TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 15

Two years ago the Jets slaughtered Indy in the playoffs.

I don't believe too much has changed between the teams since then.

Guest Vitamin X
Doing a very quick rundown of this year's OT games, I see that there have been only 10 OT games thus far.

In exactly 3 of them, the team that got the ball first won the game without the other getting the ball.

Now, this was a very, very quick check I did and could be incomplete data, but that's 30% of the time that one team never got the ball. It also is for this year only, but I think I'm fairly safe in saying that you won't see too much of a variance from that 30% figure.

Where is the crisis again?

Just for reference, the 10 games OT games I see this year are:

NO/StL in week 3

Hou/Min in week 5

SF/Ariz in week 5

Sea/StL in week 5

Phi/Cle in week 7

Chi/Ten in week 10

Bal/NYJ in week 10

Det/Jax in week 10

SF/Ariz in week 14

Atl/Car in week 15

If I've missed any (which is pretty likely), feel free to correct me.

It's not just this year. I'm talking about overall. Maybe this year was an aberration, I'm not sure, but I'm more inclined to believe Slayer's figure than yours. What was your source of information?

I'm positive I'm not the only person who feels the current sudden-death FG system is shit. And we wouldn't be complaining without any valid grounds, so this isn't some sort of whacked-out, radical idea.

If I was Indy, I'd rather get the 4 seed over the 3 seed, since the 3 seed will play the 6 seed, and that might be Buffalo, Jacksonville or Baltimore, teams with very good defenses.  I think Indy would probably have a better chance at home against the Jets instead of facing a real tough defense, and then facing ANOTHER one on the road the next week.

Holding 7 opponents scoreless for a half is tough defense, I think.

Okay so the NFL Monday Night Countdown crew just had a fucking orgasm over the mere image of Tom Brady. I'm not exaggerating.

"Oh! Ah! A suit! He's dressed! He's coming to work!"

"Look at THAT! Ooh!"

"He's comin'!"

"Lookin' good Tom!"

god he's the Randy Orton of the NFL.

Doing a very quick rundown of this year's OT games, I see that there have been only 10 OT games thus far.

In exactly 3 of them, the team that got the ball first won the game without the other getting the ball.

Now, this was a very, very quick check I did and could be incomplete data, but that's 30% of the time that one team never got the ball.  It also is for this year only, but I think I'm fairly safe in saying that you won't see too much of a variance from that 30% figure. 

Where is the crisis again? 

Just for reference, the 10 games OT games I see this year are:

NO/StL in week 3

Hou/Min in week 5

SF/Ariz in week 5

Sea/StL in week 5

Phi/Cle in week 7

Chi/Ten in week 10

Bal/NYJ in week 10

Det/Jax in week 10

SF/Ariz in week 14

Atl/Car in week 15

If I've missed any (which is pretty likely), feel free to correct me.

It's not just this year. I'm talking about overall. Maybe this year was an aberration, I'm not sure, but I'm more inclined to believe Slayer's figure than yours. What was your source of information?

I'm positive I'm not the only person who feels the current sudden-death FG system is shit. And we wouldn't be complaining without any valid grounds, so this isn't some sort of whacked-out, radical idea.

Nobody ever said it was a whacked-out, radical idea. And no, you're not the only one to feel this way about the issue. I just don't see it as a huge problem, is all. Why fix something that isn't particularly broken?

And, for the record, my source of info was cnnsi.com (would've used ESPN, but it was loading incredibly slow for some reason). I scanned their scoreboards for each week of the NFL, spotted all the OT games, and then checked the play-by-play recap to see who had possession(s) in OT. I might've missed a couple of games in my haste, and I didn't have time to check other years as I was at work, but the article pinjockey linked to really sounds about right to me. Until proven otherwise, I'm going with that.

Okay so the NFL Monday Night Countdown crew just had a fucking orgasm over the mere image of Tom Brady. I'm not exaggerating.

"Oh! Ah! A suit! He's dressed! He's coming to work!"

"Look at THAT! Ooh!"

"He's comin'!"

"Lookin' good Tom!"

god he's the Randy Orton of the NFL.

:lol:

Nah no ties in hockey either. Bring on the shootout.

In the AHL this year, after 5 minutes of overtime is decided, a shootout decides the winner. So in the standings they have

Win, Loss, Overtime Loss and Shootout Loss.

Its interesting to say the least.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

The Fins are a lot closer thus far than anyone was ever considering. Man oh man would it hurt the Pats if they got hijacked by the Dolphins.

Guest Failed Mascot

The Pats Special Team coverage players should be ashamed. They've been made to look like fools all year now.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
The Fins are a lot closer thus far than anyone was ever considering. Man oh man would it hurt the Pats if they got hijacked by the Dolphins.

Uh oh, sports fans.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Miami taks the lead.

Wow. of ALL the teams to take NE out of the HFA seat...I never thought Miami could be it...actually no im not shocked. It's the kind of thing Miami would do.

Wait...Tom Brady plays for the Patriots...1:20 left? Patriots got it in the bag.