TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE to tape Raw and SD back-to-back

Umm, I think it's rather obvious they're doing this so they can send the wrestlers home early for the holidays. They always adjust the taping schedule around Christmas.

1/31....What holiday?

Guest Heppyhack
RAW doesn't always have the Ramp, so all they would have to do is figure away to put the Smackdown backdrop/fist/screens in front of the parallelogramatron after RAW which wouldn't take long and would save the effort of dismantling the RAW set. I figure they could have it set up in 45 minutes, which would be enough of an intermission to start the show at 9pm SJ time.

Do we even know if they are selling one ticket for both shows or ticketing both shows seperately...that could give them more time to set things up.

Presumably they'll just do what they did for the UK Raw/SD tapings earlier this year - Have a basic, scaffold and backdrop based set with some show-specific add-ons (the two Raw plasma screens on the front of the stage for Raw, the standing SmackDown/Velocity plasma screen for the following day) and redress the set slightly. Moving the ramp wouldn't be too hard if they do something to break up the time.

They better have one hell of a dark match to keep people staying for that length of time. As the nobody takes the split seriously, I recommend Raw Champion v SD Champion, with a DDQ finish, and have everyone from both rosters brawling away to end things.

That happened back in March, remember? Triple H vs. Eddie Guerrrrrrrrero?

Hunter wasn't Raw Champion when that match happened. And that match and ending got over huge with the live crowd, hence why they should do it again for the live crowd, so they might want to sit through a 4hr taping.

4 hour? They gotta put Velocity and Heat with it too ma man!

I'm kinda wondering why they're going to have Raw on Valentine's Day, which is a Wednesday.

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/events/WWE-RAW-021405.jsp

February 14th is a Monday.

... And THAT is why I should not allow myself to post on here after 2 a.m. when I've just gotten home from the bars.

In my personal opinion I think both shows suck as much as the other, the only difference they have is that RAW is pushing the right people (except for Orton) and on SD the right people is stuck in the midcard.

Guest Mr. Wrestling

The tapings are on January 31st though. The holidays are over by that point, so there's no feasible reason for them to do this.

This reminds me so much of late WCW. Remember guys, with Velocity and Heat, this taping will be nearly 6 hours long. By the time Smackdown starts, the crowd will be dead.

Guest Catcher8C

I think it has to do with promoting this year's interpromotional matches at WM. It would probably be easier with both rosters together. Also, it could mean something big, like all of the former ECW wrestlers teaming up to take down SD! and Raw to promote their PPV, or maybe Brock returning. I think it all boils down to WWE probably wanting to create a hype and ratings boost similar to the draft lottery leading into WM.

Guest Teckneek
What are they going to do about the sets?

I bet they use a set that isnt based on either the smackdown or raw sets that both brands can use, kinda like what they did during the UK tour.