TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Shadow Behind You

Raw Thread 12. 13. 2004

The Return of Eric Bischoff

DEC. 13, 2004

After a month-long vacation, Eric Bischoff returns to RAW. But the show he’s coming back to is much different from the one he left. After four wild weeks under the reign of Team Orton, the Women’s Championship has changed hands and the World Heavyweight Championship has been vacated. Tonight, it will be up to Bischoff to determine what to do with the World Heavyweight Championship. The entire RAW roster -- especially Edge, Chris Benoit and Triple H -- will be anxiously awaiting his decision. What will the General Manager do? Tune in tonight (9/8 CT; Spike TV) to find out.

Also tonight, the long-standing rivalry between Randy Orton and Edge will reach its boiling point. When these two meet in the ring, all of their pent-up anger and hostility will be unleashed.

And Muhammad Hassan will appear on RAW. For some time now, he’s been voicing his no-holds-barred opinions and has promised that those who practice hypocrisy and prejudice will pay a steep price. Will he be able to back up his words tonight?

With the World Heavyweight Championship now vacated, anyone could conceivably become champion. Triple H has already attempted to make his case to the returning GM. Will his pleas fall on deaf ears? RAW viewers may well see the fall of the old champion, and the rise of a new one. Tune in to RAW Monday (9/8 CT on Spike TV) to see how it all goes down.

---

OAO likely will take place at the same fourm as last two weeks.

The Bitch and Dumb Comment headquarters.

The only reason I can see them having the Orton/Edge match already is that New Year's Revolution will be a tournament show.

Okay, so that's really more what I want to happen. I love tournaments.

Tournament is so fucking logical it's not even funny.

First off; it'll draw better then a EC match would and Triple H can go over 2 or three men at once.

I Predict a 8 man one night tournament.

Triple H vs Orton (I'm convinced they have scrapped this program)

Shelton Benjamin Vs Batista

Jericho Vs Snitsky

Edge Vs Benoit. (the two that started it are programed so they aren't again involved in constroversy over the title)

HHH over Orton via Batistia

Benjamin over Batistia via HHH's fuck up.

Jericho over Snitsky

Edge over Benoit via Cheatage.

HHH over Benjamin with Batista's help...Jericho over Edge.

HHH over Jericho to win reign #10. Then @ the Rumble Batistia does the Virgil turn when HHH goes over Benjamin in a champion vs champion match (and for part one of the returned jobs). Batistia then dominates the rumble drawing #20 eliminating 7 but HHH screws him over. sets up HHH/Batistia.

A tournament would definitely make me more interested.

It'd also make it easier to "screw" Orton, seeing as how he could be eliminated early by a disqualification or something, and you could keep the people apart you need to keep apart (HHH and Batista, HHH and Orton, you get the idea).

I'd guess they won't be doing that, though.

Most likely Bischoff will announce an Elimination chamber match for New Year's Revolution, which is the opposite of what most of us want. :(

The opposite would be to straight up book Triple H Vs Randy Orton for the title.

Knowing Bischoff he'll book a Battle Royal for the title this time and tell vince "I assure you Steven Richards is nowhere near this one"

Guest Evolution

I'm pumped to see Bischoff back, since for some reason, his new hairstyle has made me no longer mind him anymore.

I'm hoping for a tournament as well, but I will take an Elimination Chamber as long as there is potential for it to be awesome. That's about all I can think of to be excited for regarding this show, as whatever Lita could possibly get involved in will likely not be as exciting as watching her almost kill herself, Shelton has fallen into a "boring face champion" even faster than I expected, and honestly, I'm sick of the Divas. They do know that it isn't working, right? They're just doing it to spite us, right?

Where do they PUT the EC at anyways? I refuse to think there's a .5 Million dollar structure of steel and metal and fiberglass just sitting in warehouse in CT.

The problem with tournaments is they lead to crappy matches because the guys are too blown up to go balls out. The Elimination Chamber has the (unproven) potential to be great, whereas the only person I would trust to not stink up the place in a tourney is Benoit.

Where do they PUT the EC at anyways? I refuse to think there's a .5 Million dollar structure of steel and metal and fiberglass just sitting in warehouse in CT.

...personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

I'm sure they have a bunch of stuff like that in there.

