TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrestling365

Raw Notes, Brock Lesnar Latest, Injury News, More

Guest wrestling365

WWE Raw from Biloxi last night saw Chris Jericho over Christian, Randy Orton over Maven, Lita over Molly Holly, Simon Dean over Rosey, Edge over Eugene, Chris Benoit over Viscera, Batista over Rhyno, and Triple H over Shelton Benjamin. The major news coming out of the show is that Kane vs. Gene Snitski has been added to the New Years Revolution pay-per-view and Shawn Michaels will be the guest referee in the Elimination Chamber match.

W365 reader Mark Griffen was at the show and sent in the following... 'The matches they taped for Heat were Tyson Tomko vs. William Regal, Hurricane vs. Robert Conway, Trish Stratus vs. Victoria, and Ric Flair vs. Val Venis. Tajiri beat Jerry Young in the dark match. After the show went off the air Randy Orton wrestled Triple H with Shawn Michaels as the referee. Hunter wrestled most of the match with his a-- exposed before Orton won with an RKO. Good comedy match and a great show overall.'

The Raw tour continues tonight at the Glendale Arena in Glendale, AZ. The show is being pushed locally featuring a special appearance by Superstar Billy Graham as well as Randy Orton vs. Triple H, Batista vs. Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit vs. Edge. The Smackdown crew return to action tonight taping TV from the UNO Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, LA.

Antonio Inoki announced to Japanese media yesterday that Brock Lesnar will be appearing at the New Japan Tokyo Dome show on January 4. Lesnar will probably be sitting ringside because he can't wrestle for any promotion until March as he is bound by the leaving terms of his frozen WWE contract.

Mark Henry is expected to return to TV within the next few weeks. Henry has been on the injured list since February after undergoing shoulder reconstruction surgery. The general consensus is that he is a more well-rounded performer following various OVW stints where in the past he was sent to lose weight. They want him to improve on promos and his timing but beyond that they are very happy with his progress in recent years. Management have high hopes for Henry in 2005...

Christopher Nowinski, still under WWE contract, hasn't given up on returning to the ring. Nowinski has been dealing with post-concussion syndrome since the summer of 2003. A friend of his told me: "Chris is in high spirits and waiting for his medical clearance. He just wants to be part of the show but is happy doing his promotional work. He's also been writing a book on brain injuries during his time out."

Jackie Gayda has posted a new web column talking about the Smackdown special from Iraq. She writes: "It was so amazing to feel the holiday spirit really radiate off the troops from us being there. I cannot imagine what it would be like on the holidays being so far away from home, on foreign war-fighting soil and to top that off, being without our friends and family at the time of year we feel the closest to them. Once again, on behalf of the World Wrestling Entertainment family I would like to say 'we love you guys and gals for what you do for us!' For it is your hard work and dedication to our country that you let us have what we have and do what we do. We are all so glad to be able to be a part of your holiday and bring some of the 'back home spirit' to you." Click here for the rest: http://tinyurl.com/595zs

The Rock and Triple H have both been attached to star in "He-Man" which is expected to start shooting in 2006. John Woo has reportedly signed on to direct the movie which is the second adaptation of the 1980s series. The first, 1987's Masters of the Universe, starred Dolph Lundgren. Rumor has it that Jason Lewis is also being considered for the lead role. Sex and the City fans will remember him as Samantha's boy-toy Smith. The Rock is actually good friends with John Woo and they are scheduled to shoot another movie "Spy Hunter" next year.

W365 reader Bryan Clarke spotted Kane on Sunday at the Knoxville Ice Bears-Huntsville Havoc minor league hockey game.

Bam Bam Bigelow will be serving as a celebrity judge for the af2's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers dance team tryouts. Link: http://tinyurl.com/5um8w

WWE has made #6 in Yahoo!'s most-searched term of the year and Trish Stratus made #10 in AOL's most searched sports stars.

Smackdown Diva Amy Weber will be on NBC's Tonight Show on New Years Eve. She will appear in a sketch alongside comedian Tom Green.

Lita posted the following message on the A.D.O.R.E. forums: "Hey everyone! My time off has flown by! I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I know Matt, Lucas and I did. Thanks for all the support and posts, they are really fun to read. Keep checking back. I am feeling good with some rest and even better knowing I finally beat Trish for the Women's title. It was Lucas' first Christmas so he had a blast. I have some new pics to put up so stay tuned. Much love to everyone out there take care! XXOO, Amy" Link: http://tinyurl.com/6uvzc

I know Matt, Lucas and I did

It was Lucas' first Christmas so he had a blast.

Who the fuck is Lucas? Did Matt and Lita have a child or something or have they just renamed Jeff?

Mark Henry is expected to return to TV within the next few weeks. Henry has been on the injured list since February after undergoing shoulder reconstruction surgery. The general consensus is that he is a more well-rounded performer following various OVW stints where in the past he was sent to lose weight. They want him to improve on promos and his timing but beyond that they are very happy with his progress in recent years. Management have high hopes for Henry in 2005...

Until he gets re-injured a few weeks later after his return.

