TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CronoT

I'm going to trade in Halo 2 for Metroid Prime 2.

Guest CronoT

I'm going to take in my copy of Halo 2 tomorrow, (Sunday) and a few other games, and trade them in for Metroid Prime 2. I can't believe I actually bought this game. If any of you want to play with/against me online, you can find me on Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

that's a horrible idea.

i'm reffering to the baking soda obviously.

It is indeed a good game. Like the first Halo, it's overrated as one of the "best games ever", but even though it doesn't fall into that elite category, it's one of the best games for the Xbox. For people who don't have Live, I can see why they'd be disappointed after the brief campaign mode (although I haven't been). All in all, it comes down to personal opinion.

Personally, I just got an Xbox 2 weeks ago. I purchased Halo 1 knowing it was decent but not expecting it to be as good as it was. I loved it, and I went out and bought the Halo 2 Limited Edition. Still, as a lifelong Nintendo fan, I will definitely buy Metroid Prime 2. I loved the first one, but due to buying too many games and having other stuff to do, I have yet to finish it. I want to complete the original before buying the sequel.

I don't understand the whole Halo 2 vs. Metroid Prime 2 deal. I know that wasn't mentioned in this thread, but it seems like everyone loves one and hates the other. Granted, these are mostly fanboys, and comparing titles in the same or similar genres on opposing systems is natural, but those idiots who dismiss one or the other simply because it's not on their favorite system are missing out.

Guest Coffey
I don't understand the whole Halo 2 vs. Metroid Prime 2 deal.  I know that wasn't mentioned in this thread, but it seems like everyone loves one and hates the other.  Granted, these are mostly fanboys, and comparing titles in the same or similar genres on opposing systems is natural, but those idiots who dismiss one or the other simply because it's not on their favorite system are missing out.

Well, I hate both Halo and Metroid Prime, so where do I fit in?

One of the best games on X-Box? Well, maybe for you. It's nowhere near Tiger Woods '05 or Burnout 3. Hell, I'm even having a ton of fun with Need for Speed Underground 2.

Fuck Halo.

EDIT: Here's a good idea, how about you quote the picture EVERY FUCKING TIME you quote somebody. That seems like a good idea. Fucking ree-ree's.

Well Josh, I must clarify a few things. First and foremost, I am not one of those people who thinks Halo 1 and 2 are amongst the greatest games ever. They probably wouldn't even make my top 25, but that's because I've played a lot of great games over the past 18 years, not because I think the Halo franchise isn't good.

Also, I just got an Xbox 2 weeks ago. I had played a few games on it before, not a whole lot. The only ones I own are Halo 1 and 2, Splinter Cell, Mortal Kombat Deception, and several sports games. I used to have SVC Chaos, but it sucked balls. The point is that there are many good Xbox games which I have yet to play.

As for the games you mentioned, I'm not a big fan of racing games unless they're arcade style ones. Burnout 3 falls into that category, but I have yet to play it. I've heard good things and it looks great. I even considered buying it at one point, but I'm definitely going to rent it first.

Tiger Woods '05 is brilliant, I agree. I would have bought that, but with NCAA Football and Top Spin coming with my Xbox and my purchases of ESPN NFL and NBA 2K5, I didn't want another sports game. I love them, but too much would be bad. My friend Jake owns the game, however. We've busted out the 2004 and 2005 editions for Xbox almost every Monday, Thursday, and PPV Sunday before the shows when he has a bunch of people over to watch wrestling.

I've never been a golf fan, but the game is amazing. It's a must buy for me when I get Xbox Live. I can't compare it to Halo 2 though seeing as how I've only played single player on Halo and I've only played multi on Tiger. That, and they're 2 drastically different types of games.

One of the best games on X-Box? Well, maybe for you. It's nowhere near Tiger Woods '05 or Burnout 3. Hell, I'm even having a ton of fun with Need for Speed Underground 2.

Fuck Halo.

EDIT: Here's a good idea, how about you quote the picture EVERY FUCKING TIME you quote somebody. That seems like a good idea. Fucking ree-ree's.

Tiger Woods is okay, but the realism in scores are idiotic. I shouldn't be shooting -28 and battling out for the lead.

Burnout I probably played it for an hour, and gave up on it. The best racing game online is PGR 2, and it is a mandatory for X-Box live users.

Why do you hate Halo in the first place.

BTW. I would rank Halo one of the best games I have ever played.

Guest SP-1

Give me Goldeneye.

The Halo games are visually neat and all, but the control system usually ends up just pissing me off within a few minutes.

