, when Spike goes for another palm strike. However, Manson blocks the arm, and brings his right hand up, nailing him with a series of short rapid-fire chops to the side of the neck! Spike goes down to his knees at Manson's feet, and Manson brings him up again, pushing him chest first into the upper right turnbuckle. Spike staggers out and Manson wraps his arms around him from behind. As Manson tries to hoist Jenkins up for a suplex, Spike blocks and turns the tables on Manson, emerging behind him with a behind waistlock of his own. Likewise, Manson doesn't allow Spike to get anything on him, as he grabs Kivell by the collar and pulls him near. With Kivell distracted, trying to shake Manson off, Manson fires his leg upward, catching Spike in the jumblies with a mule kick! The crowd cheers as Manson releases Kivell and grabs Jenkins by the arm as quickly as he can, so as to not arouse Kivell's suspicion. Still, Kivell questions him, and Manson proclaims innocence, as he drags Spike over to his corner, finally tagging in Cortez!

(Comet) "And Cortez is in, after the comeback by Manson!"

(Riley) "Comeback? Manson kicked him down low!"

(Comet) "Like Spike did to Manson earlier…"

(Riley) "I wouldn’t mind it normally, as I don't find Manson so offensive anymore, I just don't want it benefiting any team with Cortez on it."

Manson leaves Jenkins to Cortez, who bends down to lift him off the mat, but immediately Spike slithers away from him, out of the ring. He circles the outside area, and heads back in near his corner, where he tags an unexpectant Davis, which brings him into the ring, and Spike out. Cortez charges Davis, laying into him with an assortment of palm strikes to the face, mixed in with a punch here and there for good measure. This drives Davis back into the ropes, and Todd pulls him off, attempting to send him across the ring. Davis holds his ground, though, and reverses the whip on Cortez. The Urban Legend bounces off the ropes, and as Davis lies in wait, Cortez jumps into the air, nailing him with a spinning wheel kick, knocking Sean Davis down!

(Comet) "Cortez is on fire right now, managing to knock Davis down after a flurry of strikes and a spinning wheel kick!"

(Riley) "All because of Manson kicking Spike low…"

Davis begins to get up, as Cortez rushes Jenkins on the apron, looking to get in a shot as Cortez had done to Davis earlier. Spike is ready for him, though, as he ducks a wild swing by Cortez, then latches onto his head and brings him down neck first across the top rope. Cortez stumbles into the waiting arms of Davis, who lifts him up over his head, presses him a couple times to an "Ooh" by the crowd, then tosses him high into the air, letting him drop down to the mat below. Cortez comes up grabbing his midsection, as Davis hammers him with a forearm to the back. Davis comes down again with another forearm, before lifting Cortez up and wrapping a hand around his throat. Davis brings him up for a chokeslam, but reacting quickly, Cortez boots Davis right in the face, forcing Davis to let go.

(Comet) "Cortex counters the chokeslam!"

Cortez sprints toward the far camera-side ropes, springing off, and jumping at Davis, turning perpendicular to him and going for a crossbody. But Davis, with his senses regained, catches him in midair. Cortez attempts to shake himself free, but can't as Davis brings him overhead, onto his shoulders. Davis then drops back rapidly, planting Cortez on the canvas with a samoan drop! He hooks the leg!

(Comet) "Samoan drop!"

ONE!

TW--NO! Cortez kicks out just before two!

Cortez pushes himself up to his feet, as Davis grabs onto him and whips him to the aisle-side ropes. Cortez bounces off, and Davis swings, going for a lariat, which Cortez ducks! He bounces off the opposite side ropes… where Jenkins trips him up from the outside. Cortez stumbles right into Davis, who applies a headscissors and wraps his arms around Todd's waist. Davis lifts him up onto his shoulders and brings him down just as quickly with a high angle powerbomb, planting Todd on his upper back. Cortez convulses on the mat, as Davis rolls him over for another cover!

(Comet) "POWERBOMB!"

ONE!

TWO!

THR--NO! MANSON BREAKS IT UP!

Manson heads back to his corner, shuffled along by Kivell, who then turns back toward the ring. Davis punches the mat in frustration, as Spike screams for the tag. Davis tags Spike in, and he goes right to work on Cortez, kneeling over him and coming down with repeated punches to his forehead. Spike halts the barrage only at the request of Kivell, and backs away from Cortez. Cortez gets himself to a knee, at which point Spike sets off, planting off the knee, bringing his free leg around and kicking Cortez in the back of the head! Spike goes for another cover!

(Comet) Cover off the Dangerous Wizard!"

ONE!

TWO!!

THR--NO!!! MANSON BREAKS IT UP ONCE AGAIN!

Before Manson can head back to his corner, Davis heads into the ring. Shoving Kivell out of the way, Davis makes a beeline straight for Manson, knocking him down with a lariat. Up under his own power, Davis instead grabs Manson and hurls him over the top rope, down to the floor. Davis follows him out, as Spike pulls Cortez up off the mat. Cortez surprises Jenkins with a shotei shot, staggering him, but Jenkins is quick to land a kick to the stomach, bringing Cortez down to a knee. Jenkins brings a kick into Todd's chest, followed by another. Jenkins then backs away for a moment and nails another kick, this time straight to Todd's face, nearly knocking him out as he collapses to the mat.

"(Comet) There's Spike's famed kick combo, and I think Cortez is out of it!"

Meanwhile, on the outside of the ring, Manson and Davis brawl. The two go back and forth, but soon Davis gains the advantage as he lifts Manson up in a bearhug and drives him back first into the steel ringpost. Manson collapses against it, but Davis doesn't allow him a moment of rest, as he attempts to whip Manson into the ringsteps. Manson reverses it though, and as Davis heads back towards him, Manson ducks down and gives Davis a drop toe hold into the steps! In the ring, as Cortez begins to stir, Jenkins ascends the turnbuckle. As Cortez rolls over to his side and gets to a knee, Spike prepares to jump off. However, Manson hops up onto the apron and trips him up, dropping him onto the top turnbuckle! Cortez gets to his feet and spots Jenkins bringing his legs back up over the ropes. Cortez ascends to meet Spike at the top, wraps his legs around Spike's head and brings him down with a frankensteiner! Meanwhile, as Davis recollects himself on the outside, Manson heads across the ring and launches himself over the top, taking him out. In the meantime, Cortez covers Jenkins, and Kivell dives down to count.

(Comet) Frankensteiner by Cortez, plancha by Manson!"

ONE!

TWO!!

THREE!!!!!

::DING DING!::

(Funyon) "Your winners, by pinfall… Todd Cortez and Manson!"

"Breathe" hits, as Manson rolls into the ring, holding his midsection. As Cortez and Manson get their hands raised by Kivell, they share a brief staredown, with the majority of the crowd chanting for Manson. Manson snarls slightly and turns, heading out of the ring and up the ramp, quietly passing Davis as he does so.

(Comet) "Manson and Cortez have done it! They came together and defeated common foes, but this'll all be put aside, I'm sure, when they meet in the Cold Front Classic!"

(Riley) "What an awful night. Cortez and Manson should have had no chance against Sean and Spike."

(Comet) "Perhaps not, but they managed to pull it together. Anyhow, we shall be back with more Lockdown, after this."

"We're moving right along at full speed ahead for this edition of Lockdown, Riley!" Comet calls. "Coming up next, three men who have a very little to do with each other up until this point will have to go up against each other in a First Fall Triple Threat match."

Riley scoffs. "I don't know why the people in the booking committee are wasting good talent like Max King and Stryke in this type of match when they have more important things that they should be dealing with."

"Maybe so, but these three competitors could all use a good victory here in this match, as it could help to propel their careers to higher portions." Comet notes.

"Perhaps. I just think that they should be doing something better..."

Riley's sentence ending is drowned out by the fireworks going off in the entryway, and "Superstar" playing over the speakers. From the entryway comes Max King and Kelly Connelly, all business tonight...Kelly wearing a blue business-suit to match King's ring attire.

Funyon: The following contest is a triple threat match scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, being accompanied to the ring by Kelly "The Queen" Connelly, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania...standing 6'3" tall and weighing in at 250 pounds..."THE ICON"...MAX...KIIIIIING!

"The Former Intercontinental Television Champion has not been having a good couple of days, Riley. Losing to Landon Maddix on two shows back to back, as well as Kelly losing her Women's Title to Megan Skye..." Comet begins...

"...have no bearing whatsoever on THIS match, Comet, so I don't think that you should mention it anymore. Right now, King is determined and focused on getting a win in this bout, showing that he's not going to be taken easily." Riley states.

"Well, at least we didn't have to hear Kelly's boisterous bragging..." Comet states, as Kelly holds the ropes open for King to enter the ring. The lyrics to "Superstar" are easily being drowned out by the crowd chanting "MAX KING SUCKS!" at the top of their lungs...

...and the boos only build up more as blue and silver pyro starts to go off, followed by the strains of "How Could I Just Kill A Man" starting to play over the speakers. The crowd's reaction doesn't improve one bit as the former two-time Hardcore champion makes his way towards the ring, smirking confidently as he does so.

Funyon: Participant number 2...from Sydney, Australia...standing 6'3" tall and weighing in at 234 pounds...STRYKE!

"The former 2-Time Hardcore Champion not getting that positive a reaction, as could have been expected." Comet states. "Now it's going to be interesting to see what both King and Stryke do in a match like this."

"HOPEFULLY, they'll both decide to just decimate that wimp in the form of David Cross and then they can concentrate on giving out a REAL match!" Riley comments as Stryke finally gets into the ring, both he and King looking intensely at each other. Two different types of wrestlers with two different types of fighting styles.

But with one thing in common between the two of them: a huge negative reaction from the crowd. That is, until the sounds of "Back On Earth" starts to play, causing cheers to FINALLY start to rise up from the crowd. Cross makes his way out of the entryway, the small bit of pyro typical for him exploding behind him.

Funyon: And finally, from Oil City, Pennsylvania...standing 6'5" tall and weighing in at 277 pounds...DAVID...CROOOOOSS!

"Easily the biggest man in this match, two inches taller than both King AND Stryke...but that could also make him the biggest target in this contest as well!" Comet notes. "Cross will have to be vary wary about the tactics of both Stryke and King..."

"If Cross was a smart match, he would just walk out of the match right now without getting himself killed." Riley states, as Cross gets up onto the ring apron and starts to step between the ring ropes. "Then again, I doubt that brains were some of Cross' stronger points."

"Cross is a competitor through and...WAIT! King attacking Cross with a knee to the head before the bell even rings, and this match is underway!"

