TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boner Kawanger

The Flash: The Movie

David Goyer, the writer/producer for the recently released Blade Trinity, has announced that his next project will be a film version DC Comics' Flash for Warner Brothers. According to statements made to Variety, Goyer will write, direct, and produce the film, which will use a college-aged Jay Garrick as the Flash.

Credit: Newsarama

Well, on one hand, The Flash is one of my favorite super-heroes, and David Goyer also wrote Batman Begins. On the other, the reason I like The Flash so much is Geoff Johns' approach at creating a legacy of speedsters. Wally West is also the version I prefer. We'll see what happens. Maybe the origin will involve hard water, and he can wear that Mercury helmet. :P

I'd go for a Wally West version juxtaposed with Barry Allen myself. I also thought that the John Wesley Shipp TV version wasn't bad either.

Letting Goyer create a Jay Garrick version is pretty cool, but doesn't seem too smart considering it's Wally in the Justice League Unlimited and in JLA.

Seriously, Goyer needs to calm down.

I can't get my hopes up for this.

Knowing WB track record lately, they'll cast some fucktard like Jimmy Fallon as Flash to book-end with their Jack Black Green Lantern flick.

FYI, the Jack Black Green Lantern thing isn't going to happen and actually was never going to happen. Jack Black himself said he'd never been contacted. I think WB is finally on the right track with their DC properties. The upcoming Superman and Batman movies are shaping up to be pretty good..

And I thought Goyer said he was going with Wally West?

I heard that it was going to be Wally West as well. The questions are who are going to be casted. Let's get creative here people

Flash- Ryan Renyolds or Sean Astin

Villians I would go with either these three for the movie

Captain Cold- No clue who to cast right now

The Top- Jude Law

Reverse-Flash- Mark Paul Gosslar I seriously think that he can pull off the role

Who would you like to see?

Speaking of the Flash some Smallville sites have reported that the WB is interested in making a Flash TV show spinoff based on the Bart Allen verison from Smallville. I liked that ep so I would loved to see a TV show based on him.

am I crazy, or does Ryan Reynolds look a LOT like Jason Lee?

He's like a sexier Jason Lee.

I could buy him as the Flash.

Jude Law as The Top is just wishful thinking, though.

Law is rumored to play either The Joker or General Zod.

I'd kill for a Jude Law Zod.

Law as Zod would be unbelievable.

Although I find him a little too pretty to really be intimidating.

From Dark Horizons:

Make all the double entendres you want about Ryan Reynolds flashing people or apparently being as quick as a flash. Whatever the case it now seems set, the DC comics character "The Flash" is definitely making a comeback and the man behind it wants his "Blade: Trinity" star in the part. Move over John Wesley Shipp it seems.

In an interview with Moviehole, Director David Goyer confirmed that "Warner Bros, and they came to me and said ‘You did a great job on Batman [Goyer wrote the "Batman Begins" script], the next big one we want to get up and running is The Flash or Green Lantern – are you interested?’. I said I would love to do The Flash. I think there’s a lot of cinematic possibilities that nobodies ever done. I’m interested in really pushing it, and dealing with relativity, so near the end of the story he’s going to be like arriving before he left, and all sorts of weird and cute little stuff"

Goyer confirmed its going to be a lot lighter than his work on "Batman" or "Blade" and will be using the character of Wally West. Casting wise "There’s nobody yet, I’m just writing it, but I would love to have Ryan [Reynolds] play Wally West".

Reynolds himself was asked about the possibility to which he replied "If that were to come to fruition it would depend on a lot of things, but one of them wouldn’t involve auditioning. Wally West is a guy that likes to have a bit of fun in his life, he’s a little bit sarcastic, a little bit acerbic, but I’d love to inject a little bit more heart into Wally. I think it’d be really cool. I mean David explained the story to me –wow, Holy Shit. His rough story for The Flash is just fucking mind-boggling. I hesitate to say its one of the best script stories I’ve heard for a long, long time. So yeah, if it were to come to fruition I’d be very excited".

I was reading an alternate rumor today with Ryan Reynolds in talks to play Wally West.

What super hero isn't RR connected to this week, though?

Iron Fist. That's all Ray Park, I think.

Let's face it, if the character involves a buff, wisecracking/sarcastic adult hero, Reynolds will be rumoured for it. So going through the list, you're probably looking at Deadpool, Flash III, Gambit, Booster Gold (Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire version), Hawkeye, probably Matter-Eater Lad if they did an older Legion, and maybe even Nova. Probably missed a few, but you get the idea...