TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phenom

OAO Armageddon Thread.

Guest Fook_Theta

Chavo was getting some cheers as a heel. All the latino guys get some cheering after all.

Nice leaping side kick or "Jumping leg lariat."

Guest LooneyTune

AKIO pinned someone?! Especially CHAVO!?! What the fuck? Thats gonna kill the crowd.

Guest Fook_Theta

Didn't like that finish. Akio winning was fine, but that spinkick didn't look like a finisher to me.

Didn't like that finish. Akio winning was fine, but that spinkick didn't look like a finisher to me.

Eh, I bought it. It had good velocity - Chavo's selling of it left something to be desired, though.

God bless Paul London, also, and his willingness to die for our entertainment.

Guest LooneyTune

Entertaining match to get the crowd started... they should've let the faces go over though.

Meltzer:

"Chavo Guerrero & Paul London vs. Akio & Billy Kidman is the Heat match, and if it's given any time, it could be the best match of the night. Akio pinned Chavo with a spin kick. Very good first match. Don't be surprised to see Chavo do a turn soon.

They are doing a no DQ match in the main event. They are pushing JBL very hard as the underdog, as they are doing with Funaki. Usually they use reverse psychology."

Guest Fook_Theta

Nah, with all those other kicks in this match that I don't think anyone can argue looked much more stiff, it seemed out of place. I'll stretch it to say if Chavo did that flipping 360/180 spin bump that it might look plausible, but it seemed like the ref got called for time and they wrapped it up quickly.

I wonder if a quick and nasty looking submission wouldn't have been a bad idea, but I'm probably biased in that respect. Tried in true Akio-sault would have worked.

...this is the second year in a row they made the Armageddon Main Event video package make the match seem more golden than before.

You can't fault the production team...the video packages always rock, even if they have nothing to work with.

Guest LooneyTune

Last years main event looked A LOT WORSE on paper...Goldberg vs. barley mobile HHH vs. Kane... somehow they managed to fuck up the obvious finish for the match, and gave it to HHH again.

Last years main event looked A LOT WORSE on paper...Goldberg vs. barley mobile HHH vs. Kane... somehow they managed to fuck up the obvious finish for the match, and gave it to HHH again.

They fucked it up by putting Triple H in the match in the first place, if you ask me.

They fucked it up by putting Triple H in the match in the first place, if you ask me.

Especially considering in the weeks leading up to Armageddon, HHH did literally nothing as the focus was on Kane vs. Goldberg the entire time.

Guest LooneyTune

Thats 2 fuck ups. Kane, although not even close to being a worker to carry ANYONE, was the #1 Heel at the time I think. If it weren't for that Shane McMahon crap, he probably would've won the title. I mean, he should've gotten SOME reward for the Katie Vick angle.

...just a thought...is this the first Smackdown PPV in a while that has had all the Smackdown title belts on the line?

I mean, the Tag Titles are being defended now, the Cruiserweight title is up for grabs in Spike/Funaki, US Title with the Street Fight, and of course the main.

Guest LooneyTune

The No Mercy PPV had all 4 Titles on the line I think. Spike vs. Nunzio, UT vs. JBL, Kenzo/Rene vs. RVD/Rey, Cena vs. Booker

...just a thought...is this the first Smackdown PPV in a while that has had all the Smackdown title belts on the line?

I mean, the Tag Titles are being defended now, the Cruiserweight title is up for grabs in Spike/Funaki, US Title with the Street Fight, and of course the main.

Judgment Day had all the titles at stake. Oh yeah, and No Mercy too.