*DING, DING, DING!*

King continues to try and strike away at the back of the neck of Cross before he can make his way completely through the ring ropes, and Stryke, seeing an opportunity, goes to join "The Icon" on the attack. Cross takes a good pummeling for a bit, however he manages to start fighting back, elbowing King in his abs first, following this up by forearming Stryke into the nearest ring corner, elbowing him in the face a few times as well. He grabs Stryke around the waist, about to fling him over his body with an overhead belly-to-belly suplex, however King quickly rushes to clothesline Cross in the back of the head, and right into the body of Stryke. King grabs Cross from behind around the waist, waiting to lift him up and over with a German Suplex onto the mat, but Cross manages to fight out of it with a few well placed elbow shots, causing King to break his hands in the hold and giving Cross enough time to turn around and hit King with his three leg attack combo (kick to gut, high knee, and crescent kick), causing King to fall on his back to the mat...and then goes to roll out of the ring to regroup. Cross turns around to go back onto the attack onto Stryke, however the former Hardcore champ apparently was well rested enough in the corner for this, kicking Cross into the gut and getting ready to lift him up for a suplex, struggling a bit but managing to get him over and dropping him down. Stryke gets back up to his feet, and looks out to the crowd a bit, a big smirk on his face as he does.

"Stryke may have gotten a momentary advantage, but I don't think it's wise for him to pose at this point in the match. Cross isn't going to go down with something that simple." Comet notes.

"That's OK, this is just giving the people something that they know that they want, but don't want to admit they want." Riley says. "And look how smart King is, staying out and watching to see what Stryke does..."

Stryke looks over to King on the outside, almost tauntingly so as he goes to turn around to go back onto the attack on Cross. All the time that he wasted allowed for Cross to get back up to his feet with plenty of time to spare...and Cross catches Stryke off guard with a classic double-leg wrestling takedown. Stryke tries to strike attack, but Cross manages to hold him back, locking one of Stryke's arms with his own arm, pulling over into a modified armbar on the mat. He moves to try to modify this move into something more, however King finally decides to get back into the ring at this moment, and catches Cross from behind with a low angle neckbreaker. Feeling confident, King decides to go for the first quick cover of the match...

One!

TWO!

Cross manages to kick out of the pining predicament though (with ease at that) and starts to quickly get up to his feet. King goes to knee him into the face to keep him down onto the mat, but Cross shows that he wasn't just playing with Stryke earlier as he shows the ring skills again, grabbing King's leg before it can hit him and dragging him over by the leg back down onto the mat, pulling into a side leg wrench!

"So far Riley, it seems that Cross is showing up two men that both seem to want a piece of him in this match!"

"Bah, give it time, Cross can't keep this up forever!" Riley protests, though there is some doubt in his voice about that statement.

Back in the ring, King is trying to roll out of the leg hold that Cross has him in, but Cross uses his slight strength advantage to hold the former ICTV Champion at bay. All seems to be going Cross' way for the moment, until Stryke uses the nearby ring ropes to get enough height off of the mat and nail Cross right in the face with a well placed dropkick that sends the big man (at least in this match) down, also releasing the hold on King's leg.

"See Comet, what did I tell you? You should know by now I'm always right when it comes to things like these in wrestling!" Riley states.

King gets back up to his feet, and Stryke seems to want to attack him in retaliation, however King holds up his hands suddenly, apparently trying to strike a deal with him in the middle of the ring.

The crowd, naturally, doesn't take too kindly to this, and they let both competitors know how they feel rather vociferously:

"YOU BOTH SUCK!"

"YOU BOTH SUCK!"

"YOU BOTH SUCK!"

"The crowd not taking too kindly to this, apparently wanting to see Stryke and King rip each other's heads off..." Comet notes....as Stryke and King smile in the middle of the ring before shaking each other's hands.

"But it doesn't matter what the people want in this case, Comet! It seems like we have an alliance on our hands now, and it's between Max King and Stryke!"

King and Stryke look back over to Cross, who is holding his jaw a bit in surprise from Stryke's dropkick, and quickly attack him like sharks who smell blood on the open sea. Cross tries to cover up as best as he can, but against two men it's kinda hard to block all of the attacks that are coming his way...King and Stryke wailing down on him with elbow and forearm shots into the sides, and when exposed his face as well. They manage to pummel him all the way to the mat, only to pull him back up to his feet again, and double team Irish Whipping him into the ring ropes. Cross tries to come back with a double clothesline attempt, but apparently the two hated superstars are ready for such an attempt, ducking it and getting behind him, lifting him up and over with a well executed double team German Suplex, dropping Cross right onto the back of his head. King stops Stryke before he can start posing again, and motions to a corner of the ring, the former Hardcore champion smiling as both he and King climb up to opposite corners...and leap off...King with a flying elbow drop, followed up by Stryke landing with a double stomp right into his chest! Cross starts convulsing a bit in the ring, rolling out of it either unwittingly or to try to get some recovery time for himself.

"Stryke and King have effectively taking David Cross out of the match for the moment, and now look at them both celebrating in the ring." Comet notes. "Needless to say, it's hard to hear myself talk over the jeers of the crowd..."

"...I'm sorry, what did you say Comet? Couldn't you hear you over this disrespectful crowd!" Riley notes.

King and Stryke stand back to back, posing confidently (much to the enjoyment of Kelly on the outside of the ring) and arrogantly in the middle of the ring. King stops his posing a bit, looking back out to the ring to David Cross...who is still struggling to get back up to his feet, while Stryke continues his posing, yelling at the crowd as he does so.

Styrke's yelling only manages to get him so far though, as King suddenly grabs Stryke from behind and drops him onto his knee with a reverse DDT. The crowd goes silent at this action, not sure what to make of this at the moment, as King quickly dives on top of Stryke for a pin!

One!

TWO!

Stryke manages to kick out, and the crowd lets out a loud 'oooh'...seemingly interested NOW in what will happen to the match with Stryke and King.

"Max King's double crossing tactics failed to net him the win that I know he was looking for at the moment, and I don't think that there's going to be another alliance between Stryke and King anytime soon!" Comet notes.

"...it WAS a good plan though. If only it had worked, that would have been one of the neatest moments in wrestling." Riley says. Back in the ring, King grabs the head of Stryke, wrapping his arm around Stryke's neck and pulling him back into the ring for a sleeper hold on the mat, apparently thinking that wearing out Stryke would be the right move at this point in the match. Stryke starts kicking and squirming with all of his might though, not about something as simple as a sleeper hold keep him down for the count.

"Come on King, keep Stryke down. You've kept Cross out of the match for the moment, you can get the win if you try!" Riley calls out.

On the outside of the ring, Cross is starting to get up, grabbing onto the side of the ring apron and starting to pull himself into it. Kelly is about to hit Cross on the back of the head with one of her shoes, however the referee sees that she's about to try it and he gets out of the ring, quickly going to badmouth her...despite her quick pleas of innocence. Kelly's failed attempt at interference allows for Cross to slide back into the ring and nail King in the side of the head with a stomp, breaking up the sleeper style hold. Stryke being down and almost out at the moment allows for Cross to make a good quick choice on who to attack...as he pulls Max King back up to his feet. King starts to back up a bit, apparently trying to talk his way out of getting into a confrontation with Cross. However, Cross isn't as willing to accept King's idea, and shows him that by tackling King into another ring corner, driving his shoulder right into King's rib area repeatedly now. King's body crushes into the corner at Cross' 270 plus pounds pressing into him, and is quickly running out of breath at this. Cross takes a few steps back, and King simply flops out of the corner onto his face, much to the delight of the crowd. Cross doesn't seem to be done at the moment, ready to walk over and drop some attackage onto King while he's down...but the one that he decided to leave prone strikes...as Stryke grabs Cross' ankles on the forward movement attempt, causing Cross to simply fall forward. Cross' height still manages to nail King into the shoulder with a headbutt, but that wasn't what he had planned. Stryke doesn't seem to really care either way, as he drops a back senton splash onto the back of Cross' shoulders, crashing both people's bodyweight into each other, as well as his own. Cross rolls over onto his back after the Senton, giving Stryke the perfect opportunity to get the pin cover!

One!

TWO!

Cross still manages somehow to get his shoulder up off of the mat.

"Grr, how is Cross doing this? Both King and Stryke have been beating onto him, and somehow he's still managing to fight like he has a chance of winning this contest!" Riley states.

"It's simple Riley, he DOES still have a chance to get the win into this match! This match is a long way from being over!" Comet notes.

Stryke starts to get up to his feet again, protesting to the referee that this match should be over at the moment. The referee keeps reiterating that the match was only a two count, and Stryke curses a bit at the moment. Reaching over, he tries to grab Cross by the hair to get him back up to his feet, but he doesn't get the chance to do too much as King reaches over, grabbing Strike by the ankle...not fully recovered by having two people's bodyweight crashing into his own body. Stryke kicks King away, reaching back over to pick up Cross...but Cross surprises Stryke by rolling him up quickly, hooking him into a tight cradle, keeping Stryke's shoulders down to the mat!

One!

TWO!

THRE...no, Stryke manages to kick out, but Cross is seemingly well enough to get back up onto his feet. Stryke and Cross both get back up to a vertical position, the latter of the two ducking the formers attempt at a clothesline, lifting him up afterwards and dropping him onto his knee with an atomic drop! Stryke stumbles a bit forward, and Cross grabs him once again, setting him into a pump-handle position, lifting him up and dropping him with a suplex from that position! Cross quickly dives on top for a cover!

One!

TWO!

"KING TO THE RESCUE!" Riley calls as "The Icon" suddenly seems to get a second wind out of nowhere, hitting Cross on the back of the neck and breaking up the pinning situation, much to the dismay of the crowd that thought that Cross was just about to get the win in this match. King grabs Cross by the back of his neck, pulling him up to his feet and tossing him into another corner, causing his back to hit into it. "The Icon" takes a quick chance, going to try to lift Cross onto the top turnbuckle, setting him onto it in a seated position. King climbs up, ready to lift the big guy over for a vertical suplex...but King gets a few punches in the chest as a retaliation from Cross. Cross knocks King down onto the ring apron again. Cross struggles a bit more, going to get back up to his feet onto the top rope, but not being used to being onto the top rope often, he starts to wobble a bit more. King quickly gets back up off of the mat, climbing back over and nailing Cross into the knee to knock him back into the seated position on the top rope! Taking no chance and not wasting any time, King grabs Cross and lifts him up for a vertical suplex, flipping over as he does and landing on top of him with his Superb-plex! King quickly locks the legs up for the cover, a big smile on his face as he believes that it's going to get the win for him!

One!

TWO!

Stryke comes out of NOWHERE and headbutts King into the side, knocking him off of Cross to keep the match going on for at least a little while longer. Stryke, thinking that Cross is still too out of it to do anything to get free, hooks him up with a pin cover of his own!

One!

TWO!

But this time it's King who pulls Stryke off of Cross, pulling him back up and nailing him with a European style uppercut!

"That's the way King, show that punk Stryke that you're the one that deserves the win in this match!" Riley calls out.

"...I thought that you were a FAN of Stryke, Riley..." Comet states.

"I am, but I like King just a bit more." Riley replies as King tosses Stryke out of the ring, apparently ready to go back to the attack on Cross. Before he gets too far though, Stryke...who landed only on his side and managed to get up rather quickly, pulls King out of the ring hard, making sure that King is still facing the ring apron as he starts to kick away at King's back! King tries to turn around, but doesn't get the chance to as Stryke wraps his arms around the neck of "The Icon", climbing up onto the ring apron in a pulling motion...then leaping off of the apron with a sleeper drop right onto the arena floor...much to the surprise and slight happiness of the capacity crowd!