To which I say...BRING BACK THE IRON BARS CAGES INSTED OF THE CRAPPY MESH ONES! >_<

I'd love to see them hold a world title tournament like they did at SSeries 98. Like Kotz, I'm a huge tournament mark. Knowing WWE, they'll probably bust out with the Elimination Chamber consisting of Benoit, Edge, Orton, HHH, Batista, and probably Jericho.

BRING BACK THE IRON BARS CAGES INSTED OF THE CRAPPY MESH ONES!  >_<

So long as its not blue.

Which it shouldn't be.

The last time they used that cage (either McMahon/Austin or Snow/Bossman Kennel from Hell) it was black, I do believe.

why does Deon & Meltz both say "Probably" jericho? Who else would even be in the match? He's been connected with the other 5 more then the rest of roster has and he's a upper-carder.

I honestly don't think people understand how counter-productive a SIX MAN EC match is on a Solo brand card.

All that leaves us with is Benjamin/Christian III, Eugene and Regal Vs LeRez XIV and some woman's match. Maybe Rosey/Dean...and two filler matches.

I'd love to see them hold a world title tournament like they did at SSeries 98.

As much as I loved the pay-per-view, the matches sucked.

Just saying.

The problem with tournaments is they lead to crappy matches because the guys are too blown up to go balls out. The Elimination Chamber has the (unproven) potential to be great, whereas the only person I would trust to not stink up the place in a tourney is Benoit.

Most tournaments don't have the matches all take place in one night...

yea, I'm aware that is the case sometimes, but it could also be like how they did the KotR qualifying matches, with matches each week on RAW. Then there's no problem with 'getting blown up'.

Maven should just run in and kill Eugene.

get a good match in before using the Maven program.

I'd rather them start up my Rhyno/Tajiri heel turn with them KILLING eugene and taking the titles away from Regal in a handicap match and then Eugene making his return with the rock in his corner against them and Trish in Tajiri/Rhyno's corner. *That is if the rock doesn't do a full program this time*

The problem with tournaments is they lead to crappy matches because the guys are too blown up to go balls out.  The Elimination Chamber has the (unproven) potential to be great, whereas the only person I would trust to not stink up the place in a tourney is Benoit.

yea, I'm aware that is the case sometimes, but it could also be like how they did the KotR qualifying matches, with matches each week on RAW. Then there's no problem with 'getting blown up'.

The appeal of a tournament is the "who will win" and that's what a One night Tournament provides and it's a good buyrate sell.

1998 Survivor Series is the last truely great Sportz Entertainment shows ever. All the matches blew ass but the storyline was just brilliant from top to bottom.

The problem with tournaments is they lead to crappy matches because the guys are too blown up to go balls out.  The Elimination Chamber has the (unproven) potential to be great, whereas the only person I would trust to not stink up the place in a tourney is Benoit.

The appeal of a tournament is the "who will win" and that's what a One night Tournament provides and it's a good buyrate sell.

1998 Survivor Series is the last truely great Sportz Entertainment shows ever. All the matches blew ass but the storyline was just brilliant from top to bottom.

Aww, you didn't think the 1999 Royal Rumble was a good Sports Entertainment show? ^^

Hey Chris, you going to NWO?

No, I'm not.

2 reasons why:

1) Work schedule probably won't allow it.

2) Pittsburgh is the complete other side of the state of PA, and I'm in Southern New Jersey. So it's quite a distance.

Now, if it was in either Philly or Atlantic City, I may have gone.

The last time they used that cage (either McMahon/Austin or Snow/Bossman Kennel from Hell) it was black, I do believe.

It was used for Christian/Edge in 2001, but most of 2002 and 2003 (especially RAW brand) is a blur, so it might have made an appearance afterwards.

Regarding Cage Matches, I would like it if one brand used the bars and had escape-only rules, and the other the mesh with pinfall/submissions only. It would help differentiate between the brands better, and let fans know what the rules are ahead of time. Half the time it seems that they make up the rules on the spot.

Guest JebusNassedar

"Clangy pipes are just like annoying running gags that cross over boards.. You don't know why they're there, but you're damn glad they are."

EDIT: What an embarassing post 200.

Are there AIM chats set up or other forums for RAW now, if so, what are they?