TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nighthawk

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

Redman's video for I'll Bee Dat is one of my favorite Hip-Hop videos ever. How could anybody hate this?

I never liked Queensryche. I know a dude who loves them, and thinks that "Operation Mindcrime" is one of the best albums ever. Also, my brother calls them "the kings of the mullet"

Meh, I didn't care for My Life in the Bush of Ghosts that much. I tried, I really did. It angries up the blood in a way I don't enjoy. It makes me feel paranoid.

Here he goes again...

The band NoFx needs to be shot into space and then blasted with a laser for royally sucking at everything they try to do.

The band NoFx needs to be shot into space and then blasted with a laser for royally sucking at everything they try to do.

shut up, republican greaseball. just ignore nofx that everyone else. they're fine.

Guest DRH 502

Did Eminem ever release a tribute song to Proof??? I've been waiting for months, and I check AllHipHop.com daily for possible updates on this, but alas no go. I imagine if/when he does it will probably be on of the best songs of 2006...

What is wrong in the hip hop world that they have to have songs about Chain's hung low and peanut butter? I long for the old days of east vs west.

Didn't Eminem do a concert in honor of proof a couple weeks ago?

How's this for random? Queensryche's "Silent Lucidity" comes on the radio and all I can think of is Beast from the 90's X-Men cartoon (George Buza) singing it because he sounds just like the vocalist. :huh:

A free concert downtown had the funniest radio promotion for a concert I've ever heard. It was like "Maine's own Pete Kilpatrick faces off with Boston's Grace Potter and The Nocturnels. It's a musical showdown, Boston Vs Maine. Thursday in Monument Square" It made me really pumped for the concert even though I'm only a minor fan of Kilpatrick and haven't even heard a single song by Potter. It makes it sound like there'll be some kind of wild brawl.

Thanks to the wonders of soulseek, I've been listening to a bunch of rare funk and rare groove.

You think NoFX is bad, just wait until you hear Anti-Flag.

Guest wildpegasus

My memory sucks so I need help remembering what is perhaps the most annoying song and video of all time.

This is all I can remember right now.

Part of the lyrics went something like this "Captain Morgan everyday when I get up.."

It is definitely more of a girl's song

It is sung by a male singer

In the video he does some kind of weird "splits" where they than "zoom" inbetween the legs

It hit #1 on the MuchMusic Countdown a few years? or more? ago. If it didn't hit #1 than it was very close. I am kind of sure it was #1 for more than 1 week.

I know that's vague but that's all I can remember right now. Since it was a #1 song it shouldn't be that, that hard to locate. I've been trying to find a history of #1 videos on Muchmusic to trigger my memory but I can't specifically locate anything.

Thanks a million to anyone who helps me.

On that album alone I'd say "ELT" and "Nothingsevergonnastandinmyway(again)" are catchier.

Upon further listen, I think Candy Floss may be tops. But what a great album.

Guest wildpegasus
My memory sucks so I need help remembering what is perhaps the most annoying song and video of all time.

This is all I can remember right now.

Part of the lyrics went something like this "Captain Morgan everyday when I get up.."

It is definitely more of a girl's song

It is sung by a male singer

In the video he does some kind of weird "splits" where they than "zoom" inbetween the legs

It hit #1 on the MuchMusic Countdown a few years? or more? ago. If it didn't hit #1 than it was very close. I am kind of sure it was #1 for more than 1 week.

I know that's vague but that's all I can remember right now. Since it was a #1 song it shouldn't be that, that hard to locate. I've been trying to find a history of #1 videos on Muchmusic to trigger my memory but I can't specifically locate anything.

Thanks a million to anyone who helps me.

Don't worry about looking for the song anymore guys. I got help there on another board.

Woke up early this morning to purchase tickets to the Iron Maiden/Bullet For My Valentine show in October. First time seeing Maiden and I cannot fucking wait.

BFMV sucks though but I've heard they're good live. We'll see.

-I bought "Liquid Swords" recently, and if you ask me, it lives up to the hype.

-I've mentioned this before, but I have a thing for 60's and 70's French and Italian movie and TV show soundtracks

-Edwin is right when he says Girl Talk's "Night Ripper" is a hell of a lot of fun.

-I've been thinking about getting either "Panopticon" or "Oceanic" by Isis somedy. Which one is better?

-I bought "Liquid Swords" recently, and if you ask me, it lives up to the hype.

Good man. You should try some other Wu solo projects and side projects if you haven't already.

Also, I downloaded these two albums from EMule titled Vietnam War Song I, And Vietnam War Songs II, and it's like all the songs you hear in Vietnam movies.

There's tons of cool shit on them.

The fucking Age of Aquarious is on disc 2.

Can somebody school me on the following bands? I know a little about them, and have some of thier music. Most of it's Greatest hits or newer shit.

If somebody could at least name each of them's best albums, that would be cool as fuck.

Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young

Eric Clapton

Queen

Roy Orbison

Rush

Seals & Crofts

The Rolling Stones

Can somebody school me on the following bands? I know a little about them, and have some of thier music. Most of it's Greatest hits or newer shit.

If somebody could at least name each of them's best albums, that would be cool as fuck.

Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young- Deja Vu

Eric Clapton- Blind Faith, any of the Cream discs.

Rush- If you're avoiding hits packages, Moving Pictures is their signature "commercial" release. 2112 is Rush at its' proggiest,

The Rolling Stones- Best bes is any of their records from 68-72: Begger's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile. Then maybe Hot Rocks to get the earlier singles if you really want stuff like Satisfaction and Get Offa My Cloud. AVOID pretty much any record from 1973 on, although Some Girls has some stuff that's "Respectable"

(sorry). Unfortunately, on Some Girls, for every great track like "When the Whip Comes Down" you have crap like "Faraway Eyes"...

alright. im just looking to get started on these bands for now. I just wanna hear thier best stuff, but not greatest hits.

I'll check out the albums you recommended.

The ones i get in to, I'll ask for more suggestions for.

Summer Teeth is Wilco's catchiest song.

Having read this thread but not heard any Wilco songs, I downloaded this and found it pleasant but boring. Is all of their music like that?

Propagandhi is good but it seems like all the guy sings about is how cool he is. That and puzzling references to third-world dictators.