"What does Stryke think he's doing in this match!?" Riley calls. "King hasn't done anything to deserve such treatment in this contest! There was no call for that!"

"Well, I guess that Stryke is still upset that King tried to screw Stryke over by sneaking in the victory like he did. Now King has paid the price for it!" Comet notes, the camera showing Max King holding the back of his neck while on the arena floor and Kelly Connelly rushing over to check on him as he does. Back into the ring, Stryke slides in, using the ring ropes to lean over and laugh at King, apparently mocking him a bit at the fact that he was dropped down like he was. Stryke is still smiles when he turns around...

*SMACK!*

...and gets hit right into the face with a big boot by a standing David Cross!

YEAAAAAAAAAH!

While the fans did seem to enjoy seeing Stryke drop King on the outside, that doesn't mean they aren't happy to see Stryke drop like a rock onto the mat after getting a boot right into the jaw! Cross doesn't let this move alone keep the finish set for the match, grabbing one of Stryke's arms and pulling him up to his feet, and IMMEDIATELY afterwards blasting him with a short arm lariato!

"You know what that move is usually a set up for, Riley! I think that David Cross sees the end very near in the future of this contest!" Comet states.

"We better not get this...PLEASE don't let THIS guy get the win in this match! Anyone but him!" Riley calls as Cross picks Stryke up to his feet into the powerbomb position.

"It looks like it's time...Cross is apparently going to hit the Black Mass onto Stryke, and he's going to get the win in this tough, grueling Triple Threat match!" Comet calls. Cross lifts Stryke up, holding him up for the crowd to see. The referee is looking up, calling for Cross to let Stryke down...

...leaving him unaware as Kelly quickly reaches into the ring, taking a moment to stop looking over King on the outside to pull HARD onto Cross' ankle, causing him to go off balance and drop Stryke, but not with the force of the Black Mess like he had originally planned. Kelly quickly takes a step back and looks back over to King, pretending like nothing had happened, but Cross seems to know better on the outside of the ring. Seeing that Stryke isn't likely to get up anytime soon, Cross slides back out of the ring and walks right up to the leggy red-headed manageress.

"...now wait just a minute Cross, don’t think about doing something that you may regret later!" Riley calls out. "Attacking a poor, defenseless woman like Kelly..."

"...would probably make Cross feel a lot better about himself right now, especially after the trick that she pulled just a few seconds ago!" Comet says as Cross grabs Kelly by the hair, pulling her away from King. Kelly eeps, struggling, kicking, and squirming like crazy to get out of the hold, but Cross doesn't seem ready to do that. He shoves Kelly's head between his legs (...no, not like that, you perverted people), setting her up in the position to nail HER with the Black Mess on the outside of the ring!

"NO! Not this! This is just..." Riley begins...then cheers amidst the jeering of the audience watching the match, as Max King dives in and tackles Cross right into his knees, allowing for Kelly to land into a sitting position right on top of Cross' face.

"...now THAT was injustice there, Riley!" Comet calls. "Kelly was just being used as a distraction on the outside of the ring so King could get in a sneak attack!"

"...hey, it was CROSS' choice to come on the outside of the ring, Comet. If he had been halfway intelligent, he would have stayed inside and continued the match, and left poor, defenseless Kelly alone!"

However, the referee seems to be siding with Comet's view of the situation in this case, sliding out of the ring and getting right back into Kelly's face. Kelly starts arguing with the referee as Cross tries to get up, King kicking him into the side of the head as he slides back into the ring to see the squirming Stryke on the ground. Looking back and seeing that the referee is still distracted with his manager on the outside (and guys, who can really blame him?), King reaches into his boot, pulling out something and putting it onto his fist.

"Riley, look! King has just pulled out a pair of Brass Knuckles! And the referee is completely oblivious to the fact!" Comet states.

"Good, this will be King's chance to get revenge on Stryke for that uncalled for Sleeper-drop on the floor!" Riley states.

King rubs the knuckles a bit, all smiles...knowing that there's a very good chance for him to now get the win in this contest if he can just connect Stryke in the head. With Stryke back on his feet and facing him, King takes a hard, measured swing right to Stryke's face...but gets nothing but air as Stryke ducks out of the way! Stryke hooks King while he's off balance into a pumphandle position in the middle of the ring, struggling a bit as he lifts King up, and drops him right into the ring with his pumphandle piledriver!

"Stryke with the Low-End Theory! Stryke has just dropped Max King on his head with a surprise Low-End Theory! And now he's going for the cover, Riley! This is over..."

"But look at the referee! He's too busy checking out Kelly on the outside to realize that this match is over! I would NEVER be that distracted if I was a referee!" Riley notes.

"Right, you'd be even MORE distracted by the rest of the competitors." Comet states with a slight chuckle in his voice. Stryke, hearing no count as he holds King down in the ring for what would have been LONG past a three count, gets up and looks, seeing that Kelly still has the referee distracted. He slides out of the ring, and pulls the referee away from the leggy redhead, about to protest with him about not doing his job. Stryke seems to forget rather quickly, however, about the third man that is in this match, as Cross grabs Stryke by the legs and lifts him up and down with a spinebuster on the floor! Back in the ring, Kelly has taken a pitcher of water, and dumps it right onto King's face, pretty easily reviving him! King looks out to the outside of the ring, where Cross is lifting Stryke back into the ring and rolling in after. King, seeing these two getting back into the ring, makes a strategic withdraw, sliding out of the ring as if he is still hurting (which he just might be because of the Low-End Theory), allowing these two to continue the match for them for the moment.

"What a coward Max King is being right now!" Comet says. "He's afraid to..."

"He's not afraid, Comet! He's playing it smart right now! He's waiting for just the right moment to get into the ring to attack!"

Cross and Stryke start to both stand up into the ring, the larger of the two of them grabbing Stryke by the head and starting to ram Stryke's head into the turnbuckle. Stryke's head bounces like a basketball on the top turnbuckle. Stryke doesn't take too kindly to this (who would?) and he quickly swings his leg back, managing to catch Cross right between the legs with a well placed kick. No matter how big someone is, that is enough to knock him back holding his area in pain.

"Cross is wobbling by that low kick...lucky for him that the referee didn't notice it..." Comet notes. "But that's only part of the problem...now Stryke has to find a way to put Cross down for the count if he wants to win."

"He will, or something even better might happen!" Riley says, Stryke climbing up to the second turnbuckle and waiting for Cross to get close enough. When he is, the former Hardcore Champ dives off the second rope, flying over in a forward roll into a neckbreaker! Taking a chance, he goes over and goes for the cover!

One!

TWO!

THREE...NO!

"How the hell did Cross get his shoulder up in time?" Riley asks, very angry at the fact that he manages to get up.

"He's got a great determination and fighting spirit, that's why!" Comet says, as Cross gets back up to a seated position. King just kneels on the outside of the ring, waiting for the right moment, staying hidden from the other two competitors as they fight. Stryke glares down at Cross, trying again for his rolling neckbreaker from the second rope, waiting for the right moment to strike down. Cross turns around, and Stryke leaps off, attempting to attack again...but only gets a big boot right into the chest for his trouble! Cross doesn't waste any time though, setting Stryke up once again, and in one fluid motion drops him down with his spinebuster from a powerbomb position.

"BLACK MASS!" Comet calls after the move is hit. "Cross hit the Black Mass onto Stryke right in the middle of the ring, and this match is over Riley! Cross is going...."

"No he isn't either! Look!" Riley calls out!

As Cross is JUST about to go over to pin Stryke, who looks next to dead in the middle of the ring, King...still with the brass knuckles on his hand from earlier, strikes Cross HARD into the small of the back, causing him to bend backwards in pain. Sneaking the knuckles back into his tights quickly, King hooks Cross up, and before he can realize what's happening, drops Cross down onto the mat with a King Buster! With Strike still down, King quickly hooks up both of Cross' legs, holding on for a cover!

One!

TWO!

THREE!!!

*DING, DING, DING!*

BOOOOOOOOOOO!

"Superstar" starts to play over the speakers once again, and King stands up proudly with a smile, Kelly sliding into the ring to jump into his arms as a victory present.

Funyon: Here is your winner, "THE ICON"...MAX...KIIIIING!

"See Comet, what did I tell you?" Riley calls. "Max King waited for just the right moment, striking when the time is right, and he got a well deserved win in this match!"

"...you have a very warped sense of what is right and wrong, you know that Riley? King used those brass knuckles right into Cross' back...if it wasn't for that I think that King wouldn't have been as lucky as he was." Comet notes.

Riley tisks a bit. "That wasn't luck, Comet. That was smarts. And it's those smarts that will bring King back to the top where he belongs!"

The camera shows both Cross and Stryke, both down and hurting in the middle of the ring, trying to get back up but not doing so well. The camera then cuts back to King and Kelly, who are smiling widely...laughing at the state of King's opponents in the ring as the two of them leave.

“Okay, so who the bloody hell is this ‘Ghost’ twat?”

The question could only come from one man, and that man is sitting with the World Heavyweight Title over his knees as the rest of Revolution Zero lounge around. They’ve received good treatment in Denver; one of the star dressing rooms has been set aside for their sole use, and all of them are currently enjoying the comforts of the leather armchairs while sampling various delights from the mini-bar (although Toxxic and Spike are sticking to Coke and water respectively).

“I thought it was Mike Van Siclen?” Marcus asks, but Toxxic shakes his head dismissively.

“I don’t think so,” the Straight-Edge Sensation replies, then looks over at the Perfect Storm. “Sean? You’ve wrestled Mike several times; opinions?”

“No way,” the big man rumbles. “He doesn’t seem tall enough, and he’s quicker than Van Siclen. There’s no way Mike would have been able to hit a suicide moonsault.”

“Right, so he’s someone pretending to be Mike Van Siclen,” Spike cuts in. “Who else do we know who hangs around with Cortez? Masked Man? Could be the same guy, different mask.”

“I’m not seeing Mask doing a suicide moonsault either,” Toxxic muses, and Sean nods in agreement. “You know,” the World Champion continues, “I had thought it might be Clark, but he’s facing Ghost tonight so unless one of them gets lost or is mysteriously injured beforehand...”

“Clark?” Spike asks in surprise. “Why Clark?”

“Think about it,” Toxxic answers. “Alan Clark makes his non-awaited return, faces me and gets his arse handed to him. What better way for the Psycho Hippy to get me back and ‘get in my head’ than pretend to be the guy I supposedly retired?”

“I dunno,” Spike says doubtfully, “seems like a weird idea...”

“We’re talking about Clark,” Sacred says quietly.

“Dude,” Spike turns to look at the Australian, then reluctantly nods in agreement, “point taken.”

“So if it’s none of them, who is it?” Jet asks from the far corner where she has, against all logic, managed to make herself comfortable on an antiquated jukebox. Toxxic shrugs in bewilderment.

“Who knows. Sean, made any enemies recently?”

“You mean besides the entire state of Florida?” the big man retorts, snorting a humourless laugh. “None I can think of.”

