TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Amazing Rando

The Alan Clark/Landon Maddix Saga

Greetings,

Since I was bored, I thought I would go back and chronicle as much of the Alan Clark vs. Landon Maddix feud as I could, though I'm sure I'll end up missing something. This stretches from the Euro Title Match in November 2003 all the way to the USJL Iron Man match.

Enjoy.

THE SJL

It was an innocent championship match in the middle of November that started things off. Both men loved by the crowds, but Maddix stared at the harsh reality that was Todd Royal, the two bitter rivals. Little did anyone, especially Alan Clark, know what was just around the corner for all three men.

Landon Maddix © vs. Alan Clark - European Championship Match - SJL Wrath 11/23/03. Well call this one the one that started it all. This one is great because I give Ejiro a huge hug and the Italian version of Marilyn Manson's "The Fight Song". Also contains one of my favorite heat sequences, even if it's somewhat squashy.

Todd Royal © vs. Alan Clark - Number One Contendership Match - SJL Crimson 12/11/03. Alan Clark pulls out the victory over Todd Royal, only for Landon Maddix to attack, joining the House of Todd only a few weeks after Clark defeated Maddix for the European Championship.

Alan Clark © vs. Landon Maddix - European Championship - SJL Crimson 1/8/04. Notable for Clark nearly having his eye taken out.

Alan Clark © vs. Landon Maddix - Unification Two-Out-Of-Three Falls Match - SJL Metal - The Final Show - 1/26/04. You know what's it's notable for.

THE SWF

Running from an acoustic concert in March to a long-winded blowoff in June, watch as caution is thrown to the wind as the final big JL feud is revived in the Spring of 04.

Alan Clark LIVE IN CONCERT - SWF Lockdown 3/17/04. The feud restarts in bizarre fashion.

"Questions & Answers" - Maddix interrupts a Clark Q&A at the University of Seattle.

Landon Maddix LIVE!! - Feel the musical genius.

Landon and Megan Chat - An "SWF.net Exclusive" gives way to a surprise ending.

"Am...Am Not" - Clark talks about Maddix LIVE! and is REAL, and such.

The Wayward Sons vs. The House of Todd - SWF Smarkdown 4/19/04. The only tag victory for the Sons, ever. (the over-the-top battle royal doesn't count)

"Emptiness" - the hype package for the Empty Arena match. Later in the same show as the previous match. Song: "Famous" by Finger Eleven. It fit it so perfectly, and also had Maddix speaking to a congregation of sorts.

"A Fire Burns" - A Walk Through The Woods with Clark.

"Erosion" - Alan Clark heads to the desert.

Clark/Maddix Battleground Commercial

"...At The Arena" - Alan Clark promo 4/23(4)/04.

Alan Clark vs. Landon Maddix - Empty Arena Match - Battleground PPV 4/26/03. Their first one on one match since January, inside an empty arena. Notable for Clark's use of the OTD.

"99 Problems" - Landon visits Commish Zenon, vowing to make Alan accept his challenge for a fifth and deciding match of their "series".

Ben Hardy interviews Alan Clark - SWF Smarkdown 5/24/03. Nothing too spectacular, but part of the history. Pinpoints a main reason why Clark wants to defeat Maddix.

"Acceptance" - SWF Storm 5/28/03. Landon calls out Alan, and the challenge is finally answered. Notable for being posted by Strangler and for Clark making veiled sexual comments towards Megan Skye.

"Evolution" - Hype Package for Iron Man - SWF Lockdown 6/3/04. Mak Francis, BAY-BEE, and probably my favorite of my big three hype packages in the SWF. Song: "The Show Must Go On" by Queen.

Landon Maddix © vs. Alan Clark - USJL Championship Iron Man Match - From The Fire PPV 6/14/04. The subject of much mockery over being insanely long, moronically detailed, and having one of the silliest pre-matches ever.

So there you have it. Wow, Over 8 months (even during the Thugg feud it was talked about a bit - in one of my favorite personal promos ever), myself and Landon worked hard to keep the rest of the fed entertained and coming back for more, and as I spent my time reading over all of this - i hoped that we did just that.

Uhm, just for the record, I was being tongue in cheek. Reading it back, it looks a little like I'm disrespecting the almighty Eddie Mac. Who owns me. Thank you.

Bitch please, I live for disrespect. It keeps me curmudgeonly.