TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

The greatest techno band ever is The Berzerker

-It's true. That schizophrenic drum machine, and the ultra simplistic chuggola death chords kill all industrial or death metal style from this and make it a pretty original view on techno music. Kotz should get all fucked on mystery drugs from a mystery person and dance to this.

Of course this is a really bad album and band. Nothing overly worthwhile here, but If I was to go to a club on a friday night, this is what I'd be all about for music there. Corporeal Jigsore Quandray at double speed in this style make my heart cry out in pain....in ANGER~!

The Berzerker is the new pop.

-I'm listening to that Shadow's Fall record I made a thread about a while back. There's even been a time or two previous to this that I listened to it to. The vocals and half hearted approach to genres is really disheartening, but it's becoming a 'fun' record.

I had the TV on MuchMoreMusic this evening as background noise that I stopped on and they had a 1989 throwback show. The do not build pop acts like that anymore, man. Y'all can have your Hillarys and Britneys or whoever, I'll take Debbie Gibson twice a day, everyday. Rhythm Nation was an awesome record. Ditto Hangin' Tough. Good times to be a kid with a radio for sure.

It seems Maniac has been kicked out of Mayhem because he's gone Emo. Atilla is back. Bring on the tortured monk, motherfuckers. Maybe this will bring them a bit of "black metal" respectability back, but probably not. His other band, Aborym is such wonderful industrialized black metal. It should be investigated by everyone here.

That is all.

Guest Vitamin X

You still haven't checked out that one Watch Them Die album I asked you to, did you?

The Berzerker isn't a techno band, if anything, they're a gabber band, which although it is a form of techno, would be like saying oh... Slayer and Jethro Tull play the same type of music. And they only incorporate gabber elements. They're gabber/thrash, which I have dubbed, just now, Gash.

Ken Ishii is the greatest techno dance artist.

Gabber is what The Berzerker is, except without guitars and singing and shit. It originated in the Netherlands and is closely associated with the white supremacy movement.

Techno was no more of a weak joke than pop was, the problem was people who didn't understand it and couldn't distinguish good from bad. I know about good techno like I know about good everything else, and I'll happily recommend it if you could be more specific about what you want.

Since you seem to like The Berzerker, some good gabber groups are Rotterdam Terror Corps (you will like them, I'm sure... Agent probably would too), Ultraviolence, 3 Steps Ahead and DJ Isaac.

Nein good sir. That first post was parody. I got a laugh out of Bezerker, so I guess i kinda liked it.

I like poppy techno like Scooter, but maybe a bit harder and less forcibly happy. J Pop shit is sorta neat to. Maybe i'll just spend an hour or three listening to the techno channel on iceberg radio site so I know a little more of what I'm looking for.

You'll like Rotterdam Terror Corps anyway... I think everybody will.

In that case, you want Yellow Magic Orchestra, who were pretty much responsible for Japanese techno-pop as a genre. I reiterate Ken Ishii. Some Aphex Twin ("Funny Little Man" if you want a particular song). Tipsy. Peaches. What you're talking about, by the way, is Happy Hardcore. Although none of the recommendations I made are such, it will assist you to know that.

Thrill Kill Kult... if we're recommending that sort of thing.

Also, I think it would be good to have a band where every time the name of the band appears in print, it would be spelled differently.