Guest JebusNassedar

My recommendation; sell Halo 2 and whatever else you're sick of, wait a week, and get this;

34430.jpg

Guest CronoT
Give me Goldeneye.

The Halo games are visually neat and all, but the control system usually ends up just pissing me off within a few minutes.

That's one of the main things that I really disliked, too.

Also, I agree about GoldenEye. That game set the standard, and still does, for what FPS games should be. In my opinion, Halo and Halo 2 didn't really revolutionize the FPS genre, so it's not really that good.

In the end, it's just another rehashing of Doom.

Give me Goldeneye.

That's one of the main things that I really disliked, too.

Also, I agree about GoldenEye. That game set the standard, and still does, for what FPS games should be. In my opinion, Halo and Halo 2 didn't really revolutionize the FPS genre, so it's not really that good.

In the end, it's just another rehashing of Doom.

"Revolutionary" is a word you hear thrown around a lot, but that dosen't really match a lot of things it's attached to.

..and I wouldn't say "it's a rehash of.." ..because let's face it. Everything is a clone/decendant/ripoff of something else.

Guest JebusNassedar
..and I wouldn't say "it's a rehash of.." ..because let's face it. Everything is a clone/decendant/ripoff of something else.

"Everything" is maybe too strong of a word.

Unless you can find the game that Katamari Damacy 'ripped off'.

As far as Halo 2 goes for me, I'm decently entertained by it. It's not something that the entire world is going to fall for (like Tetris), but, it has it's moments. Certainly not worth the atomic hype it's recieved, but, hey, marketing is a dangerous thing.

Give me Goldeneye.

That's the main issue with the game for me. For PC gamers and long-time FPS-heads, it's hardly an issue. For me, it's very unintuitive. So I'm not going to bash the game, but I'm not into it either.

I'm not even planning on keeping my X-Box for much longer. Yeah, it's got a ton of great titles, but if your tastes lean more towards old-school-style games, there's little to be excited about. Of course, the new Ninja Gaiden 2 surely is coming up, and yes, the X-Box versions of multi-console titles are usually the best. However, it's a shame when my eyes scan over a huge rack of X-Box games, and all but a select few make me go "meh."

Maybe I'll pick up the X-Box classics if I opt to get the supposed-to-be-backwards-compatible-X-Box-Next.

I can't speak for things that were likely programmed under the influence of a few illegal substances, sorry.

Probably most "revolutionary" game titles have their roots in drug use. Miyamoto is obviously a 'shroomer, Kojima is probably on amphetamines or crack, Katamari Damacy seems like something dreamed up on LSD, DDR probably is rooted in X use, and Peter Molyneux probably is hopped up on goofballs. :D

My recommendation; sell Halo 2 and whatever else you're sick of, wait a week, and get this;

34430.jpg

I pretend I didn't see that.

For those who hate the controls, play the game for a good few hours instead of 20 minutes. It's a steep learning curve coming from a game like GoldenEye towards Halo.

Guest Flyboy

People who complain about the controls amuse me. I never played the first Halo on the Xbox (only the PC version) and I thought I would be screwed when it came to Halo 2. After about an hour in the campaign and a good long while online, the game becomes a breeze. It really isn't hard to learn at all so the control scheme is a moot point.

Guest MikeSC
People who complain about the controls amuse me. I never played the first Halo on the Xbox (only the PC version) and I thought I would be screwed when it came to Halo 2. After about an hour in the campaign and a good long while online, the game becomes a breeze. It really isn't hard to learn at all so the control scheme is a moot point.

Agreed. I SUCK at FPS --- and I managed to get the controls down pretty well after 10 minutes.

-=Mike

Guest Coffey

It's tough to adapt to the control scheme for an FPS game on ANY console after you've been playing PC FPS games competitively for over three years.

Guest Flyboy
It's tough to adapt to the control scheme for an FPS game on ANY console after you've been playing PC FPS games competitively for over three years.

I can manage both quite easily. Inverted helps a ton as well.

I have friends who are totally hypnotized by the OVERHYPING of Halo 2. I played it, and for me, it's just Halo 1, but a bit better. I found the game to be completely boring, just as I did with Halo 1. The only thing I loved about both games was multiplayer, and that's the only reason I would play any of the Halo games.

People who complain about the controls amuse me.  I never played the first Halo on the Xbox (only the PC version) and I thought I would be screwed when it came to Halo 2.  After about an hour in the campaign and a good long while online, the game becomes a breeze.  It really isn't hard to learn at all so the control scheme is a moot point.

A combination of that and not really digging the genre though... :P

I'd not have shown the slightest interest in Prime if it were a "true" FPS.

Who the hell let this thread metamorphasize into a real topic?