TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

PROMO: Plans

It's a cold winter night in Minneapolis, Minnesota...and also, a very windy night judging from the continuous swooshing noise that can be heard in the background. Somewhere in what seems to be some sort of park, the SWF Intercontinental Television Champion Landon Maddix is stood in the warmest warm-up gear he could presumably find. Steam comes from his breath as he begins to rub his hands in a futile attempt to stay warm, noticeably shivering.

"And so, the day is almost here. December 19th, Sla..."

"Uhm...it's December 21st actually." mumbles a voice from behind the camera, presumably from the cameraman himself.

"Yeah, right. December 21st, Slay Ride. The single biggest night of my career to date, without question. It's bigger than the Two Out Of Three Falls Match with Alan Clark, the last ever SJL match, when I won the SJL World Heavyweight Title. It's bigger than my SWF debut against Sacred. Bigger than even my first SWF World Title shot against Charlie Matthews. Because this time, people actually think I have a chance of winning. It's the biggest night of my career, biggest night...of my life. One night, one match, one chance to become the number one man in this company. But, of course, you know that."

Landon turns his head to the side, spitting to the side, presumably risking catching a hefty cold by being out in a park in the early hours of a December morning.

"We all know how important this match is. It's for the SWF World Heavyweight Championship, main event of a live Pay Per View...of COURSE it's important. I know I'm looking forward to this match. You Toxxic, you know what this is like. You know what it's like to walk out in the main event spot of a Pay Per View event, with all the pressure of defending the World Heavyweight Championship. And evidentally, you know how to win. I know you're confident Toxxic. Heck, you know you're confident. You'e Toxxic. Two-time World Heavyweight Champion. One half of the Tag Team Champions. Former two-time ICTV Champion. Of course you're confident. However, and here's comes another clichéd 'life lesson...as much as you know, you don't know. 'As much as you know, you'll never know it all'. And if there's one thing you don't know...

...it's me."

Now a smile adorns Maddix's face as he adjusts the ICTV Championship belt that sits on his shoulder, as it ALWAYS does...not something you'd expect to see someone carrying in a park. Unless of course, that person was Landon Maddix.

"You see Toxxic, the thing about you and me is that our careers haven't yet crossed paths for any lengthy amount of time until now. Should you have debuted a few months earlier, you'd have ended up in the SJL where no doubt you'd have been chasing after MY World Title. An odd parallel, huh? After that, we never seemed to cross paths in the SWF. While I was chasing titles, you were busy establishing yourself...and somewhere along the way, you passed me on the way towards the top, while I was being held up with Chris Card and all that crap. We met once, granted. One tag team match which lo-and-behold, myself and Tom Flesher won. But besides that, we never had the reason to face each other. As time went on and you went through the top half of the roster, I was beginning to build up another ICTV Title reign, which began the talk of Toxxic versus Maddix. The two youngsters. The two men who'd benefitted most from the 'new generation'. You could even say, the two leaders of the 'new generation'. The more the talk intensified, it seems the more we were held apart. For that special occassion. And what mor..."

Suddenly, Maddix is cut off from his lengthy talk by the sound of panting approaching ever closer to him, until he finally has to stop. The panting isn't coming from a dog though. Though it does sound similar. No, it's the panting of the SWF Women's Champion Megan Skye, breathing heavily as she jogs over to Maddix and stops by his side, crouched over in exhaustion.

"Ah, Megan...uhm...fancy seeing you here!"

"Ve..very funny...Landon. I thought..this was supposed..to be a..joint training session."

"Well, it is. But I'm the number one contender now Megs, which means I have to give these guys a promo or two before Slay Ride. You know, to increase the buyrate."

"Increase your payrate you mean." Megan snaps, getting her breath back. "Can I..sit down now?"

"You know, these pole type of matches...there's a lot of climbing involved. And there'll be a lot of need for some cardio vascular back-up if you're having to go from one side of the ring and back repeatedly, as well as wrestling a match. Better...better give it one more lap."

