TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frankie Williams

Who has been more sucsessful in WWE?

Wouldn't Vengence count as a title defense for Benoit too?

He main evented that one though, so I counted it in with the seven.

EDIT: I guess Survivor Series would make 8. I forgot about that one.

Benoit's been in the Upper Mid-Card/lower Main Event scene since entering WWE. He had a longer run with the Title and had more Main Event runs, including high-profile fueds with Rock and Austin when WWE was at or near it's financial peak. Not to mention that he won the Royal Rumble(which, IMO, is more important than either World Title at this point). But he's never been a top star, even when he was Champion, just a strong supporting player. During his reign, he wasn't even one of the top two stars of his brand(which were HHH & HBK).

Eddie entered WWE as a mid-carder and the number two guy behind Benoit in the Radicalz, but he worked his way up to the Main Event for a brief run. Unlike Benoit though, he was the number one star of his brand during his reign, but it was during a time when Smackdown was the lesser brand. His Title win was probably more anticipated than Benoit's and unlike WrestleMania, was the only reason people ordered the PPV-No Way Out(more people ordered WrestleMania for Old-School Taker's return, Foley's first match in 4 years, Rock's return, the "Semi-dream match" between Brock-Goldberg and possibly Eddie-Angle, than the Three Way).

Overall, I would say Benoit's been more successful...due to his experience in the Main Event and high profile matches.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

I dont think you can say Benoit main evented Mania and say Eddie did not. In terms of build they were on the same level, and neither was the most promoted match on the show. To me, just because a match gets the last spot on the show, that doesn't mean they "main evented". I went to Mania 18 and nobody would say Jerihco-HHH was the main event over Hogan-Rock.

Also, it goes back to dollars and cents, which is where I'd say Eddie did better than Chris.