TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE News and Notes from 11/22 Observer

Guest bigm350

With Carlito injured, they booked around it by having Cena come out an immediately go after Jesus and Carlito.

jesus? who the hell is he refering to?

Carlito's bodyguard.

Guest LooneyTune

Grisham was owned by MAVEN on RAW a few weeks ago in his promo. He has to knowledge of anything it seems outside of whats happening now, and is the WORST Commentator ever on Heat. Yes, I remember Lita use to do it, but he is a lot worse.

It didn't surprise me that Survivor Series had a very low buyrate, considering how shitty the product has been as of late. This only emphasizes that they need to get rid of stupid things like ref bumps, comedy skits and the excessive drama. Also, the booking needs to change. Look how crappy the Smackdown matches were (with the exception of the CW match). :angry:

Thanks for posting the Meltzer newsletter, HTQ. :headbang:

Buyrate hasn't come in yet, dude.

Guest Pariah
Don't hang him, just find someone who has expertise in wrestling to commentate wrestling matches.  Not a difficult concept.

Shockingly not everybody that applies for a commentator job with the WWE is a Mike Tenay or a Paul Heyman. I'm pretty sure I remember reading in the Observer that Grisham got his role pretty much on the basis that he is knowledgable in pro wrestling and knew a lot about the product and industry when he was interviewed for the role. Not everyone however is entirely comfortable in front of a camera or working within guidelines at the beginning, look at how bad Michael Cole was when he started with the company.

Don't hang him, just find someone who has expertise in wrestling to commentate wrestling matches.  Not a difficult concept.

Shockingly not everybody that applies for a commentator job with the WWE is a Mike Tenay or a Paul Heyman. I'm pretty sure I remember reading in the Observer that Grisham got his role pretty much on the basis that he is knowledgable in pro wrestling and knew a lot about the product and industry when he was interviewed for the role. Not everyone however is entirely comfortable in front of a camera or working within guidelines at the beginning, look at how bad Michael Cole was when he started with the company.

If one is not comfortable in front of a camera, why would that person apply for an on camera job?

Karam Gaber, the 2004 Olympic Greco-Roman gold medallist at 211.5 pounds

The world's greatest wrestler needs to stay as far away from the WWE as possible.

Guest LooneyTune

If one is not comfortable in front of a camera, why would that person apply for an on camera job?

Easy money. WWE will hire anyone. Todd Pettingill, Sean Mooney, Michael Cole, Charlie Ming, That guy who was an early Don West, Stephanie Wiand...This list just goes on and on.

Heenan needs to commentate on the main shows, not just on 24/7. Have him be a third guy on Heat, or do voiceovers on Bottom Line or something.

Guest uyaljg
Jesus...Another new guy who's apparently getting a push without doing anything

What push? He's a side-kick bodyguard, who got punked by Cena and will probably lose to Cena at Armageddon.

Guest Deft
(K-1) The promotion is about to announce the signing of Karam Ibrahim (Egypt) for their 12/31 Osaka Dome show. Ibrahim is the 2004 Athens Olympic Games 96kg Greco Roman wrestling champion. His opponent for the 12/31 Osaka Dome show is currently undecided. (puroresupower.com)

Well, tough luck for WWE. It looks like he went straight to MMA.

Guest Pariah

Anyone else find it funny that Jesus will lose at Armageddon? >_>

And to be fair MM, if I had the opportunity I'm sure I would apply for a job like with the WWE as would a number of other wrestling fans throughout the world, Todd probably just got lucky because he impressed them on the day