“Right,” Toxxic says, thinking hard. “Ah, but until I pulled a bit of weight as World Champion our team at Ashes 2 Ashes was going to be Sean and Spike, so when Cortez asked for the match that’s who he was expecting to face. Maybe ‘Ghost’ was gunning for Spike.” He turns and looks at the Cruiserweight Champion. “Spike, how about you?”

“Dude, every cruiserweight’s envious of me,” Spike replies, “but I can’t think of one in particular.”

There is a depressed silence for a few moments.

“What about the man you won the belt from?” Sacred suddenly asks, looking directly at Spike for the first time. “Ryan Dustin, wasn’t it?” Spike’s eyes go wide in realisation.

“That’s gotta be it!” he exclaims, almost spilling his drink. “He’s the right height, the right weight-”

“-quick enough to do the moonsault-” Sean interjects.

“-and he’s old enough and experienced enough to copy Mike’s moves!” Toxxic finishes excitedly.

“Plus he hasn’t been seen since Spike beat him,” Marcus Washington adds, “so no-one would expect it to be him.” Toxxic grins his lopsided grin as Revolution Zero look around at each other, pleased at having worked it out.

“Guys... that is the benefit of teamwork,” the Straight-Edge Sensation states, standing up. “Well now - now we know who it is we’re going to be kicking twelve kinds of shit out of, who fancies joining me in a stroll to the ring? There’s a tag match I feel we should look in on.”

“Are we just getting Ghost, or can we take out Clark too?” Spike asks hopefully. Toxxic smiles indulgently.

“Consider it ‘Open Season’.” He waves the Cruiserweight Champion through the door. “After you.”

Spike steps forward, but finds himself face-to-face with Sacred who was taking the World Champion’s gesture as being directed at him. For a moment the two men just look at each other, but then Sacred smiles faintly.

“I hope you’re not cut up about the fact I lasted longer than you in the Battle Royal,” the Australian says. Spike just smiles back, although it doesn’t reach his eyes.

“Dude, that’s no problem,” he assures the former World Champion, clapping him on the shoulder perhaps slightly harder than necessary and stepping through the door. “After all,” he continues over his shoulder as Revolution Zero start to file down the corridor, “if you get far enough I can just beat you in the tournament anyway!”

Toxxic looks back at Jet, who rolls her eyes despairingly.

“Well, it’s a start,” the Straight-Edge Sensation says, following the other three out.

****SWF IN REVIEW!!!****

As Lockdown comes back from the commercial break, the screen shows a replay of the events that took place at Ashes II Ashes, with a masked man know referred to as The Ghost appeared and helped “The Urban Legend” Todd Cortez defeat Revolution Zero’s Sean Davis and their newest member “Sacred” Andrew Blackwell. The voices of Comet and Riley can be heard over the clips, though mostly it is all of the accusations put forth by Bobby Riley about the masked man’s identity.

….

Cut to a few days ago, as Andrea Montgomery finds herself teaming up with The Ghost to take on Austin Sly and Kaine, only for even more of the accusations to fly, and this time the Ghost really gives Bobby Riley and the rest of the SWF something to think about, as the masked figure pulls an old stand-by out of his pocket, winning the match with a move that every fan knows – The Riot Act.

As the Smarktron fades out to the image of Cyclone Comet and Bobby Riley at the Lockdown announce table, the masked face of the Ghost flashes across the screen once more.

****SWF IN REVIEW!!!****

“Welcome back to SWF LOCKDOWN, citizens!!” The voice of the venerable Cyclone Comet welcomes viewers back to the show. “What you just saw is a brief history of the man that has come to be called “The Ghost”, debuting at Ashes To…”

“Mike Van Siclen debuted years ago and you know that, Comet!”

“Ahem, as I was saying…The Ghost debuted at Ashes To Ashes and has made his presence felt since then, and tonight he teams up with Andrea Montgomery for a second time, and this time there is a title shot on the line!!”

“I’ll bet Todd Cortez is fuming over that and has been all night. He got stuck teaming with Manson while his old partner gets all the girls!!” Riley tries to continue, but Comet cuts him off.

“Speaking of the girls, Robert, their opponents are somewhat of an odd team…two returnees in recent weeks, both of whom have fallen to Our World Champion Toxxic in their short time back.”

“Well that isn’t exactly shocking news, you buffoon! EVERYBODY loses to Our World Champion!!”

“Ladies and Gentlemen…” Funyon’s voice booms through the rafters, cutting off the duo, “…the following contest is scheduled for ONE FALL and will determine the NUMBER ONE CONTENDERS to the SWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP!”

”Oh you know Cross and Fury are watching this one right now…” Comet begins, almost psychically as a small box appears in the corner of the screen, showing the tag champs watching a monitor backstage.

“Introducing first…he hails from Long Beach, California…”

The arena drops into darkness, and the face of Alan Clark appears on the Smarktron, his signature smirk on his face.

Pardon me while I burst….

BOOOOOM!!

“….ALAN CLAAAAAAAAAAAAARK!”

Pyro explodes from the entranceway, bringing the crowd to their feet as Alan Clark rushes from behind the curtain, the smirk still on his face as he burns rubber to the ring, slapping a few high fives as he goes.

“Look at that hippy go!”

“Now, now, Robert…this is only his second match since coming back, and he has to team with…”

"I GET WET WHEN A PARTY HAS STARTED!"

"I GET WET! WITHOUT EVEN TRYING!"

"I GET WET! I GET WET! I GET WET! I GET WET!

“Must be short on time or something…”

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Almost before Alan can get to the ring, his music suddenly changes to the explosive high-octane freak-of-the-week frat party sound of Andrew WK, and everybody knows who is heading to the ring.

“…and his partner, she hails from Tokyo, Japan…”

“Every time I hear this music, I can’t help but get a little wet, Comet!!”

“Thanks but no thanks for the info, Robert!!”

“…ANNIE ECLEEEEEEEEEEECTIC!!!”

The two commentators nearly have to yell over the music as The Hardcore Queen herself repeating the dash of Alan Clark, sprinting like a (lesbian) maniac toward the ring, all the while wielding her infamous kendo stick, and sliding under the bottom rope, coming to a stop only a few feet before colliding with Alan. Clark can’t help but jump back a bit as Annie stands to her feet and tosses the stick over his shoulder and to the outside of the ring.

“Wow, even her partner is scared of her…I wouldn’t want to be in Andrea’s or Van Siclen’s shoes tonight!”

“I wouldn’t mind being in Mike’s, Robert…since he’s retired and not sitting next to you…” The brash comment draws the ire of Riley…

“He’s not retired!!! How many times do I have to-“

“I know I know, just shut up about it…” The Comet stops as Andrew WK is replaced with another pop punk sound…No Doubt.

”Well I’m just a girl…”

“And their opponents… introducing first from Bixoli, Mississippi… ANDREA MONTGOMERY!!”

As Funyon finishes, Andrea finally steps through the curtain and the pyrotechnics, the lights shining down on her as she heads to the ring, keeping an eye on Alan and Annie. But even her opponents are weary, checking over their shoulder the closer she gets.

“Look at that, they aren’t going to fall for the same trick Austin and Kaine did!”

“Did you expect them too?”

“Well…maybe Clark.” Riley snickers as Andrea once again stays on the outside of the ring and turns her attention to the entranceway, waving with her hand. Her music suddenly turns to static, but instead of Nada Surf, the fans are treated to an entirely different sound…

…the echo of a guitar…

…the smooth saxophone…

…a complete explosion of drum warfare…

BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG!!

Four flames of blue and white pyro fire from the stage, and out from the smoke the fans, Andrea, Alan, Annie, Bobby, and the Comet can make out two shadows standing there, motionless.

“What in the hell…” Bobby starts, but the fans are way ahead of them…

“BOUL-EH-VARD! BOUL-EH-VARD!”

“Oh no…”

“OH YES, ROBERT!”

The smoke clears around the first character, revealing the Ghost standing there, is eyes fixed on the ring but his hand pointing to his left, where the smoke has just about completely disappeared from around the body of… TODD CORTEZ!!

“BOUL-EH-VARD! BOUL-EH-VARD!”

“…and her partner…coming to the ring at this time and being accompanied by “The Urban Legend” Todd Cortez…. Here is… THE GHOOOOOOST!”

“I told you! I told you all!” Riley’s head nearly caves in with excitement as Cortez and the Ghost high-five each other, but Todd then disappears backstage, leaving the masked man to head to the ring alone.

“You haven’t proved anything to me, Bobbo…show me the face under the mask and I’ll believe it. Until then, you haven’t proved a thing to me.”

“I can show you that face. That’s e-a-s-y.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah, just let me find my Mike Van Siclen signature series sports cards around here…” Riley begins rummaging around the announce-table as the Ghost pulls Annie off of Andrea and throws her in the ring, but as the masked man rolls in after her, Alan Clark is right on top of him, pounding him down with hard kicks. Sexton Hardcastle, referee extraordinaire, yells for the bell to be rung as he signals Andrea and Annie to their corners.

DING DING DING!!

“It looks like Alan Clark and the Ghost are starting this one off after Annie started it on the outside with Andrea…” Comet remarks as the two men square off, into a collar-and-elbow tie-up. The two stay pinned together, neither giving up an inch of the mat as they push and pull and jockey for any kind of position.

Without warning, The Ghost pulls back, unwrapping his arms with lightning quickness and causing Alan’s hard push to become a bad trip to the canvas. The crowd can’t help but laugh as Alan’s body hits the mat, but he is up in a flash only to find the Ghost staring at him, pointing to his head.

“That’s pathetic. Van Siclen thinks he’s smarter than Alan Clark! Hell, my Van Siclen sports card is smarter than Alan freaking Clark!”

“Stop it with that Van Siclen this and that garbage!” Comet yells back as Alan lunges at the Ghost, connecting shoulder-to-masked-man-midsection and pushing him into the corner. Alan quickly moves the other side of the ring…

SLAP!

…and turns, running back toward the corner…

OOMPH!!

…only to be caught right in the jaw by the feet of a flying Andrea Montgomery!

“That stupid hippy fool, he shoved the Ghost right into his own corner and he took a good shot in the mouth for it!”

“If anyone needs a shot in the mouth….” Comet begins, but quickly cuts himself off as the Ghost calls for Andrea to pick Clark up and use her head as a jawbreaker…

“OH MY GOD! Van Siclen wants Varsity Blues NOW!!” Riley yells as Andrea grabs Alan by the head and gets in position, but the dropkick was definitely not enough to take Clark down, and as the Ghost comes in for the kick, Alan shoves Andrea down and ducks…

WHIFF!!

“The Ghost missed!!” Comet cries as the masked man flails, only to be caught by the back of the head and driven to the canvas, his head striking the mat loudly. The referee tries to get the Ghost to take his corner, and as Clark turns to look for Andrea he gets a good view of her…….foot smashing against his jaw.

“Van Siclen might have missed, but Andrea sure didn’t! YEOOOWCH!” Riley winces as Alan slumps to the canvas and Andrea covers him…

“ONE! TWO!” the crowd counts, but the referee is still busy with the Ghost, who is unknowningly keeping his team from a possible winning pinfall. The referee finally turns around, just as Annie drives her elbow down into the top of Andrea’s head, causing her to roll off of Alan and break up any kind of pin attempt she had.

