TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hhh6294

When will NHL fans turn on Hockey?

Actually, no. It's not a good "read". A good read is something that makes you step back and actually think about the situation. All this does is just repeat the tired ol' crap we fans been saying now since this all started.

Actually, no. It's not a good "read". A good read is something that makes you step back and actually think about the situation. All this does is just repeat the tired ol' crap we fans been saying now since this all started.

With some extra cussing on the side, too.

You know this guy's a real hockey fan when he's only willing/able to watch the NHL. The jackass should just pull his head out of his ass and watch AHL, college, or any one of the countless other minor & amateur leagues.

Oh, and like Flik said, it's not a good read.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

As a Canadian, I am tired of all the anaylsis of Monday morning Quarterbacks. Every Canadian station is consumed with this garbage. Do I want them to play? Yes. But maybe its time for the television stations to move the fuck on. Repeating the same old boring rhetroic is getting you nowhere. Did anyone actually expect this "blog" to be enlightening? Nothing can be said about this lockout that was said before. Its silly on both ends. Both need to make concessions. I think as of now the blame needs to be placed on the owners for not trusting one another. That 24% rollback could've solved everything, had the owners made a pact to not over spend anymore. But they won't. The players now feel hurt for having their large concession pissed on. There won't be hockey, end of story, lets talk about the Super Bowl.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
There won't be hockey, end of story, lets talk about the Super Bowl.

There is more hockey than just the NHL.

Spoken like a true Canadian. After the World Juniors, there'll only be AHL and classic games on TV. While the latter can be enjoyable, the suspense of it is all gone because the results of the games have already been determined. AHL = bah.

OK... fine. I didn't state it well.

It's kinda funny to read... not good to reflect on.

Granted, it's probably some dude who has too much time on his hands, but I'm starting to get to the point where he's supposedly at. (or not at, whatever the case is)

EDIT: I've actually got tickets to see the Canadian and US teams play on Monday and Tuesday after Christmas up at the Ralph Englstead Arena in Grand Forks (my uncle lives in Fargo and we'll be in the area so he gave up 4 tix to see the games), so that will be a whole lot of fun to see.

As a Canadian, I am tired of all the anaylsis of Monday morning Quarterbacks. Every Canadian station is consumed with this garbage. Do I want them to play? Yes. But maybe its time for the television stations to move the fuck on. Repeating the same old boring rhetroic is getting you nowhere. Did anyone actually expect this "blog" to be enlightening? Nothing can be said about this lockout that was said before. Its silly on both ends. Both need to make concessions. I think as of now the blame needs to be placed on the owners for not trusting one another. That 24% rollback could've solved everything, had the owners made a pact to not over spend anymore. But they won't. The players now feel hurt for having their large concession pissed on. There won't be hockey, end of story, lets talk about the Super Bowl.

I liked the blog better.

Spoken like a true Canadian. After the World Juniors, there'll only be AHL and classic games on TV. While the latter can be enjoyable, the suspense of it is all gone because the results of the games have already been determined. AHL = bah.

The 67s are on every Friday at the very least. They are also on quite a bit on Sundays. Although they are off all weekend because of Christmas. The next televised game is against Oshawa on Tuesday Dec 28th.

I follow the Barrie Colts because my cousin plays for them, and its entertaining hockey, and people love the game. I mean its not being followed as much as I would like too, but more people are going out to see the Jr. B, OHL, WHL, AHL, and college game's because of no hockey.

The people who want the NHL back are the one's who follow the NHL and watch every damn game in the season, that they listen to Bob McKenzie, the guys from Sportsnet etc... that every detail is important.

For the past three years, I couldn't care about 80 per cent of the regular season, since it was meaningless, and never had a certain flair towards it. There was no rivalries anymore, there is no loyalty towards the teams. When you put on a Red Wings, Maple Leafs, Canadiens jersey, there was pride, and honour wearing their colours, because of the legacy behind them. You played and worked harder than before, because of the history, and the local media critizes every thing you do. Now its almost a spit in the faces of the people who brought those teams to the elite, and wear that jersey for a season or two, because you want more money to play elsewhere.

The 67s are on every Friday at the very least. They are also on quite a bit on Sundays. Although they are off all weekend because of Christmas. The next televised game is against Oshawa on Tuesday Dec 28th.

*is going to next Tuesday's game between the 67s and Generals at the Civic Centre*

:)

There won't be hockey, end of story, lets talk about the Super Bowl.

There is more hockey than just the NHL.

While it's certainly not NHL caliber, the AHL is not necessarily bad hockey.

Within a one hour drive from where I live, I can go see any of four AHL teams or more college teams than I can count (BC, BU, UMASS-Lowell, Harvard, Northeastern, Merrimack, UNH, Providence, and I'm sure I'm missing someone).

There's more than enough hockey even without the NHL.

For those who have been watching the World Juniors Lately, the combination of Sidney Crosby and Patrice Bergeron is really something, and 8/10 there's a good-great quality scoring chance.

It's days like this that I envy you all north of the border ... ESPN2 is playing the US games, but that's it -- I'm not 100% certain that they're even covering the finals. But my VCR is already set for US-Russia @ 8:30 tonight, so I'll at least get the US games.

And I'm stoked to see Crosby, me and a buddy are driving up to Maine to see him play in February. It might be my only chance before he goes pro.