6 National Treasure $6,110,000/$132,835,000

7 Christmas with the Kranks $5,700,000/$62,306,000

8 The Flight of the Phoenix $5,150,000/$5,150,000

9 Closer $3,500,000/$18,952,000

10 The Incredibles $3,263,000/$237,121,000

11 The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie $2,000,000/$76,359,000

12 Finding Neverland $1,915,411/$16,863,485

---------------------

Finding Neverland was on just under a thousand screens, while Closer was on just over a thousand.

I don't know what it was projected to do, but Snickets seemed to fall pretty short from what most people were guessing on the board last week.

Out of the top 12

-Alexander

-Sideways

-Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

The Incredibles is now #37 all time for U.S. boxoffice gross, in between Ghostbusters and Beverly Hills Cop.

Opening Dec 22

-Meet The Fockers

-Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera (Limited)

-Hotel Rwanda (Limited)

Dec 24

-The Woodsman (Limited)

Christmas Day

-Darkness

-Fat Albert

I was about five million short.

And I see the WWE Promotion Curse is still in full effect. I swear, the WWE is the death nail of box office numbers when they promote a film.

And 9 million for Spanglish? God.

Whoa. Lemony Snicket did really bad for a Jim Carrey comedy. I thought it would do at least double that. Harry Potter it ain't.

NOTE: I didn't actually see the movie and have no plans on seeing it, but the hype seemed to suggest that it would do much better.

I saw Blade: Trinity today and it has its plusses and minuses. It was nice to see Ryan Reynolds, who was hilarious in it. As far as HHH goes, I have seen Ron Perlman as a lackey heel in Blade II...and you sir are no Ron Perlman.

Leminy Snickets doing iffy business isn't shocking. The movie looks really bizarre and not very entertaining. Seeing Jim Carrey trying to kill his nieces and nephews isn't all that appealing to me.

I thought it'd make 50 million as well.

It was a pretty good film, but it is very dark (Jim Carrey is EVIL in this - he kills at least two people, and it's implied he's caused the death of several more), so that may be keeping parents away from the theaters with their kids.

Hopefully the film has some staying power, though, cause there's pretty much nothing else out now (or coming out in the near future) that's better.

I was wrong. What can I say? :-)

Every article I've read about this week's box office says everyone is happy with Snickett and they think it should hold up really well over Christmas.

I saw Snickett- it was really good but very dark. I thought they focused too much on the kids. It made me really want to read the books though.

I wonder how Fat Albert will do. Kenan Thompson told me he thought the movie looks really corny and not very good

Guest Mindless_Aggression

So how long have you honestly had that "Snicket sales tickets" lines ready to go?

Nice to see that The Flight Of The Phoenix ...crash landed. Ohoho. I'm so bad.

Jesus. First people say Harry Potter is dark. Then it's the Incredibles is dark. And now it's Lemony Snicket was dark? NO. They were not dark at all. Jeez. There was so much lame kids humor, LOL the baby had a pun LOL crap in it. Horrible movie. Absolutely horrible.

Harry Potter and Snickett were dark- Incredibles- not so much.

Except for the baby with the subtitles (which I thought was funny)- I didn't notice a lot of kiddie humour.

Anyway it seems that Tawren hates everything so whatever

Jesus. First people say Harry Potter is dark. Then it's the Incredibles is dark. And now it's Lemony Snicket was dark? NO. They were not dark at all. Jeez. There was so much lame kids humor, LOL the baby had a pun LOL crap in it. Horrible movie. Absolutely horrible.

You're clearly insane.

Let's just look at Snicket: you have the children's parents dying in a horrible fire, you have Count Olaf try to murder them (blatantly - he's not subtlely trying to snuff them, he actively took steps to kill all three), you have Olaf killing at least two people, and you have several scenes of child abuse (both mental and physical). Plus, if you wanted to, you could read a little pedophilia into the film in regards to Olaf's plot to marry Violet.

The film is SUBSTANTIALLY darker than virtually any other children's movie released this year, or the last. Or probably the year before that.

Except for the baby with the subtitles (which I thought was funny)- I didn't notice a lot of kiddie humour.

All of Jim Carrey's lame sentence ending stuff where he shook his jaw and made weird noises.

The narrator.

Basically, everything Carrey did. Dressing up as different characters and trying to sneak in and steal the kids. Complete with wacky accents! Oh ho ho ho!

Anyway it seems that Tawren hates everything so whatever

I love lots of stuff, just not crap. I will admit that I cracked up laughing once during Lemony Snicket:

Jim Carrey: ...do every single thing that pops into my head.

Boy Kid: No.

Jim Carrey: MASSIVE FUCKING BACKHAND RIGHT ACROSS THE JAW.

I got a ton of dirty looks from parents around me for cracking up at that.

ahh you misunderstand.. I know exactly what occured throughout the film, yet.. it left me and my friend perplexed, because things just seemed to ''happen'', without any true sort of plot aside from affair here, deception there. eh well