Megan glares at Maddix as she realises he's serious, before taking a deep breath and jogging off again. Shaking off the interruption, Maddix smiles as he turns back to the camera.

"Women. Sheesh! Anyway, as I was saying...what more special of occassions could there be than Christmas? And what better present to the fans could there be to SWF fans than giving them, finally, Toxxic versus Landon Maddix one on one?"

"Well, I guess if Eji..."

"It was a rhetorical question dummy." Maddix grunts to the cameraman under his breath. "Anyway, Toxxic, you don't know me, because you've never been in the ring with me, save for a few short exchanges in that tag match months ago. That could have all changed on Lockdown. It was your chance to get a pre-Slay Ride assessment of my style, my speed, my strength. Hell, it would been to your benefit Toxxic. You wasted it though, didn't you? When it came down to you and me, you baulked at the thought of giving away any Toxxic 'secrets', so you sent in your cronies to try and give you a bit of protection. Once again, Toxxic and Revolution Zero use their numbers advantage to get what they want, right?"

Maddix chuckles under his breath. Holding up five fingers on his left hand, Maddix smiles as he holds up just two on the right...pausing for a moment, before holding up the other three.

"Wrong!"

Down goes one finger on the right.

"Oh yes, Spike did a number on Kaine...real bad. But with him out of the way..."

Down goes a left finger, presumably representing Spike Jenkins. And as the smile on his face grows, one by one Maddix drops down the rest of his left fingers until all that remain are the four on his right hand.

"It suddenly...fell...apart. You thought you had it all figured out again, didn't you Toxxic. Wait until it came down to you and me. The very moment that I'd been waiting for. You waited until you and me got into the ring, until we locked eyes...the moment that I could smell the chance of kicking your ass. And then, in come the cronies. I suppose you thought that you'd just be able to walk off while I was stuck against Sacred and Davis and then, I'd be so determined to get to you at Slay Ride that I'd possibly end up losing my cool, losing my focus and maybe even getting myself DQed. A very nice plan. And that's coming from someone who knows quite a bit about plans. But, it didn't work. You didn't reckon on Ghost and Cortez did you."

Clenching up his other fist, Maddix looks off into the distance for a moment, while the cameraman is forced to wipe some of the steam off of the camera lens.

"You see, that's your problem Toxxic. You're caught up in this whole 'ruler' persona...and you see everyone as mere pawns in 'your' world now. Trouble is, that makes you think you can treat these pawns however you like. But you can't. Us 'pawns' have had enough of Revolution Zero and we're not gonna stand for your games anymore. With me, heading the resistance. All I need...is your World Heavyweight Championship belt."

Slowly, Maddix removes the ICTV Championship from his shoulder, cupping it in his hands with a wistful gaze as he looks into the main gold plate.

"Your plan backfired. Mine? At Slay Ride, my plan isn't going to backfire. We've gone through all the ins and outs, all the what-ifs and all of the possible things that could go wrong. Not gonna happen. See Toxxic, I know you don't know me. So, let me fill you in on something. I ALWAYS have a plan..."

Maddix's smile grows another few inches, as he puts the ICTV Championship back over his shoulder.

"And believe me, THIS one...is a doozy! See you Tuesday night Toxx."

Looking set to revel in his apparent happiness, Maddix is cut off in mid-chuckle as Megan comes panting back over, even more exhausted than the last time. She doesn't seem too happy with all the laps she's having to do at 2 o'clock in the morning. I wonder why.

"That's..four laps. Now...ar..are you gonna..do some work now?"

With a wry smile, Maddix looks at his watch.

"Maybe later. I fancy a latté."

Pulling off her gloves, Megan hurls them at Maddix before storming off screen as the ICTV Champ shrugs his shoulders.

"...something I said?"

Heh, at least you made a joke out of the dates and stuff. Nice brooding build up stuff here.

I look forward to it being an un-readable spotfest.

Here's my plan. YOU SUCK~!

Nice promo maddix. I'd do a build-up one, but I can only get onto the net on someone else's computer now. And I can't currently save work onto disc from my old computer. look forward to a competing match... if I can get it in.