Who the fuck is Lucas? Did Matt and Lita have a child or something or have they just renamed Jeff?

it's their dog

it's their dog

oh, it takes more after Lita!

The general consensus is that he is a more well-rounded performer following various OVW stints where in the past he was sent to lose weight. They want him to improve on promos and his timing but beyond that they are very happy with his progress in recent years.

Ha ha ha ha! Oh, wait, they're serious?

Management have high hopes for Henry in 2005...

Wonderful :rolleyes:

Guest LooneyTune

Mark Henry can easily be resigned in 2006... it's just his current contract pays him $1 Million a year for ten years IIRC. He can be re-signed for less, and can be used as a JTTS to big monsters or people getting pushed like against Benoit on Raw this year or against Brock on the 8/1/02 SD where he got F-5ed.

A more well-rounded performer? Very happy with his progress in recent years? High hopes for 2005?

None of these things make any sense to me. I mean, in the 8 years he has been working for WWF/WWE Mark Henry has shown no wrestling abality at all. I know he is on a stupid 10 year, $1 million a year contract and that is probably why they are pushing him (again!) but really after this long shouldn't WWE understand that Mark Henry is never going to mean anything to wrestling? They have high hopes, they need help.

Guest Loss

Does anyone else find it humorous that Mark Henry was making $1 million in 1997 while Bret Hart was making only slightly more and the thought was that *Bret's* contract was costing the company too much money?

Guest LooneyTune

I find it to be more pathetic than humorous, since Mark Henry wrestled about 1 match in his first 18 months hired.

PWInsider.Com is reporting that Bill "Paul Bearer/Percy Pringle" Moody was backstage at Raw last night visiting friends.

Sources backstage claim is was looking fantastic and has lost about 200 pounds since undergoing gastric bypass surgery. He was said to be in great spirits while visiting friends within the company. It’s expected he will be backstage at Smackdown tonight as well, visiting friends, since the show is close to his home in Mobile.

As far as we know, there are no immediate plans to bring him back on television just yet, however he still holds a contract with the company.

Guest LooneyTune

At least Paul Bearer is going to no-sell death better than HHH did. Hunter came back in 2 weeks, Bearer might come back after 7-8 months the earliest (if ever). Glad to hear he lost all the weight he gained over the last two years.

Guest LooneyTune

Nothing about Lesnar that people care about*

It's aready being discussed in Puroresu I think (maybe Misc., I forget).

Guest LooneyTune

I could've sworn it was $10 mil. for 10 years, otherwise VINCE WOULD'VE FIRED HIM BY NOW. $2.5 for 10 years is probably nothing to Vince.

Henry's contract is a no-cut one, so he can't be fired. When he kept getting put in those stupid sex angles, like having a transvestite go down on him, most felt it was the WWF's way of trying to get him to quit, so they'd be out from the deal.

Guest LooneyTune

Blech... who the hell thought that kind of a contract was a good idea? I can imagine someone like Hunter or the Undertaker being given a contract that says they are indespensable, but MARK HENRY?! (hangs self)

W365 reader Bryan Clarke spotted Kane on Sunday at the Knoxville Ice Bears-Huntsville Havoc minor league hockey game.

Has Adam Bomb sunk so low?

Guest Brian
Mark Henry is not making $1 million a year. His contract was a 10-year deal for $2.5 million, which is $250,000 per year.

Where did you get that figure? The only figure I've seen quoted is ten years at ten million.

Mark Henry is not making $1 million a year. His contract was a 10-year deal for $2.5 million, which is $250,000 per year.

Where did you get that figure? The only figure I've seen quoted is ten years at ten million.

The Observer and a bunch of other places. I've not once read a report that had his salary at $1m per year.

Guest wrestling365

If Mark Henry is earning $1 million per year then he's a fucking smart man. Unfortunetly if brains were gasoline he couldn't propel a flee on a motorcycle around a rain drop, and he would admit to that.

Seriously though... Mark is a good guy who has had a bad run with injuries. Let's not hate on the guy because some dumb shit gave him a good contract. Given the chance and the right siruation he will get over.

Jim Cornette frequently tells the boys in OVW... "Good booking cannot overcome bad talent, good talent can over come bad booking."

Mark is a good talent you just haven't seen it yet, but you will, and you'll be surprised. Trust me!

Guest LooneyTune

I trust anyone as far as I can throw Viscera. Henry had potential when he was "Sexual Chocolate", but they killed that with the Sammy thing and Mae Young... (retches)

If Mark Henry is earning $1 million per year then he's a fucking smart man. Unfortunetly if brains were gasoline he couldn't propel a flee on a motorcycle around a rain drop, and he would admit to that.

Seriously though... Mark is a good guy who has had a bad run with injuries. Let's not hate on the guy because some dumb shit gave him a good contract. Given the chance and the right siruation he will get over.

Jim Cornette frequently tells the boys in OVW... "Good booking cannot overcome bad talent, good talent can over come bad booking."

Mark is a good talent you just haven't seen it yet, but you will, and you'll be surprised. Trust me!

I guess your sources told you this.