”In your corner!” Hardcastle yells as Andrea gets to her feet, her eyes on fire as she dives over the referee and attacks, knocking the Hardcore Queen down with a vicious clothesline. The crowd pops loudly as Andrea stands, taking some flak from Sexton as she verbally taunts Annie, only to suddenly find herself being pulled backwards and down to the mat!!

THUMP!

One!

Two!

KICKOUT!!

“You have got to be kidding me! Alan Clark nearly stole a win with that roll-up!” Riley calls as Andrea flips backwards off her shoulders and up to her feet, catching Alan Clark off guard with another explosive clothesline. Clark hits the canvas and Andrea keeps running, leaping up to the top rope right next to Annie and springboarding into action, flipping backwards almost a complete revolution and bringing all her weight down across Alan’s chest!

“Beautiful moonsault from the veteran…and a cover!!”

One!

Two!

Thr—Broken up by Annie!!

“Had they been on the other side of the ring this match could have been over right there!”

”You don’t think Alan would have kicked out?” Comet questions, and in the corner of the screen the fans at home can see Riley enthusiastically shaking his head as Sexton once more tries to get Annie out of the ring, all the while Andrea stands, looking over her shoulder as she drags Alan across the ring and into her own territory, tagging in her partner who does not even leave his place on the apron, grabbing Alan by the head and shoving him down to the canvas. Sexton scolds, but can do nothing as Andrea steps out of the ring and the Ghost leaps over the top rope, sitting his body out and driving his leg across the back of Alan’s neck.

”See, that’s how a tag team is supposed to function right there, I can only imagine what Van Siclen would be doing if Cortez was on the apron instead of Andrea.”

“You just will not stop will you?” Comet remarks as the Ghost drags Alan to his feet and whips him into the ropes, putting as much power behind it as he can. Clark hits the ropes hard and comes back, ducking under the masked clothesline and spinning around in mid-run, catching the Ghost square in the gut with a hard kick. Alan takes the opportunity to move to a neutral corner, shoving the masked man hard into the turnbuckles and giving him another quick kick. Alan smiles to himself and steps away a bit, but not so far as to cause him to get kicked in the face by a flying female. With his opponent stunned for just long enough, Alan calls loudly for the crowd to grab their cameras before leaping up and planting his feet into the Ghost’s chest before pushing off with authority, flipping backwards off his body and landing perfectly on his feet.

“Just as the name Kodak Moment says,” starts The Comet, “…I saw a few flashbulbs pop out there!” But the Ghost was not one of the few looking for a good picture taking opportunity, and just as Alan hits his feet he is taken down to his back, as the masked man rushes past him, grabbing him by the head and slamming him down to the mat.

“So what…that was the REAL Kodak Moment right there…watching the back of that hippy’s head nearly get caved in!”

“Are you saying that you support the Ghost, Robert?”

“Hell no, I’m not going to support that lying and cheating Van Siclen…but I know that I do NOT support that hippy Clark, and any pain to him is a good good time for me.”

“I just can not win with you…” Comet says as the Ghost goes back on the offensive, sliding his legs out from under his own body and falling to the mat, driving his elbow into Alan’s chest before going for a quick cover…

One!

Two!

BROKEN UP BY ANNIE AGAIN!!

The Hardcore Queen once again makes her presence known, kicking the Ghost off of her partner. Sexton is forced to restrain Eclectic, having to almost pull her back to her corner.

With Hardcastle distracted, the Ghost rushes to the other side of the ring, dragging Alan by his arms to the other side of the ring and into his corner. When Sexton finally turns around, The Ghost haphazardly tags in his partner, taking her place on the apron as she enters the ring and goes to work on Alan, picking him up and shoving him into the corner before going wild with strikes…

SMACK!

SMACK!

JAB!

Alan tries to fight out of the corner, but Andrea steps out and jumps into the air, twisting her body like a top and kicking Clark straight back into the corner. As Andrea pops back up to her feet, she quickly tags her partner back into the ring.

“Look at this, Robert, the two of them are showing very good tag team skills, both of them tagging in and out and keeping Alan Clark pinned in the corner. The Ghost hops into the ring and reaches for Clark’s wrist, pulling him out of the corner and aiming to whip him across the ring, but Clark has had enough punishment for the moment and turns it around, keeping his hand around the Ghost’s wrist and pulling him in to meet head on with his knee.

The hard gut-shot knocks the wind out of the masked wrestler, putting him in perfect position for Clark to wrap his left arm around his neck and clutch at his tights with the right. With a loud grunt, Alan snaps the Ghost over his head with a hard suplex…

SMACK!

The Ghost’s back hits the canvas hard, but Clark is not done yet. With a swivel of his hips he gets his knees back under him and keeps the facelock applied, pulling the Ghost back up to his feet before suplexing him once more, holding him in the air and turning his body slowly, drawing all of the blood down and into the head of the masked man….

…SMACK!

Alan falls back once again, completing the second suplex. The crowd cheers as Alan once again rolls his body, getting his weight underneath him again and pulling the Ghost up and toward the ropes. With the crowd cheering and chanting for the retired Coy West, Alan lifts the Ghost’s feet into the air and drops his midsection across the top rope with a …

SPRRRRROOOOOOOOIIIIINNNNGGGGG!

…before lifting him over his head and driving him into the canvas with a third suplex!

“Alan Clark calls that the Multi-Plex…though I doubt you can see any good films there!” Comet’s joke whooshs over Bobby’s head as Alan gets to his feet and heads to the corner, finally tagging in his partner as the Ghost is laid out in the middle of the ring.

“Van Siclen is down and Annie’s eyes are virgin cherry red with anger as she has waited on the apron for her chance!!”

“That is just disgusting, Robert!!” Comet hides his eyes, almost too early as the lights in the arena suddenly drop completely out and the Smarktron goes white…

‘WEL-WEL-W-W-WELCOME TO THE REVOLUTION!’

“Oh no...” Comet breathes.

The brutal guitars of ‘Battle Ready’ by Otep kick up over the PA system, and as the drums come crashing in twin bolts of lightning seem to strike down from the heavens and ignite blasts of red and gold pyro across the soundstage.

*BOOOM!!*

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

The Denver crowd expresses its rage at the match being interrupted, but the thoughts of the SWF fans are far from the minds of the quartet who have just stepped out through the smoke sent up by the pyrotechnics. Toxxic leads the way with Spike and Sean flanking him slightly behind and Sacred bringing up the rear of the loose diamond formation.

“Citizens, this could be about to get very ugly indeed,” Comet says worriedly as Revolution Zero advance on the ring, eyes all fixed on the mysterious masked figure of Ghost. “I don’t know what these criminals want, but-”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Riley asks in delight as Toxxic hops up to the ring apron. “They’ve had enough of people getting in their way, and the most dominant group in the SWF are making a stand!”

Annie has turned to see what all the commotion is about and her eyes widen as she sees her opponent from Ashes 2 Ashes standing there. It is clear from the look on Toxxic’s face that the memory of their handshake in Manchester is a long way away; he glances at Annie briefly, then looks past her again as Ghost starts to push himself up to all-fours. Meanwhile Alan Clark and Andrea Montgomery are looking on in startled disbelief as well. Revolution Zero’s music fades away and Toxxic goes to step through the ropes-

-and Annie moves to stand in his way.

“YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“ANN-IE!”

“ANN-IE!”

The World Champion looks at Onita, seeming to see her for the first time. Annie has her hands on her hips and is clearly unimpressed at Toxxic’s entrance, and isn’t backing down even when the rest of the straight-edger’s stable climb up and start to make their way into the ring. Toxxic, still staring Annie straight in the eye, raises a black-nailed finger and points past her to Ghost.

“We’ve come for him,” the Brit says. His voice faintly audible over the ring mics, but even for those who can’t hear him the meaning is obvious enough.

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

Annie turns her head to look at her opponent, then looks back at Toxxic, smiles, and says a single word.

“No.”

“ANN-IE!”

“ANN-IE!”

Toxxic seems slightly puzzled by the Hardcore Queen’s word and turns to look at Spike Jenkins. The two straight-edgers share a glance for a moment... then both of them take one smart step sideways and nail Annie in the jaw with stereo superkicks!

*WHAP!!*

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

“Miscreants! Criminals!” Comet shouts, but the superhero’s tirade is drowned out by the explosion of crowd noise as all hell breaks loose in the ring! Alan Clark jumps over the ropes and charges as he sees his tag partner attacked but Spike simply sidesteps him and then floors him with an STO that leaves Clark gasping for breath.

Andrea comes from nowhere and springboards off the ropes, nailing a dropkick on Toxxic, but the moment she tries to stand she finds two strong arms pinning hers uselessly as Sean Davis locks in a full nelson. Montgomery struggles for all she’s worth, but although the Perfect Storm does not sit forward into the Avalanche he has her trapped and motionless. Meanwhile Sacred, who on the way to the ring has found a steel chair from somewhere, steps forward and raises it into the air-

*CRACK!*

-then brings it down on Ghost’s back! The masked wrestler collapses back to the mat writhing in pain, but the Sacred One hasn’t finished yet. Blackwell drops the chair on the canvas before picking Ghost up, hooking him in a Tiger Neck Chancre and then-

*BANG!*

-drives him down onto the chair with the Cruel Fate!

“This is an outrage!” Comet bellows. “This is simply a mugging; there is no other word for such despicable-”

“Ah, shut up and enjoy the show,” Riley snaps, leaning back in his chair and taking a long swig of PepsiMax.

Toxxic is back up and not looking happy at the fact he got dropkicked in the head. With a grunt the Straight-Edge Sensation hauls Annie up to her feet, then shoves her into Spike who snares the groggy Hardcore Queen in a double chickenwing. Meanwhile Toxxic has grabbed Clark and simply dumps him over the top rope to the floor!

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

The World Champion leans down and hooks his fingers under Ghost’s mask, preparing to en the mystery... but suddenly a commotion to his left draws his attention away.

“What the hell are you waiting for?” Spike is yelling at Sacred as he holds Annie captive, “just hit her, will you?” But Blackwell is holding up his hands, adamantly declaring that he wants no part of it. Spike starts shouting louder, and after a couple of seconds he pushes Annie away down to the mat and steps forward to confront the Sacred One. Sacred isn’t shouting but is also not going to let Spike talk to him like that, and the two Rev-0 members end up nose-to-nose as Toxxic and Sean look on in confusion...

*CHING!!*

...which is when Andrea realises her captor’s attention is elsewhere and slams a mule kick up between his legs! Sean’s grips relaxes and the big man staggers forward clutching his genitalia, but Andrea doesn’t rest on her laurels as the agile superstar turns around and jumps into the air to crack a gamengiri into the side of his head, speeding Davis’ fall to the mat! Toxxic leaps up, all thoughts of Ghost’s mask forgotten as he turns to attack the escaped Montgomery-

-WHICH IS WHEN TODD CORTEZ HITS THE RING WITH A STEEL CHAIR!

“YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

*CRACK!*

The Urban Legend pastes Toxxic in the head with his equaliser, dropping the World Champion like a rock! Without bothering about the wounded Davis, Cortez turns and nails Sacred as well before swinging for Spike. Spike has had a little more warning and so manages to duck Cortez’ shot, but simply turns around into Alan Clark who has found Annie’s kendo stick and returned to the ring!

*CRACK!*

Spike staggers back and Clark throws the weapon over his head to the rising Annie, who catches it and swings for Spike’s back-

*CRACK!*

-and Spike bails, dragging Toxxic with him as he goes! Sean Davis has already rolled out of the ring anyway and Sacred manages to wriggle through Annie’s legs to make the safety of the floor as well.

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

“TOXX-IC SUCKS!”

The four Revolution Zero members retreat up the ramp nursing their bumps, but Toxxic has enough sense left in his head to point past the triumphant figures in the ring at the downed Ghost. Alarmed, Todd Cortez suddenly seems to see what has happened to the masked man and he bends down to see exactly how bad the damage is as Toxxic’s face breaks into a pained but familiar lopsided grin.

“Thank heavens for Citizen Cortez, who has helped JUSTICE~ prevail!” Comet declares in ringing tones.

“Revolution Zero might not have unmasked him, but they’ve hurt him!” Riley shoots back. “Just you wait Comet, they’ll get him soon! You can’t stop the Revolution!”

Lockdown heads to commercial as Annie and Andrea stand united for a moment at the edge of the ring, Annie with kendo stick and Andrea with chair as Alan and Todd stand over the Ghost in the background, all four of them staring dead at Revolution Zero.

FADE OUT

“Welcome back folks!” says Cyclone Comet as the picture opens back up to the bustling Pepsi Center in Denver, CO. “Tonight has been a very eventful night, but there’s still two more matches to go on tonight’s card. The first of them being a Cruiserweight Title contendership match, featuring former champion Austin Sly and the youngster Kaine.” Comet informs everyone. “Last week they were a losing tag team and now they’re facing each other huh…” Riley comments. “That’s right Riley. Now one of these citizens are going to get the chance to take the SWF Cruiserweight Champion from the grasps of Revolution Zero.” Comet responds. “Not much of an opportunity if you ask me… there’s no way Toxxic or Sean Davis will allow the Cruiserweight Title out of their hands.” Riley replies.

“Ladies and Gentleman…” Funyon the announcer begins, “The following match is scheduled for one fall, and will determine the number one contender for the SWF Cruiserweight Championship!” he booms out over the speakers.

Just then the soft, melodic opening to “Feuer Frei” by Rammstein starts up. After about 10 seconds the song begins to start up and from the back appears the youngster Kaine. Quickly, he glances out around the arena, pointing to several dozen fans in the arena that hold his old “BEWARE OF FALLING OBJECTS” shirt up high in the air.

“Now coming to the ring,” Funyon begins again, “Standing at five feet nine inches and weighing in at one hundred and ninety-one pounds, he is “The Untouchable” Kaine!”

As the youngster continues down the aisle to the ring, he reaches over to slap hands with several fans at ringside, but at the last second he pulls his hand back causing the fans to hit nothing but air, causing the youngster to start laughing at them for trying, receiving several middle fingers from the fans for his antics. Quickly Kaine slides into the ring and begins to prance confidently around the ring like he’s already won the match.

“Pretty damn arrogant aint’s he?” Riley comments. “Definitely. Someone needs to knock him in the head a few times to re-arrange his circuts.” Comet replies.

In the ring, Kaine comes to a halt at the southeastern corner of the ring (back-left side of the ring from the ramp’s perspective) and just stands there, smiling from ear to ear as the arena lights turn a dark cooling shade of blue to signal the imminant arrival of Austin Sly. The sound of an accoustic guitar playing a hard driving riff floats out over the arena while the fans turn their attention to the entrance ramp with a resounding cheer section starting up… but unfortunately there is no Austin Sly. Minutes pass, and still there is no sign of Austin.

“Where the hell is he?” Riley protests. “I’m hearing from the back that Austin Sly was attacked!” Comet suddenly responds. The lights in the arena return to normal and the music cuts off, while on the SmarkTron the picture comes alive to show backstage, where several trainers and EMT’s are huddled around a body on the ground with a small but noticeable trail of blood streaming from the victim’s leg down the slanting hall. As the cameras go in for a closer view, they reveal the face of Austin Sly, lying face up on the floor, completely unconscious with a rather large metal bat with a deep indentation in the side from a hard impact. Opinions around the ring suddenly change from cheers to boos, while in the ring Kaine watches on with absolute glee.

“Citizen Sly is down!” Comet breaks the silence. “I’d give good money that that kid in the ring is behind it too!” he adds on.

“Ladies and gentleman… the match has been declared a no cont…” Funyon starts, but is quickly interrupted by Kaine grabbing the microphone in a fit of race.

“No!” he shouts out. “Wait a damn minute!” he protests. “This match is for contendership to the Cruiserweight Title and I’m not going to lose my chance at that title just because Austin Sly can’t make it to the ring! I demand that this match be started and Sly counted out! I am the true winner of this match… now I demand that you make it so!” Kaine angrily orders.

“Oh come on! This is a travesty!” Comet responds. “Citizen Sly can’t make it to the ring because he’s unconscious!” Comet continues. “Well, that’s unfortunate and all, but the kid does have a point… he should be awarded the win!” Riley responds.

Reluctantly, the referee signals for the bell to be rung and promptly begins his count, while all around the arena every single fan stands on their feet in a shower of boos directed towards the youngster standing in the middle of the ring with a large smile on his face.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

“This is crap… this shouldn’t be happening.” Comet protests

SEVEN!

“Oh come on Comet… Sly will get his chance again sometime!” Riley jokes.

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!!!!

The bell rings out signaling the end of the match while in the ring Kaine stands victoriously in the middle of the ring, raising his hands in triumph. Every single fan in the arena lets out a long “BOOO!” towards the youngster. “Boo if you want you ingrates… but you all know that I deserve every bit of this win!” Kaine arrogantly states, only bringing on more boos from the crowd.

“Kaine doesn’t deserve this win one bit. He probably attacked Sly backstage to get out of this match.” Comet angrily states. “Oh come on Comet… quit jumping to conclusions.” Riley replies.

Kaine slides out of the ring and begins to walk back up the entrance ramp, while his music plays out in the background.

“Your winner and number one contender to the SWF Cruiserweight Title… Kaine.” Funyon simply states, showing his utter distane for the young man’s “win”

“Well hopefully our Main Event will be more exiting than this sham of a win… and it’s coming up next!” Comet states. “Sham? Whatever!” Riley huffs as the cameras fade out.

As always, the arena is buzzing with anticipation, waiting on tenterhooks as another SWF Main Event draws near. If the crowd’s allegiance in this match was in doubt, those doubts are put to rest by the plethora of “FREAK!” signs populating the crowd. The fans cheer wildly as the camera pans through the crowd, finally settling on our two colorful announcers, Bobby Riley and…

“CYYYCCCCLLLLOOOONNNNEEEEEEE COOOOOMMMMEEEEEEEE-“

Before the Spandex Superhero can finish his standard introduction, the screen begins to flicker and distort, the vision becoming grainy and the sound warping. A disgruntled Comet curses as a familiar voice is heard through the PA, and the crowd sit up and take notice.

“There is nothing wrong with your television set…”

The fans instantly pipe up and boo as loud as they can, but try as they might, they fail to drown out the distinctly Australian voice.

“Do not attempt to adjust the picture…”

“We control the horizontal…”

Clips of Revolution Zero flash on the screen, including Sacred’s return at Ashes to Ashes.

“We control the vertical…”

Shots of Sacred performing moves from through his entire career are shown, finally resting on a picture of him, sitting alone, solemn and mournful.

We are controlling transmission…”

The picture is returned to normal as ‘Tainted’ by Lycia starts up, the slow haunting tune foreshadowing the appearance of Sacred, who walks out by alone, standing at the top of the ramp as Funyon gets on the mic and announces in a booming voice:

“Ladies and Gentleman, the following match is a singles match and it is scheduled for one fall… Introducing first…!”

Before Funyon can even continue the fans begin to jeer raucously, but Sacred takes no notice as the austere Australian walks down the ramp.

“Weighing in at two hundred and sixteen pounds from Adelaide, Australia… he is a member of Revolution Zero, please welcome… SSSSAAAAACCCCRRRREEEEEDDDDD!”

“Welcome back folks!” shouts Cyclone Comet. “Lockdown returns with our Main Event of the evening, a sure-to-be bloodbath as Carnage delivers what his name implies and destroys our friend from the colonies!”

“Just because he interrupts you don’t mean you have to be so childish,” Riley replies, shaking his head, “and besides, despite this masked freak’s near one hundred pound advantage, Sacred has what it takes to come away with the victory.”

“They may be the case, but not only does Citizen Carnage have a big weight advantage and the momentum advantage, he also has a mask.”

“… And?”

“That’s it. Anyone with a mask is sure to win.”

“Of course, that’s why you’re down here with me. Because you’re a winner.”

Sacred slides into the ring, taking up position in the corner, leaning against the turnbuckles almost carelessly as the lights dim and most of the crowd begin to cheer. A gloomy white fog soon envelops the entranceway, before ‘Bodies’ by Drowning Pool kicks up, and Carnage throws the curtain behind him, storming out down the ramp to cheers from the capacity crowd.

“And, his opponent…” begins Funyon. “Weighing in at three hundred and seven pounds, please welcome from parts unknown, he is a former Hardcore Gamers Champion… he is, CCCAAARRRNNNNAAAAGGGGEEEEE!”

The masked deviant looks dead ahead, taking no notice of the crowd’s uncharacteristic cheering, simply staring at his opponent, playing out in his mind the destruction he will bring. He rolls underneath the bottom rope, climbing up to the second turnbuckle to even more of a response from the crowd, but he just keeps staring at Sacred, imagining Toxxic in his place.

“He’s not fooling me with that intense stare, because inside of him beats the heart of a harmless little boy. It’s all the same with these psychopath types,” notes Riley.

“His heart beats to the tune of Justice and Justice alone!” Comet triumphantly announces. “When he gets into that ring, however, he’s a pure animal, as Sacred is soon to find out.”

“How can he be for justice when he has no concept of it?”

“Anyone standing against Toxxic is for justice by proxy!”

“I should have known…” Riley says with a groan. “But you’re right, in that ring he’s a beast without a conscience, and even I worry for Sacred’s well being against this brute…”

Carnage seemingly has the Australian backed into a corner already; circling like a vulture, just waiting for the bell to ring, but something instantly grabs his attention… the opening guitar riff to ‘Rookie’ and the a familiar slogan flashes on the screen.

‘PREPARE TO BE PROVED WRONG!’

The crowd immediately forgets about anything in the ring, turning towards the entranceway as Toxxic makes his way out, World Title slung across his shoulder. Carnage heads towards the ropes and leaning over, staring at Toxxic who doesn’t make a sound. No microphone, no words of warning. He simply looks on as a casual observer.

“Why is HE out here!?” demands Comet jumping out of his seat. “He has no right to be interjecting himself in this!”

“Settle down, freak,” answers Riley, pulling Comet down. “He simply wants a bird’s eye view to study his opponent, there’s no harm in that...”

The presence of his next target, the focus of his warped and twisted desires, serves only to make Carnage smile, a sick and maniacal smile.

“... Or maybe there is."

If Toxxic is feeling any sort of doubt, he hides it amazingly well as he pats his title belt albeit with a slight lump in his throat. The demented man’s head suddenly turns as he hears the bell-

DING! DING! DING!

-ring, and decides it’s time to give his next victim a prequel of what’s the come, the intensity in his eyes frightening as he charges towards the Australian who stands perfectly still, patiently waiting. Most fans already rise from their seats to see Sacred lose his head… again, but-

“Citizen Blackwell sidesteps the blow,” cries Comet suddenly, “and takes Carnage down to the mat with a drop toe hold!”

“He must think he’s invincible,” snorts Riley, “but this ain’t hardcore rules, and his eagerness to show his power and intimidate the World Champion will be his undoing.”

The massive frame of Carnage tumbles to the mat, Sacred expertly shuffling his feet to keep Carnage’s leg locked. As the masked brute tries to simply power away and get to his feet, Sacred scissors his right leg, keeping his opponent locked into place.

“Wonderful,” states Riley, looking on enchantedly at the Australian. “Sacred may be getting older, his mental state may be in doubt, but you can always rely on him to have a plan, to have control of every situation.”

“And now that’s his plan’s been executed, our illustrious World Champion is leaving!” shouts Comet in reply, staring with enmity at the British Champion. “Perhaps Toxxic felt Sacred needed a little ‘aid’, without interjecting himself personally…”

“Nothing but lies and slander!” objects Riley fervently. “Either way, Carnage’s sole intention would be to send a message to Toxxic, but he’s slipped up, not surprisingly.”

With an elementary leg lock keeping him stranded, Carnage decides to do what he does best and kicks viciously and repeatedly at the Australian’s weary features, but Sacred let’s go of his hold and rolls away before he connects. Carnage grunts, turning to meet his opponent with another charge, but Sacred steps to the side with ease, catching Carnage with a kick to the thigh.

“Shades of Tom Flesher with that clever little sidestep move,” comments Riley. “Mimicking the best there is, always a sound strategy.”

Comet simply groans. “For once I have to agree, but only because he has backstage power these days...”

“…What?”

Carnage grabs the ropes and shakes them violently, frustrated by the Australian’s slippery ways. Sacred stands across the way with noble grace, waiting for his opponent’s next move. With an annoyed grunt Carnage somehow restrains himself, stomping across the ring to pummel Sacred senseless with right hooks, but Sacred ducks below and heads behind his opponent. Before Carnage can shift his weight, Sacred strikes with forearms to the back of the head, hoping to stun Carnage even for a second. Sacred then wraps his arms around his opponent’s waist, but Carnage tries to run forward and reach the ropes. At the precise moment he does, Sacred loosens his grip, only to head down low and grab his ankles, taking his legs out from underneath him as Carnage hits the mat face first.

Carnage again tries to push himself forward with his massive arms, but Sacred denies him with a well placed knee digging into the back of Carnage’s right leg. Moving quickly, knowing full well Carnage’s violent potential, Sacred hooks both his legs around the masked brute’s right ankle, locking it in place before lunging forward; trying for a desperate facelock and execute an STF, but Carnage suddenly shakes himself free and kicks the Australian away with just a hint of desperation.

“Though my fellow masked citizen is inexperienced and unschooled, he is simply too powerful and too dangerous to ever control so easily!” bellows Comet as Carnage pulls himself to his feet, his eyes burning with anger. “If you ask me, Sacred’s plan will backfire when Carnage unleashes his rage upon him, and he is only serving to fuel that rage!”

“Well, yes, that COULD happen…” answers Riley with a tad worriment, “but Sacred has faced the biggest, the best and most crack-brained this fed has ever produced, and he knows all too well what to expect and how to handle it… at least, I hope he does.”

The two men reach an uneasy face off, Carnage finally showing some restraint, or respect, for the Australian that stares back at him with almost listless eyes. As Carnage steps forward for another foray, Sacred darts forward and catches him before he can strike with a dubious blow that sends Carnage away with watery eyes and a crowd up in arms.

“And here I was thinking that such nefarious means were beneath Citizen Blackwell!” shouts Comet in protest. “I should have never expected a convict to change his ways!”

“I still maintain that Carnage weighing over three hundred pounds cancels out any wrong doing on Sacred’s part, it’s only fair.”

Carnage recoils but only momentarily as he regains his vision, but he’s too late to react as Sacred bounces off the ropes and hits a seated dropkick to the right knee, but still Carnage stands. Blackwell doesn’t miss a step as he bounces off the cables once again, this time knocking Carnage on the flat of his back with a chop block to the back of the knee. Before Carnage can even recover and gain his bearings, his leg is spun around as Sacred looks for the-

“Deprogrammer!” cries Riley happily. “A devastating upright figure four that would almost certainly put this match beyond doubt.”

But Carnage is up to the task, thrusting his boot into Sacred’s spine and shoving him away to break the incomplete hold. Sacred furrows his brow only slightly, improvising quickly as Carnage tries to roll his large frame upward but instead his legs are taken in Sacred’s clutches as the Australian floats over into a bridged pin for-

ONE!

TWO!

-but no more as Carnage manages to kick out with ease, his powerful legs coming to his aide. Sacred is sent flying across the ring, enabling the masked deviant to get to his feet, meeting the Australian with a right hand that finally gives the crowd something to cheer about!

“Citizen Carnage has become a real fan favorite over the past week, and understandable considering the absolutely diabolical, fiendish and villainous man he’s soon to face!”

“Himself?” asks Riley with a wry grin.

The impact of the blow knocks Sacred six ways from Sunday as he’s spun around while somewhere backstage, Toxxic cringes. Carnage, still feeling the twinge in his leg, unleashes his unadulterated anger on the poor Australian, backing him into the corner and pounding away mercilessly until blood starts to trickle from Sacred’s nose and the fans cheer in a bloodlust and Riley grumbles. Carnage is happy to oblige as he lifts Sacred up into a Military Press, showing him to the crowd before walking slowly to the centre of the ring, pausing for effect before letting Sacred go, falling face first to the canvas to a cheer from the fans!

“His power is absolutely scary, but his intensity is nothing I’ve ever seen before!” shouts Comet, almost with glee as he sees a defeated Australian crawl to the corner to escape. “Even one slip up with this man can open the flood gates for a world of hurt!”

“Enjoy it while you can,” snaps Riley, “because Sacred isn’t about to let some *rookie*, no matter how insane he is, get the better of him inside the wrestling ring, and in a non-hardcore environment. Is this were a padded cell, my money would be on Carnage, but even then I would have my doubts.”

Carnage thinks about pinning for about one hundredth of a second before pulling Sacred to his feet and whipping him into the ropes as hard as possible, waiting for a big grin on his face. Sacred returns only to duck underneath a Big Boot and continue on to the opposite ropes, but he’s not so lucky the second time round as Carnage almost takes his head off with a Yazuka Kick!

“Robert, there’s just a time when natural ability has to take a backseat to repeated kicks to the face,” says Comet while Riley sulks as Carnage hooks the Aussie by the leg for-

ONE!

TWO!

-but Sacred rolls a shoulder off the mat after two, but the fans remain jubilant as Carnage climbs to his feet, an almost kid in a candy store look in his eyes as he brings Sacred up for another debilitating move. Carnage almost pulls Sacred’s arm out of its socket as he throws him into the ropes, catching him on his return and lifting him into the air with ease, spinning him around in a tilt-a-whirl before slamming him down…

… But Sacred proves to be too slippery once again, escaping the masked deviant’s grasp and landing safely on his feet. The Australian tries to buy himself some time, leaping into the air, latching onto Carnage and snapping him over with an ankle scissors, but the masked brute is unfazed as he rolls back to his feet. Carnage builds up a head full of steam and charges, but Sacred tries to cut him off with a front dropkick, but Carnage grabs his legs and Sacred falls harmlessly to the mat!

“Citizen Carnage may have little formal training,” begins Comet, “but what he lacks he makes up for in pure strength!”

“He lacks the mental faculties to do a simple crossword, that’s what he lacks...”

Carnage’s head jerks around furiously, hearing the fans cheering and nodding his head, feeling the energy. The masked deviant leans back, rolling onto his back while pulling Sacred down and catapulting him into the corner! Carnage smiles, but he hears the fans stop cheering. He turns around to see Sacred perched on the second rope, his back to Carnage! He runs forward to knock Sacred to the cold concrete floor below, but Sacred catches him with a flying Leg Lariat that knocks him down. As Carnage tries to roll away, Sacred grabs his right leg and pushes forward, angling Carnage so his shoulders are pinned the mat as Hardcastle slides over to count-

ONE!

TWO!

-but Carnage kicks out, almost sending Sacred flying through the ropes! The Australian whirls to his feet as to not get caught off guard, but Carnage has already made a beeline for him, throwing a wild clothesline his way, but Sacred is able to duck underneath the blow, catching Carnage’s arm and twisting it behind his back with a hammerlock. Carnage shakes his arms violently to release it from Sacred’s grasp, but the Aussie holds on like a little terrier, planting his boot on the back of the masked deviant’s knee and pushing Carnage down onto his knees as his right leg almost spasms. Sacred keeps him pinned down, keeping the hammerlock applied whilst driving his own know knee into the masked brute’s, but as Carnage tries to reach back and grab a fistful of Sacred’s hair, the Australian lets go of the hammer lock and strikes Carnage again and again with stiff forearm shots that cause him to fall forward. As he does, Sacred shuffles backward, taking hold of his ankle and twisting, before pushing it forward, jarring his knee as it’s placed at a 45 degree angle!

“An innovative move from the Australian,” notes Bobby, “placing pressure on the ankle AND knee at the same time, but I’ve come to expect nothing less from Sacred”

Sacred is now on his stomach, pressing him forward to place as much pressure as is humanly possible on the masked deviant’s right leg, but the crowd is firmly behind the quirky masked man, chanting-

‘FREEEAAAKKK!’

‘FREEEAAAKKK!’

‘FREEEAAAKKK!’

-as loud as they possibly can, trying to stir up the proverbial nutcase and it seems they get through to him! Carnage slams his fist down on the mat, digging his nails into the canvas and trying to hurl himself forward, the ropes but a few feet away. Sacred realizes the severity of the situation as he tries to twist and contort the right knee to impossible angles, but still Carnage perseveres, pulling himself forward until he is but a few inches from the bottom rope!

“Whether the crowd likes him or not,” begins Comet, “they’re vocal chants are either spurring or enraging Citizen Carnage, and now he’s about to break the hold!”

“But the damage may have already been done,” snaps Riley hopefully. “If there’s one thing Sacred knows, it’s how to pinpoint an opponent’s weakness and capitalize, and a wounded knee would certainly take the intensity out of this freak’s game.”

If Carnage is feeling any pain, his eyes don’t show it as the camera zooms in on his face, grim and determined as the ropes are clearly in sight, right there for one desperate lunge…

… And he makes it! The crowd cheers as Sexton Hardcastle begins to count-

‘ONE!’

‘TWO!’

‘THREE!’

‘FOU-‘

-but before he reaches the four count, Sacred breaks the hold and quickly backs away, realizing how severely pissed off he’s made Carnage with that hold. The masked deviant almost bites through his own lip as he pulls himself to his feet with aid from the ropes, his eyes fixated on the Australian who tries his best to feign confidence in the face of a monster.

Carnage takes a few steps forward, looming down on the Australian, but as his right foot is planted; his leg almost shudders under his weight, forcing him to hobble forward. Sacred’s deep blue eyes suddenly widen, seeing the fruits of his labor right before hi, but Carnage still approaches, slamming his fist into Sacred’s face! The masked deviant pounds away, making Sacred’s bloody nose even worse and knocking him senseless, before the brute sends Sacred into the ropes. The Australian bounces back towards his opponent and is suddenly lifted into the air effortlessly in one fluid motion before being thrown off Carnage’s shoulders!

“Color me tickled pink, a rare bit of clear thinking from Citizen Carnage!” shouts Comet as the deviant climbs back to his feet, only to drop back down on top of Sacred’s chest with a splash. “He managed to avoid putting much pressure on his knee after Sacred’s vicious attack.”

“There was nothing vicious about it, just a concise and calculated plan-“

“…Which has failed. Dismally.” Comet says with a huge grin as Carnage brings Sacred back to his feet for even more punishment.

The fans are buzzing as Carnage hoists Sacred into the air, letting the blood flow to his head as he holds him completely vertical, but a slight twinge in his leg forces him to drop Sacred early, slamming him down on his back with a Stalling Brainbuster! The fans cheer as Carnage moves into the cover, thinking this is it-

ONE!

TWO!

THHHHHRRRRRR-

-but Sacred somehow shoots a shoulder off the canvas, much to their dismay! Carnage worries not, however, as he’s happy to oblige the Australian and punish him some more. Sacred crawls towards the corner, bringing himself to his feet in attempt to recover what senses he has left, but Carnage is ruthless as he clotheslines Sacred into the corner, almost forcing the Australian out of the ring from the impact. Carnage takes his Australian friend by the hand and whips him into the opposite corner, following him in with another Clothesline, but Sacred counters, using the ropes to spring upward and connect with two boots to the face. Carnage withdraws, but only for a split second as he comes charging back, but again Sacred cuts him off with a boot to the face!

The masked deviant is forced backward as Sacred sense another opportunity to regain control, running forward, building up as much speed as possible, aiming directly at Carnage’s ribcage with his Kamikaze attack…

“… He’s been caught!” is Comet’s delirious cry. “Sacred tried for a desperate spear, a move that has turned the tide many a time before, but Carnage braced himself for the blow and caught him with ease!”

The fans erupt with jubilation as Carnage holds Sacred right where he wants him, but his right leg, which he planted behind him to brace himself is searing with pain, causing even a slight cringe from the demented figure. With his arm still latched around Sacred in a front face lock, depriving the Aussie of air, Carnage tries to drive his head into the canvas with a DDT, but Sacred counters at the pivotal moment, placing his left leg forward and sweeping the deviant’s legs out from underneath him!

Carnage has no time to react as Sacred immediately tries to turn the big man over into a Single Leg Boston Crab, but Carnage fights it, making it impossible for Sacred to budge the masked brute. The Aussie keeps trying, but a boot to the face soon knocks him away and gives Carnage some room to get to his feet. Carnage bolts forward to meet his adversary with another jaw rattling Clothesline, but Sacred ducks out of the way and grabs Carnage at the same time, pulling him down to the mat with a Small Package for-

ONE!

TWO!

-but Carnage escapes before the count of three, climbing to his feet as quick as possible, but Sacred beats him to it, flying across the ring and connecting with a flying forearm. A few more stiff shots to the masked deviant keep him stunned long enough for Sacred to take his right leg in his clutches and spin him around, taking him down with skillfully with a Dragon Screw Leg Whip. Sacred hopes to have better luck this time as he attempts to lock on the Deprogrammer, but Carnage counters once again, kicking Sacred away, through the ropes and onto the concrete floor!

“He is no fool!” Comet reiterates as Carnage pulls himself to his feet, but even a slight wince can be seen through his mask. “He just bought himself some precious time to rest and recuperate, and leaving this man unattended to his own devices for even a few seconds is a dangerous thing to do!”

“But even the demented mind of Carnage knows the trouble he’s in,” Riley replies, “he’s so close to letting this match slip away, and his mental edge on Toxxic disappear!”

Carnage pulls himself to his feet as best he can; hoping to find his opponent a crumpled mess on the floor, but Sacred manages to hop up onto the ring apron, sending the crazed maniac into a frenzy which the fans cheer for! Sacred looks up to find Carnage charging towards him, much to his chagrin, but Sacred is ready for him, heading down low and throwing a shoulder into his ribs, doubling him over. The Australian quickly leapfrogs over the top rope and his opponent in a single bound, grabbing his opponent to drag him down with a Sunset Flip, but Carnage holds onto the ropes and keeps his feet! Sacred’s eyes suddenly bulge as Carnage grins, clenching his fist and driving it towards Sacred’s forehead, but the Aussie slips away and scoots across the ring.

The masked deviant turns around, grunting and heaving as Sacred gets to his feet. This time the Australian tries to second guess his opponent and leaps across the ring with a Flying Forearm, but Carnage stops him dead in his tracks with a boot to the stomach! Sacred is spun around from the blow, allowing Carnage to grab him in a rear waistlock for a German Suplex, but Sacred counters a move he’s seen so many times before with a standing switch, heading behind the masked deviant for a German of his own! Sacred links both of his arms with the deviant’s, trying to gain some extra leverage and attempting a Straight Jacket Suplex, but Carnage, of all people, knows how to counter, unraveling his arms with ease.

“Whoever’s writing this should be ashamed,” mutters Comet, much to Riley’s confusion.

A few back elbows stagger the Australian as Carnage turns back around to meet him, a maniacal grin on his face as he brings his arms out wide and claps them together, squishing Sacred’s head with a Mongolian Chop! With Sacred on jelly legs, Carnage pulls him into a standing head scissors, pulling him up and directing his head straight down towards the mat, dropping him with a Piledriver!

“It’s over folks, pencil this one in!” shouts Comet with finality. “Citizen Carnage finally stops Sacred from weaseling out once again like the convict he is and planting him with a Piledriver!”

“But… are supposed to win over brawn, this just isn’t right!” argues Bobby.

“Of course, it doesn’t help that Sacred’s brains are splattered across the mat.”

The crowd erupt with cheers as Sacred rolls out to the side before lying motionless, at Carnage’s will as he looks into the camera with his piercing eyes, sending a message to Toxxic without even saying a word. The masked Deviant crawls over and rapes an arm over Sacred’s chest as the crowd counts along with Hardcastle-

“ONE!”

“TWO!”

“THRREEEEEEE!”

-NO, the count is broken! Carnage looks at Sexton with anger, but Hardcastle points shakily towards Sacred’s foot, perched conveniently on the bottom rope. Sexton backs away quickly as Carnage hoists himself and Sacred up to a vertical base, before lifting him up and wrapping his huge arms around him, almost collapsing Sacred’s lung as he locks on a Bearhug, making sure to stand in the centre of the ring!

“If all else fails, just squeeze the life out of the vagabond!” Comet cries happily as Sacred gasps for air. “Sacred has eluded Citizen Carnage time and time again, but as I predicted, it’s just made my masked compatriot even more determined!”

“But in the process, he’s attacked that knee at every opportunity, giving him an avenue of victory, if only he can escape and take it…”

The crowd keeps chanting joyously as they watch Sacred be ground into nothing-

‘FRRRRREEEEEAAAAAKKKK!’

‘FRRRRREEEEEAAAAAKKKK!’

‘FRRRRREEEEEAAAAAKKKK!’

-by the crazed brute that just won’t let go, squeezing Sacred even more while his nose drops like a leaky faucet, a cut on his forehead now bleeding too. Sacred throws caution into the wind and acts in desperation, flaying wildly and connecting with countless knee strikes that finally breaks the deviant’s hold!

“Don’t count my Australian friend out just yet freak, there’s still hope!”

Sacred lands on two feet, but Carnage still looms in front of him, grabbing him by the throat ready for a chokeslam. The deviant lifts him into the air, but his leg begins to buckle under the weight, allowing Sacred to fall behind him. Carnage tries to react as quickly as he can but Sacred is too fast, aiming a critical kick towards his right leg until Carnage is forced on his haunches. Sacred seizes this opportunity, hooking onto him with a front face lock, grabbing his right arm and bringing his leg up, swinging it back in one fluid motion…

“CRUEL FATE!” cries Riley in orgasmic fashion as Carnage’s head is spiked on the pine, laying face down motionless while Sacred tries to regain his senses. “Sacred might actually do it!”

“This cannot be!” shouts a melodramatic Superhero. “Citizen Blackwell is going to pip my masked cohort at the post by fiendish means!”

The fans can’t believe it either as they all stand up, calling for Carnage to kick out as a battered and bruised Sacred crawls over quickly, hauling the big man onto his back and hooking him by the far leg as Sexton Hardcastle slides over, counting-

ONE!

TWO!

THHHHHHRRRRREEEEEEEEEE!!

-and that’s all she wrote.

DING! DING! DING!

The crowd is riotous as Sacred rolls away and under the bottom rope in case Carnage wakes up to exact his revenge. Hardcastle follows him out and raises his hand in the air as ‘Tainted’ begins to play and Funyon confirms the crowd’s fears.

“Ladies and Gentleman, the winner of this bout by pinfall… SSSSAAAAACCCRRRRREEEEEEDDDDD!”

“Sacred literally STOLE victory from the jaws of defeat to defeat Carnage!” shouts Comet.

“Regardless,” Riley interjects with a satisfied grin, “he’s done his leader proud and defeated the man he will face for the title, and softened him up sufficiently…”

The Sacred One composes himself, wiping he blood away and straightening up, remaining dignified as he walks back up the ramp, where Toxxic waits. Sacred stops as the two look at each other, before the World Champion simply nods, before turning back and heading behind the curtain. Carnage looks up from the mat, anger in his eyes as Sacred looks back, witnessing a job well done.

“Sacred throws a spanner in the works and emerges victorious this evening, but can Citizen Carnage recover in time to win where it counts? Or has Toxxic defeated yet another threat to his title? Whatever the case may be, tune into Smarkdown to see these questions answered!”

Copyright Smartmarks Wrestling Federation 2004

‘Raising workrates by typing faster’

Results? You think you're getting RESULTS?!

The last slot for the Cold Front Classic was settled, we have a Cruiserweight contender, and a bunch of other stuff happened! There are your damn results.